House Price Crash Forum

Spitting In Public To Be Councils Next Big Cash Cow After Court Case?

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430724/Pair-men-caught-spitting-prosecuted-Britain-LITTERING-laws-fined-300-each.html

Pair of men caught spitting are first to be prosecuted in Britain under LITTERING laws as they are fined £300 each

Waltham Forest Council initially handed spitters £80 fine each

But the pair refused to pay and Council prosecuted them

Used the same powers used to enforce against litter

Thames Magistrates' Court found duo guilty and fined them £300 each

Could pave the way for other councils to prosecute spitters

When you've got a greeny greb it looks like your going to have to swallow now. At £80 a pop councils could make a fortune on this in some areas.

HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430724/Pair-men-caught-spitting-prosecuted-Britain-LITTERING-laws-fined-300-each.html

When you've got a greeny greb it looks like your going to have to swallow now. At £80 a pop councils could make a fortune on this in some areas.

I prefer it if you defecate in private. Spitting is something people do because they can, not because they have to. Usually yobbos. Fine them.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Is blowing a snorter out your nose classed as littering I wonder. I find myself needing to do that sometimes when out cycling.

Yes quite, and what about dripping sweat onto the road? Or shedding a hair or a few flakes of skin?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Fag ends are a shocker.

People who would never throw away an empty can in the middle of the street - happily do it in front of anyone with a Fag butt.

I don't get it. Its fairly small - but it all adds up.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Walthamforest and other London Boroughs have large Somalian communities who like to chew (and gob out) the Khat leaf.

I think this legislation and action is to get a grip of this problem which has become steadily worse over the years.

Edit to add from the report....

Neither man attended the hearing before Thames Magistrates Court last Friday.
Mrs Thomas, originally from St Lucia in the West Indies, said the teenager was ‘a good child’ but was currently in Feltham Prison and Young Offenders’ Institution awaiting sentencing for robbery.

Explains why one of them wasn't in court and why the fine won't get paid.

Rather meaningless other than the precedent it has set. Clearly this yoof is not going to br too worried about gobbing in public when he has far more illegal axes to grind.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I was in Newcastle a few weeks ago, rather attractive bird headed toward me, I thought to myself "I would" as you do when you see a fit bird, before she hocked up a loogy and spat it in the street and walked on by.

My brother said that was normal for geordie birds. Grim

Don't believe in making everything illegal/fining though, even though I do find it distasteful.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Swansea just last week began to fine people for littering - including, thankfully, cigarette butts. The city centre had become disgusting in some areas due to smokers so I will be interested to see how many they fine. £75 I think.

My local town has a few of these paramilitary style thugs wandering around fining people for dropping fag ends - why can`t these "Community Environmental Officers" just pick the fag ends up?

HOLA4424

primitive way of marking your territory a bit like dogs have to pee up there local lamposts , tree's etc.

Synonymous with chav towns. Wonder into one of these and on approaching a youth you are liable to get a gob marker aimed in front of you and a loud burp to follow.

It is anti-social and I am all for fines.

HOLA4425

I was in Newcastle a few weeks ago, rather attractive bird headed toward me, I thought to myself "I would" as you do when you see a fit bird, before she hocked up a loogy and spat it in the street and walked on by.

My brother said that was normal for geordie birds. Grim

Don't believe in making everything illegal/fining though, even though I do find it distasteful.

You lucky *******! She liked you! You don't know about Geordie women, do you?

Archived