House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
5 hours ago, markyh said:

Just cant resist this, @ 8th of Feb BTC was $3425 to $3800 for the day, pretty close to the bottom and a great entry if you had the balls and believed. I think either @wsn03 mate got eaten by the Sharks or I imaging wsn03 sitting by his mobile checking for "the nod" ever 5 mins and saying over and over, "any moment now will be a pullback and I will get the Nod to "buy in". 

Newsflash, the rebound happened @ $3200, only missed out on 250% gainz waiting for "The Nod".

Had you listened to us you could be cashing out now a happy camper. Oh well.  

He’s gone very quiet these days ?

HOLA442
HOLA443
3 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

all seems a little early considering the halving is still a decent amount of time away. 

but I suppose from the point of the halving it will be gaining daily (in fiat) just from the rate that fiat devalues. 

Fed says lets cut rates. BTC moons. Coincidence?

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
8 minutes ago, AndyFTB said:

It is still early days, very early days, to think this rally will surpass the last.  People are posting as if it is a dead cert and we will not go below $5k ever again.  We may not, but we might...

Will be most interesting this Xmas after various institutional launches (if they happen!) and only 6 months to the halving and hopefully at least one 40% pullback to rid us of weak hands. 

I personally don’t want anywhere near $20k this year, so we need a good sell off. After the halving yep past $20k and off to the races. 

I still believe $20k will be passed away in 2020 and we will reach $200k by the end of 2021. 

HOLA447
On 22/06/2019 at 01:50, dannyf said:

Periodic update. Posted at roughly $7400. Currently around $10180 (+37.6%).

This is quite some short squeeze. Sticking with this prediction?

Absolutely sticking with it. This is a suckers rally that is going to destroy anyone who is FOMO'ing in at these prices. 

Those buying this bubble at $10k plus are going to be crushed once it drops below $1,300 over the next couple of years.

Feel free to keep posting these updates and we'll see over the next 12 - 18 months.

Edited by narco

HOLA448
HOLA449
3 hours ago, Denseharry said:

I was thinking of having a punt then I read this

The Big Fix: How traders use dark web to ramp up digital currencies

This was rife during the last boom. You need to pick something that has a thin market, ideally a smaller cap coin listed only on a small number of exchanges then pimp it everywhere as "the next bitcoin". Havn't seen any significant evidence of it happening much these days. Anyway this sort of activity doesn't make much odds in the grand scheme of things. Bitcoin is on its way to $1 trillion cap so all this short term activity is small beer.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4410
6 hours ago, narco said:

Absolutely sticking with it. This is a suckers rally that is going to destroy anyone who is FOMO'ing in at these prices. 

Those buying this bubble at $10k plus are going to be crushed once it drops below $1,300 over the next couple of years.

Feel free to keep posting these updates and we'll see over the next 12 - 18 months.

Wow you really think it will now fall to $1300 in 2 years which will be mid 2021, less than six months from the 4 year cycle peak? Bitcoin will be six figures by then! Maybe 2022, 23 you might be lucky to see it drop back to $30k as a new cycle bear market bottom. 

HOLA4411
7 hours ago, narco said:

I like your conviction :) I can’t see it but anything is possible

HOLA4412
On 15/06/2019 at 10:32, markyh said:

If I had sold any time after the 3rd week of January 2018 and been to scared to buy back I would be sick as a dog by now. Maybe i'm weird but fear of missing out of future higher gainz is worse for me than fear of losing past gainz. 

Bitcoin isn't a store of value or hard money, it's a market where people buy and sell FOMO.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 hours ago, Dorkins said:

Bitcoin isn't a store of value or hard money, it's a market where people buy and sell FOMO.

Not me, bought in 2013/14 and hold, added to the position at the lows 2018. 

Its far to early to realises gains. It will go to $200k by 2021 and in the $ millions by 2025.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

But the long term price trend keeps going up, why?

At the surface level I guess the price signal means the amount of FOMO is increasing, so the price of FOMO insurance (a.k.a. cryptocurrency) is also increasing.

As to why the amount of FOMO is increasing, it's not too hard to come up with pop psychology explanations but these aren't really testable so who knows whether they are true e.g. 40 years of wage suppression is making people desperate to find another way to obtain economic security since plan A (work hard, be frugal) is clearly not working for most people.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA4418

it would be fun to see it go to 500k fomo`s jump in then lose the lot.  Hardcore holders will never sell so price is irrelevant anyway. 

gold v2 prevails.?

18 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

40 years of wage suppression is making people desperate to find another way to obtain economic security since plan A (work hard, be frugal) is clearly not working for most people.

working hard does not equal more money most of the time. 

its work hard in making money and saving most of it for the downturn time even better if you can get a good return.  

i like crypto but far too late in the game for me to join the party saying that if i won the million quid P bonds i would maybe invest 50k in BTC at a low.  say under a grand each. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
On 22/06/2019 at 15:18, markyh said:

Just cant resist this, @ 8th of Feb BTC was $3425 to $3800 for the day, pretty close to the bottom and a great entry if you had the balls and believed. I think either @wsn03 mate got eaten by the Sharks or I imaging wsn03 sitting by his mobile checking for "the nod" ever 5 mins and saying over and over, "any moment now will be a pullback and I will get the Nod to "buy in". 

Newsflash, the rebound happened @ $3200, only missed out on 250% gainz waiting for "The Nod".

Had you listened to us you could be cashing out now a happy camper. Oh well.  

I've been far too busy in my own future - industry. We're dealing with something too big to contemplate, so only been on this forum a couple of times in the last few weeks.

I expect Bitcoin to yo yo around for the next few months, probably ending up back near 2k, but we shall see. Either way it doesn't have much consequence for me, though I will buy-in at the next big crash if (when) that comes along at some point.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 hours ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

Yeah im wondering if there will be something unexpected here. 

Bitcoin will always do the unexpected in the short term, that's why the most successful investment strategies are the ones that make the least assumptions about short term movements.

HOLA4425

23 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Bitcoin will always do the unexpected in the short term, that's why the most successful investment strategies are the ones that make the least assumptions about short term movements.

Ok so with longer term... In 2013 pre halving we got a double bubble type move (mtgox probably influencing this not being a single bubble price move).  In 2016/17 a fair few expected the same double bubble and i guess front running that expectation just made 1 single smoother price move? (no double bubble)

So what does the front running the 2016/17 smoother price move create in this bull cycle? right now it seems to be creating an, earlier than expected price move. 

Question is, do we get an even smoother consistent price move from now until end of the bull cycle or something else?