House Price Crash Forum

A Little Word Of Thanks

HOLA441

Hello all.

Just thought it would be nice to say thanks to all regular posters on here who continue to supply discussion and info regarding the housing market.

I've been on here nearly a year now and learned a damn sight more on the financial system than I ever could through and text books or papers. Living in Newcastle, the Land Registry shows Newcastle only 4% higher than when I joined, more than the interest rate needed to purchase a property. Best of all, nearly all of my region is now on MoM falls.

I still believe its going to take another 12 months for the nation to be on regular month on month falls and 5 years till it collapses entirely. But I'm in no rush.

So all I wanted to say is thanks to all the mods and regulars who make this site what it is. Also thanks to the bulls for mixing things up a bit when things get dull.

Realistbear, DrBubb, MarkG, laurejon, Ozzmosis, the tramp, wrongmove, etc etc, THANKS!!

Thats all!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Chriso

HOLA442
Guest Bart of Darkness
I've been on here nearly a year now and learned a damn sight more on the financial system than I ever could through and text books or papers.

Me too. And thanks to all those who've answered my queries on the HPC financial forums.

HOLA443
Hello all.

Just thought it would be nice to say thanks to all regular posters on here who continue to supply discussion and info regarding the housing market.

I've been on here nearly a year now and learned a damn sight more on the financial system than I ever could through and text books or papers. Living in Newcastle, the Land Registry shows Newcastle only 4% higher than when I joined, more than the interest rate needed to purchase a property. Best of all, nearly all of my region is now on MoM falls.

I still believe its going to take another 12 months for the nation to be on regular month on month falls and 5 years till it collapses entirely. But I'm in no rush.

So all I wanted to say is thanks to all the mods and regulars who make this site what it is. Also thanks to the bulls for mixing things up a bit when things get dull.

Realistbear, DrBubb, MarkG, laurejon, Ozzmosis, the tramp, wrongmove, etc etc, THANKS!!

I live in the Toon too and this site has been a very valuable source of information and indirect advice. Thanks guys!

HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest portwinestain

Yes, thanks to all!

I've been here since 2005. The rungs were pretty hefty at the time for Scotland. For me it was good to find this site as I've stayed put in our flat although it was a good time buy in Scotland in 2005 to make a profit. I went back to college and had a kid and decided it would be around 2009 before I saw anything significant happening in the market - mainstream that is.

I'm hopefully going to sell now and find a rented place.

Keep up the good work folks. I would rather read this than the papers. Although I do read the Mail on Sunday. :ph34r:

HOLA446
ditto... posts have helped a lot, looking for bargains, negotiating price down, fixing IRs, understanding money supply...

Ya see, this and moose's sig could be seen as pretty smug! Since I am getting stick for my ********* ***** *** on the other thread.

:)

No offence moosie!

p.s. I want to add my thanks to fellow posters also.

Edited by tara747

HOLA447
HOLA448

toon here as well, and while we don't have prices like the rest of the country and i could afford to get something i just can't bear to buy at the top of the market. so thanks for keeping me renting. ;)

HOLA449

I too have learned alot. Particularly about EA's and the various VI's.

Sold mid 2006, because of location necessities, decided to rent. Now acutely aware of my local market. Second consecutive MoM fall in my immediate area. Locality, East Yorks, very sluggish.

Personally believe a correction is coming, and further more, I believe it's a bloody priority for the nation in general.

HOLA4410

I'd like to say thanks too for all the debate, useful info, wit and entertainment.

I'm much more knowlegable about global economics now, thanks to this site.

And my STR/buy abroad/emigrate plans are going swimmingly (the BBC are interested in showing my story in the new 'Sell or Buy' series due out in the autumn - I might even get an all-expenses paid trip to hunt for property in Calabria!)

HOLA4411

Thanks to all, and a special thanks to those that really do have knowledge of finance etc. (or seem to!) and are prepared to offer their advice completely free of charge and expect nothing in return.

