House Price Crash Forum

Apparently I Am An Arslab Or Vulture

HOLA441
This little trick is used to distance themselves from their decision. They didn't want to be part of the game, they were forced. Once again it means they can pretend it wasn't them.

I've noticed a similar trend amongst recent BTL 'victims'- they never purchased a BTL, they were always 'sold' a BTL.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
My comment probably won't get published:

Better to be a vulture than a sheep!

Following the heard into buy to let and then bleating when the bubble bursts. Time to learn the power of independent thought Rosie!

Baa! :lol:

herd.

HOLA443
Guest pioneer31
"My friend Jonny Maitland, from Tonight on ITV, has a better name: he calls them Arslabs, or Already Renting, Sold, Looking for a Bargain. The Arslabs are people who have flogged their houses, got into rented accommodation and are now looking for a fantastic deal. And, at the moment, the housing market seems to belong to them."

Does she mean STR's?

The housing market "seems to belong to them"?

What a surprise. Someone should tell Bruno.

THE STR'S STRATEGY IS SERIOUSLY FLAWED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUtaXWEAGeY

I'm guessing that Bruno isn't a sound engineer by trade.

HOLA444
I've noticed a similar trend amongst recent BTL 'victims'- they never purchased a BTL, they were always 'sold' a BTL.

Good observation! You're right, BTLer's are always doing that.

Anyone get the feeling that the "BTL or MEW Brigades" are gonna really kick up a stink as they see things going sour?

They're used to the jet set lifestyle, and its a long way down for them.

Reminds me of that Pro-Fox Hunting protest in parliament square, where protesters threw Champagne Bottles at police. That's a posh uprising if ever I saw one! The miners could only afford Brown Ale!

Wonder how the BTL and MEWers will protest?

Edited by Khayl

HOLA445
Good post.

They will hang on, desperately hoping for a bounceback, until it is too late

It is true. We sold to rent in July 2006. House went up for sale at mid (out of three) ea price. £269995 stamp duty paid. Got only one offer which was low, but we took it at £245,000. Even then it took til August for it to go through because of awkward solicitors (who knows which one was right and who was wrong). If we could accept that almost two years ago, how greedy are these barstewards!!!! :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447
there nothing like a really really ofside postion to make you paranoid.... these people are going to be stuck inside of their very expensive boxes for the plus side of 10 years. blaming the government the rockerfellas the illuminati..... the banks the traders the salesmen the brokers their wives their family the newspapers.... us....

anyone but them.....

I thought Millard was vutually bankrupt and couldnt make ends meet?

Shes gonna loose it all it would seem if she cant reMEW.

HOLA448

Vultures are great birds, they usually have no head feathers so they can get into the guts of dead things without getting messy.

Maybe some on here would love to get into the guts of the now dead housing market without getting all bloody. Quite appropriate I think.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Griptool, I think your valuation is about right. This sort of home is what I'd expect someone on a £100k to be able to buy with a biggest deposit and a mortgage of say £350k. Now such a person is actually pretty rich, the fact that they can't afford it because it is £1.2m is clearly daft.

as u say... 1.2m in a deposit account at 6% would get u £70k-odd p.a... need never work again!

HOLA4412
Well it wasn't me - I posted a reply (which was not abusive in any way), expressing my puzzlement at her opening sentence, given that she was one of the primary property rampers over the last 5 years. Strangely, whoever moderates the replies decided that my voice must be slienced! Perhaps my reference to the Ministry of Truth put them off. :rolleyes:

Mine didn;t get published either. Something along the lines of 1.2M you must be joking, try 750K, and a comment about most people wanting prices to fall, not just "ARSLABs". never mind, those that did get published aren't bad!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
So it appears her friend "Jonny" Maitland has a portfolio,then.

From ITV no less. I suppose Brad and George were too busy to comment.

I'm no property expert, but judging by the comments at the end of the piece I'm guessing 'Arslabs' isn't going to catch on in a big way anytime soon.

HOLA4418
http://www.brunopow.150m.com/website/

I'm going to hazard a guess that he's in web design!! :blink:

This website is what I imagine hell is like.

I think Bruno may have just finished designing the G.A.Y. nightclub website before he moved on to work on this beauty. Does Bruno work in fashion by day?

Bruno's previous project

Edited by Brightwell

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Griptool, I think your valuation is about right. This sort of home is what I'd expect someone on a £100k to be able to buy with a biggest deposit and a mortgage of say £350k. Now such a person is actually pretty rich, the fact that they can't afford it because it is £1.2m is clearly daft.

Gut feel says this house today is only worth £850k tops. But long term should only be £500k.

People have become totally detached from reality when it comes to house prices, every house price should by law come with the appropriate salary ratio attached.

£350,000 (To afford this house you need a salary of £100,000)

£210,000 (To afford this house you need a salary of £60,000)

HOLA4421
Today's vulture will be tomorrow's knight in shining armour ;).

The problem for the hard pressed vendors is that tomorrow's knight in shining armour will offer less than today's vulture, c'est la guerre.

That is what I was thinking. Why apply a derisory name to those that will breathe some life into the housing market?

Regards,

Q

HOLA4422
People have become totally detached from reality when it comes to house prices, every house price should by law come with the appropriate salary ratio attached.

£350,000 (To afford this house you need a salary of £100,000)

£210,000 (To afford this house you need a salary of £60,000)

Bit pointless if you're paying cash.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Judy and Gerald Haycock have had a procession of Arslabs looking around their house,

The correct term for a group of Arslabs is a re-procession :lol:

On a slightly different point: I wonder what vibes they're emitting as they shows potential buyers around their house, given that they see them as 'arslabs'. In reality the sellers have turned from being predators, to being prey; and unsurprisingly they don't like it!