House Price Crash Forum
NatterJackToad

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

1 hour ago, longgone said:

This thread will go quiet again when the hodlers never sell and it goes back to 2k ūü§£¬†

Or settles to $200k for a while with more and more adoption. ūüėČ

3 minutes ago, markyh said:

Or settles to $200k for a while with more and more adoption. ūüėČ

depends if the die hard hodlers eventually sell up , could go down big time.¬†ūüėĄ

39 minutes ago, longgone said:

depends if the die hard hodlers eventually sell up , could go down big time.¬†ūüėĄ

or maybe.... depends if the die hard hodlers ..... of fiat ...... eventually sell up??

3 hours ago, longgone said:

"if everyone sells it will go down a lot" jesus christ weve got an economic genius in our midst.

Edited by goldbug9999

2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

"if everyone sells it will go down a lot" jesus christ weve got an economic genius in our midst.

really ? selling is never selling with crypto or fiat just exchanging. how would anybody know with a anonymous store of wealth¬†ūüėĄ

5 hours ago, cnick said:

or maybe.... depends if the die hard hodlers ..... of fiat ...... eventually sell up??

nah I`m waiting for it to be completely worthless, will give me a reason to bother to work

17 hours ago, scottbeard said:

They can’t touch bitcoin, much as they’d love to.  

Yes, they can. They can make them illegal if they wanted too. Worse, they could imprison you and/or confiscate your assets if found trading them or holding them.

54 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Yes, they can. They can make them illegal if they wanted too. Worse, they could imprison you and/or confiscate your assets if found trading them or holding them.

You think they will multilaterrally ban it in every country? Haha. If they could, they would have already. 

1 hour ago, GreenDevil said:

You think they will multilaterrally ban it in every country? Haha. If they could, they would have already. 

I've no idea if they will but they could ban it if they wanted to. It would be no different to how sanctions work. The only reason they don't care about it is because they know cryptos are worthless and are no threat.

Edited by Captain Kirk

2 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Ah, because the worldwide war on drugs is going so well, and you can physically find those if you spend the money to look. Lots of money though. 

Even if they blocked all legit fiat exchang s worldwide you would have black market local bitcoins operations springing up. 

35 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

I've no idea if they will but they could ban it if they wanted to. It would be no different to how sanctions work. The only reason they don't care about it is because they know cryptos are worthless and are no threat.

Sanctions work because the USA control the swift network, they have zero control on the bitcoin network. If Russia wants to send Iran several billion $ worth of Bitcoin to aid their nuclear weapons program their  absolutely nothing the USA can do about it. 

2 hours ago, markyh said:

Sanctions work because the USA control the swift network, they have zero control on the bitcoin network. If Russia wants to send Iran several billion $ worth of Bitcoin to aid their nuclear weapons program their  absolutely nothing the USA can do about it. 

Which is my point. If they could stop it they would. Its out of their control. Every country has a piece if it. FIAT GARBAGE is their control. Bitcoin isnt. Its untouchable which is why its so valuable. 

Edited by GreenDevil

On 22/06/2019 at 14:18, markyh said:

Gets way better than that, real egg on face time. We have now hit $11k, this means we are $9800 from $1200 but on $9000 from passing the ATH. 

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Narco. 

Hate to burst your bubble but this turkey has topped. Massive shooting star on the weekly, in supply, with volume, RSI over 70.

Tried to warn you guys this dead cat was complete hot air. 

Now for the long grind down to sub $1,300. Even when it gets there, it's going to be flat-lined down there for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, narco said:

Hate to burst your bubble but this turkey has topped. Massive shooting star on the weekly, in supply, with volume, RSI over 70.

Now for the long grind down to sub $1,300. Even when it gets there, it's going to be flat-lined down there for a long time. 

Love it when Narco shows up. Always after a drop. 

Love it when the egg lands on his face. Literally zero correct predictions. 

On 26/06/2019 at 18:51, doomed said:

Ok, just moved back to cash. If I f@ck this up I am done trying to swing trade crypto.

If swing trading crypto is your thing (it isn't mine) then you might be interested in the Crypto 10 index.

https://www.ig.com/uk/cryptocurrency-trading

The usual warnings apply etc.

1 hour ago, narco said:

Jesus Christ you said this exact thing about a month ago, and by the weekend the shooting star had turned into a bull candle again, this is crypto knobhead, 24/7, it don't sleep, it don't rest or break and the week lasts 7 days, 3 more to go. Come back Monday morning and then tell what the weekly candle closed as. Could be worse, could be better. Hopefully this is a 30-40% pullback , as normal, then we consolidate, then we move up again and retest $13800.

markyh predicts $200,000

narco predicts $1,300

Maybe we should just close this thread until one of those happens, otherwise it's just one speculation vs the other? ;) 

More seriously though, Bitcoin has long been volatile in price, and a 25% fall this week needs to be considered in the context of a 450% rise over the last couple of months.  If a 25% fall is a concern to someone, Bitcoin is not an investment they should consider. (Shares either, for that matter...)

15 hours ago, markyh said:

Ah, because the worldwide war on drugs is going so well, and you can physically find those if you spend the money to look. Lots of money though. 

Even if they blocked all legit fiat exchang s worldwide you would have black market local bitcoins operations springing up. 

But you'd be breaking the law. I doubt many of you would trade it if it was illegal like narcotics and had the same consequences. If the government could just stop you doing things there would be no need for laws. The government can't stop you murdering your neighbour if you really wanted to. Laws are there to put the responsibility on the individual.

7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Why would I cash out? I’ve held my bitcoin for over 6 years already. 

cant lose then

3 hours ago, UberMonkeySmallAndChunky said:

$200,000 + $1,300 √∑ 2 = $100,650

the market is set by the participants, Narco is not a participant.

predictions of those involved or seriously thinking of getting involved probably have more merit to price descovery for the market price.

hence why it does not pay to listen to bears who are not involved. they don’t play a part in actual price discovery. 

i myself who is involved has said several times during the last bubble that it will burst, and I was mostly concerned at the coming new higher low. 

when looking at any market look at the people involved in the space. plenty of long term holders. more are created every day, will be a lot of dramatic booms and busts, but always a reasonably rise in the higher medium term lows

i think $60,000 is the next peak, but no idea when we will hit it given the halving timing. might even be the next halving not this one. 

Edited by jiltedjen

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

the market is set by the participants, Narco is not a participant.

Not holding coin but wanted to is a very stressful position, been there and done that.  Best thing is just to buy in and put spare energy to working out how to buy more vs stressing out over the price not dropping to where you want.   Obviously just put in what you can afford to risk at all times.  Could be a spot for some dips coming up here aswell maybe.

1 hour ago, jiltedjen said:

i think $60,000 is the next peak, but no idea when we will hit it given the halving timing. might even be the next halving not this one. 

6X only though over potentially many years.  Feels kinda bearish if the google trends ever show bitcoin highly searched again.  Would beat amazons market cap though so $60k still pretty impressive.

1 hour ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No I can’t lose because over those years I’ve already recouped my initial outlay. But thanks for your concern.

Lol  

Its good to know a few got life changing amounts shame i was not part of the clan 5k probably would have been enough