HOLA4412
Hello all.

Me too, i know what a bear and a bull are now. :rolleyes: ....seriously!!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Like that conductor bloke, when I stumbled across this site I knew f*** nothing. Hah! Now I know f*** all!

But I thought it was still illegal to buy gold, FFS! Thankyou, bugs, I found a man with a beard who has a shop full of sovs. which he is willing to exchange for those papery drinking-voucher things. Who laughs last remains to be seen, of course....

And finding out about MBS/CLO/CDO's, carry-trade, HPI used to prop up a bogus ("Potemkin", nice one CTT) economy &c ... :ph34r: But at least I can stop blaming myself for not being in on the "miracle" part, being pathologically averse to borrowing and having entertained a fair amount of stick, from those gifted with more smarty-brains, as a result.

Edited by Wario

HOLA4416
And finding out about CDO's, carry-trade, HPI used to prop up a bogus ("Potemkin", nice one CTT) economy &c ... :ph34r: But at least I can stop blaming myself for not being in on the "miracle" part, being pathologically averse to borrowing and having entertained a fair amount of stick, from those gifted with more smarty-brains, as a result.

Yes I agree and thanks a lot for helping an old *twit.* HPC is an informative and addictive read.

Also is it possible to be a bear/bull or (a beall?). I'm a short term bear (houses currently massively over priced) but a bull in the long run (propertee always goes over 30-40 years). However as Keynes once said, "in the long run we are all dead."

Also would like to thank alex**** for that freaky image sig of his. Weird!

HOLA4417
Yes I agree and thanks a lot for helping an old *twit.* HPC is an informative and addictive read.

Also is it possible to be a bear/bull or (a beall?). I'm a short term bear (houses currently massively over priced) but a bull in the long run (propertee always goes over 30-40 years). However as Keynes once said, "in the long run we are all dead."

Also would like to thank alex**** for that freaky image sig of his. Weird!

I prefer his avatar pic personally. :P

Yeah, great forum (site main needs some love but the news blog is useful) - I wish it would stop distracting me from my work though!

And well, I expect few of us would argue against your bear/bull position.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Yep thanks to all........everyone contributes to make this site collectively great.........down side is the blatant bragging of wealth some have on here and continue to moan about situation...before market went tits up i was frugal, but still worried about meeting all bills and xmas gifts for coming year....but i thought that was normal for the working class element.

Some folk (not all) could do with a reality overhaul.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Having sold to rent last year for relocation purposes, this site is like my conscience - comforting me in time of despair and helping me realise that we're at the top of the market where only fools buy.

I'm now renting, earning interest on my equity and believe it or not, realising what the actual important things in life are. No more worrying about when I'm going to paint the living room, or replace the bathroom suite. The time and money I'm saving on DIY is great - seen more of the local sights, holidays, eating out regularly, and spending that all important quality time with the family

It's great - thanks HPC.co.uk

HOLA4424
Having sold to rent last year for relocation purposes, this site is like my conscience - comforting me in time of despair and helping me realise that we're at the top of the market where only fools buy.

I'm now renting, earning interest on my equity and believe it or not, realising what the actual important things in life are. No more worrying about when I'm going to paint the living room, or replace the bathroom suite. The time and money I'm saving on DIY is great - seen more of the local sights, holidays, eating out regularly, and spending that all important quality time with the family

It's great - thanks HPC.co.uk

Freedom to do what you want to do, is worth far more than bricks and mortar. ;)

HOLA4425
I'd like to say thanks too for all the debate, useful info, wit and entertainment.

I'm much more knowlegable about global economics now, thanks to this site.

And my STR/buy abroad/emigrate plans are going swimmingly (the BBC are interested in showing my story in the new 'Sell or Buy' series due out in the autumn - I might even get an all-expenses paid trip to hunt for property in Calabria!)

I second that, the quality of debate, information and wit is exceptional.