House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
On 18/03/2021 at 02:49, warpig said:

I haven't seen any videos, but if anyone knows where to find it I'd be interested.

It's all very well in a rising market... the shareholders will be compliant whilst they're reeping the benefits of the dividends and a rising share price... but what if he's wrong? I would say he's jeapordising the financial stability of the company by investing in a maturing asset. If BTC has another 2017 moment, will MicroStrategy survive?

11 hours ago, warpig said:

Thanks for the video, although he doesn't mention his investors agreeing to store the company's assets in BTC.

MS was definitely interviewed and referenced the deal but I can't recall in which video.  I view many.

@warpig This is a very good interview too and worth watching full. Seems Foss is also a Saylor fan.  Don't worry, you haven't missed out.  44:02, "it's happening..." In his view you, “it’s inevitable that if you own zero bitcoin right now, you are taking extreme amounts of risk.”

@MonsieurCopperCrutchNot that you need any convincing! :)

8 hours ago, yelims said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-natwest-regulator-idUSKBN2B80RH

NatWest are in hot water with criminal proceeding agains them for helping launder $550 million for ... wait for it ... "a Bradford-based gold dealer and jeweller" 😂

Classic! 🤣

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The the techies might understand the significance of the first 10 mins other than MS is clearly ultra-determined.  Love the NASA story.  The mind boggles.  

MS say it will take 6-12 months to invest in Bitcoin from start to finish. for a public company.   Aug 21 - Feb 22 range based on MicroStrategy's BTC event.

1:04 "Such a silly notion to claim you understand Bitcoin and then think you will invest 1% of your assets." Even I get this.

1:07 Yo have to defend  the network to the death. Don't F*** with the network.  It's a beautiful thing."

He likes his vignettes!

Btw, he ain't selling!

@warpiggo to 49:00 re: approach to shareholders and other counter-parties.  Doesn't reference premium but you might find it in the annual report.

59:15 - "I'd like to buy it all Nathaniel (Saylor is as far as I see 😄)...who are these people selling this to me and I feel sorry for them." 🤣 

@jiltedjen, I think you might just have Saylor's support but not for buying a house but for getting married. 😁

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA448
HOLA449
1 hour ago, Buffer Bear said:

MS was definitely interviewed and referenced the deal but I can't recall in which video.  I view many.

@warpig This is a very good interview too and worth watching full. Seems Foss is also a Saylor fan.  Don't worry, you haven't missed out.  44:02, "it's happening..." In his view you, “it’s inevitable that if you own zero bitcoin right now, you are taking extreme amounts of risk.”

@MonsieurCopperCrutchNot that you need any convincing! :)

Classic! 🤣

Exactly. One reason why I love Bitcoin is for it's open ledger possibilities. Which is one reason why NatWest and other bankster cartels who wish to get away with money laundering hate it. I have literally no idea why someone posting on a forum dedicated to those priced out of a decent lifestyle and housing would side with the banksters against Bitcoin; their opportunity to financial freedom. Takes all sorts I guess.  

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Exactly. One reason why I love Bitcoin is for it's open ledger possibilities. Which is one reason why NatWest and other bankster cartels who wish to get away with money laundering hate it. I have literally no idea why someone posting on a forum dedicated to those priced out of a decent lifestyle and housing would side with the banksters against Bitcoin; their opportunity to financial freedom. Takes all sorts I guess.  

They have yet to understand...The psychological bias as Foss puts it.

HOLA4411

OSL introduces the inaugural OSL Capital Introduction Conference, connecting and educating institutional investors and allocators with the paths to investing into digital assets. The demand for Bitcoin, other digital assets, and products associated with them is at an all time high. We are seeing more traditional finance participation, including BlackRock, JP Morgan, and BNY Mellon asserting themselves in the asset class; and near daily reports of corporate investment into the space, most recently by Tesla and MicroStrategy. The maturation of the market is accelerating and the timing is ripe for the initiation of the industry’s first formal conference devoted to helping you unlock the paths to investing into digital assets.

Extra content albeit some cryptocurrency related but the opening is by Meltem Demirors who focuses on Bitcoin - Cyberspace is the new frontier...

Why Institutions, Family Offices and Allocators are investing in Digital Assets is also a discussion.

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Was having a chat with a neighbour at the weekend, an over the fence type one, no knowledge of crypto what so ever [and I doubt any explanation from me filled that knowledge gap!] but he said something off the cuff so interesting I thought I would share.

He said it sounds like the most peaceful revolution in the last few thousand years. Everything is digital so why not a currency or store of value. The banks and fractional lending have been around so long with the same model its surprising anything took this long to offer any real, lasting competition. And what had 'us youngsters been up to'! 

The bit that really got me was 'peaceful', I suppose its rare that any model that so contrives the other [?] has co existed next to it? We have, in the past, tended to see revolution as over throwing of systems whether thats financial, governance, political and social with changes to rights etc.  

Who here sees Cryptographic's as a complete over haul of the old? My minds not made up...

Dave

HOLA4421
40 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

Was having a chat with a neighbour at the weekend, an over the fence type one, no knowledge of crypto what so ever [and I doubt any explanation from me filled that knowledge gap!] but he said something off the cuff so interesting I thought I would share.

He said it sounds like the most peaceful revolution in the last few thousand years. Everything is digital so why not a currency or store of value. The banks and fractional lending have been around so long with the same model its surprising anything took this long to offer any real, lasting competition. And what had 'us youngsters been up to'! 

The bit that really got me was 'peaceful', I suppose its rare that any model that so contrives the other [?] has co existed next to it? We have, in the past, tended to see revolution as over throwing of systems whether thats financial, governance, political and social with changes to rights etc.  

Who here sees Cryptographic's as a complete over haul of the old? My minds not made up...

Dave

This longish article by Jeff Booth deals with this and how it has the potential to become a global reserve currency and peacefully supersedes the previous model.

https://medium.com/the-bitcoin-times/the-greatest-game-b787ac3242b2

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Data Dave said:

Dave

Think about this, Iran stores all it's monetary "Wealth" in Bitcoin, not Gold or USD.  USA invades and conquers IRAN as it holds no USD for international trade (it uses Bitcoin).  They find after spending "Billions" on the Invasion, that there is no Gold to steal. They cant get access to the Bitcoin as they officials that have the Iranian private keys have fled to Russia. 

Iran's oil is not worth to much, due to electric cars and hydrogen planes, and will take decades to recover the cost of the invasion. 

Would this future not make War almost pointless, if you cant steal a nations wealth through force?  

HOLA4424

Interesting point @markyh

Boots on the ground warfare.......prehaps.

But cyber warfare is warfare none the less right?

But in serious terms bitcoin or crypto currencies vs the central banking cartels? How peaceful will that be?

In order for them [CBs] to lend [crypto] even on a fractional basis, they will have to buy, own and store. To then stake.... 

HOLA4425