HOLA441
  • Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
13 minutes ago, XswampyX said:

The colour is made-up ballz, pick any shade you want.

See :- http://freerangereggs.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/egg-yolk-colour-is-not-good-guide.html

Plant carotenoids are the key to a yellow yolk, they absorb blue light and scatter the rest, they give autumn leaves their bright yellow colour. Farmyard birds will get much more plant carotenoid in their diet than birds fed a diet solely of poultry pellets.

HOLA444
2 hours ago, spyguy said:

Going down like a vicars daughter.

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

In early Asian pre-market trading the Pound has crashed to new lows.

1.198   - Not sure how long that will last, but the FTSE will do well. 

I am trying to work out when to switch out of foreign exposure and hold cash, so as to lock in the current gains.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
25 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Yes, I hope so.

Anyway, the Pound story is more important than the butter or chocolate story. Let's see how Carney can feck up and makes things worse this week?

Nah, it will all be good. I am expecting record breaking highs in everything. What can go wrong?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
11 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

1.198   - Not sure how long that will last, but the FTSE will do well. 

I am trying to work out when to switch out of foreign exposure and hold cash, so as to lock in the current gains.

This. Every time I think it can't go any higher, off it goes. Damn this market timing!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I am seeing food items up 30% plus percent this week in the shops as opposed to the week before Christmas. One example - Tesco and Sainsbury own brand butter has gone up from about 85pish to about £1.15ish now.

It has.Luckily i got 12 packs of Anchor butter at 15p a pack today in Morrisons.Freezes very nicely and will see me though a few months.Good job seeing as everything i import is shooting up in price.The container i have at sea has gone up in price 5% since it sailed a couple of weeks ago.Might be another 5% when it docks.Good job i hedged into the gold miners in December,they might do a dotcom this year.Inflation is going to be very strong.See if the government holds the line on a benefits freeze.

HOLA4414

I am seeing food items up 30% plus percent this week in the shops as opposed to the week before Christmas. One example - Tesco and Sainsbury own brand butter has gone up from about 85pish to about £1.15ish now.

Blueberries were £1-85 in December they are £1-07 now.

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, durhamborn said:

It has.Luckily i got 12 packs of Anchor butter at 15p a pack today in Morrisons.Freezes very nicely and will see me though a few months.Good job seeing as everything i import is shooting up in price.The container i have at sea has gone up in price 5% since it sailed a couple of weeks ago.Might be another 5% when it docks.Good job i hedged into the gold miners in December,they might do a dotcom this year.Inflation is going to be very strong.See if the government holds the line on a benefits freeze.

Was it the sell-by date? How on earth was it that cheap?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
47 minutes ago, One-percent said:

It's all part of it, imported goods, whether the raw ingredients or finished product, if made overseas, is going to increase in price. Given that we are not self-sufficient food wise, then the cost is going up.  

The resurgence of the Potato, shove your rice, cous cous and quinoa the potato built an empire and will rise again as the carb of choice for the 99%.

HOLA4418
38 minutes ago, Qetesuesi said:

First a tasteless post, now a pointless one.

Be fair,  spyguy was just using a phrase - albeit a crude one and not everyone follows every type of news. I had absolutely no idea about the subject that made it in poor(er) taste. Honestly I actively avoid that sort of news because it's very depressing.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, wish I could afford one said:

The market can remain irrational far longer than you can stay solvent.

Disclosure:  I'm a buy hold and rebalance when a rebalancing band is hit kinda guy

Tbh so am I. But the Stella gains and bubbly prices certainly make the trigger finger itchy.

HOLA4420

U.K. Seeks to Calm Investors After May’s Brexit Speech

The U.K. government is drawing up plans to try to reassure investors amid expectations that Prime Minister Theresa May’s long-awaited blueprint for Brexit will cause more market turmoil, according to two people familiar with the situation, Bloomberg News reports.  Bloomberg

:D

Edited by rollover

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 hour ago, ChewingGrass said:

The resurgence of the Potato, shove your rice, cous cous and quinoa the potato built an empire and will rise again as the carb of choice for the 99%.

Yep, I`ve changed my mind, I`ll plant potatoes this year and hope to have enough left over for next year too.

Has anyone seen what`s happening in Mexico ?

HOLA4423

Currently in NZ and not enjoying trips to the supermarket here. It's expensive enough for locals, but insane for us spending £s. I don't go anywhere near bars here. Had a pint of ordinary cider in Auckland before and it was almost £9.

Despite having left the UK, I am mostly paid in £s, so Brexit is having quite an impact on me. Luckily I exchanged (as a hedge) quite a considerable amount of £ to USD back when it was $1.67:£1.00, so visiting countries that use the USD won't be too bad.

If GBPUSD reaches parity, I'll be buying back all those £s.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425