Halifax Hpi September 2010 -3.6%!

Pent Up

HOLA441
  • Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

halifax playing catch up after massaging the numbers for a few months? story not mentioned on radio 1 when every time prices go up they are first item. If we ignore it it will go away.!

Even if you take off 0.8% for the last two months still leaves you with -2.8% which is still HUGE!

:lol:

Shit I've done no work in the last two hours, better give a rest for a bit.

HOLA443
HOLA444

It's a bit long but you should be able to get that on your tombstone as an epitaph. ;)

(Not being rude here. Pythagoras wanted the fact that the volume of a sphere is two thirds of the volume of the cylinder that encloses it on his grave because he felt that discovering that was the cleverest thing he ever did.)

Archimedes. Interesting story - Cicero had read in a poem that Archimedes had arranged to have a sculpture of the sphere-enclosing cylinder atop his grave. The grave had been lost to the Syracusians but when Cicero was there, 137 years later, as Governor of Sicily he found it for them and had it tidied up - an act which won him respect amongst the Sicilians and later described in modern times as the most memorable Roman contribution to mathematics! You can read Cicero's own account:

My link

I hope that this number isn't used as an excuse by the BoE and the FSA to queese and backtrack on mortgage regulation.

Edited by mirage

HOLA445

I know this only confirms what us Property Bee devotees have been seeing for some time, but I am still amazed that they didn't find some way to fudge these figures because that's one hell of a drop and one that even the BBC can't ignore. Actually, they can.

While talking about the potential reforms to public sector pensions, they talk about the cost of living increasing and low IRs as bad things. Why then, pray tell Auntie Beeb, is every increase in the cost of housing, the single biggest purchase most people will ever make in their lifetime, seen as a good thing?! Oh yes, because it's not a house or a home, it's an investment...

*rant over*

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I have to admit I was getting fed up and conspiring to buy by Crimbo.

I must have been one of the last bears to turn ever so slightly bullish (Mrs.Bear gettng fed up).

I think I might buy some gold now.

Not at todays price you won,t $1361 and still going.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

A mate of mine, who sees himself as a bit of a financial guru just completed on a nasty little place to rent out.

Cost him £110k, and he thought he'd got a bargain. Apparently, the EA was going to buy it but he didn't have the cash :lol::lol::lol:

The hoped for £450/month rent, less his costs should see him making a tidy £100/month profit if he's lucky. In fairness, that will go some way to offsetting the £3.6k/month that he's losing.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425