HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
2 minutes ago, Stewy said:

Patience...it's on its way. Tick tock... ✓

Of course!

As I’ve said before, from a selfish viewpoint, my bond holdings value will rocket on a cut. Just don’t think any definition of the word ‘imminent’ you’ve used for the last 6-8 months adequately describes when.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
25 minutes ago, msi said:

Say something moronic and I'll oblige....

"The fiscal and monetary policy mix is adequately restrictive and should remain so until inflation returns durably to target," the OECD's economic outlook for 2024 said.

Well, since inflation will be close to 2% at the next report, we can expect rate cuts this summer!!!

👍🍷🍷✔️✔️✔️

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Stewy said:

Patience...it's on its way. Tick tock... ✓

Long time dead.........nobody should want to see desperate measures again unless will  profit from desperate times, some do and always will do.;)

HOLA4411

State-suppressed interest rates were like a crazy chick with big boobs for people who took out debt. She'll let you shag her any time, any way, anywhere. You think you're in love. The good times will last forever.

Then, one day, she ghosts you. You call and call, certain she'll come back. The new reality of girls who won't just do what you want is not acceptable. That spark is not there. I have to work to service my debt? I can't just get a loan for a new truck? My ex would just give me blow jobs, why can't you?

Eventually, you get used to the new normal, but the wild times you experienced will always leave you jaded.

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, Maghull Mike said:

"One of the world's leading economic authorities has warned the UK that borrowing should remain expensive until the rate of price rises eases further and stays there. Interest rates, which are at a post-2008-era high of 5.25%, should stay there, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)."

So the OECD are effectively saying that businesses would prefer high interest rates to high inflation, giving their approval for BOE to hold rates for as long as they want.

HOLA4413
17 minutes ago, Timm said:

👍🍷🍷✔️✔️✔️

🌱

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, fellow said:

"One of the world's leading economic authorities has warned the UK that borrowing should remain expensive until the rate of price rises eases further and stays there. Interest rates, which are at a post-2008-era high of 5.25%, should stay there, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)."

So the OECD are effectively saying that businesses would prefer high interest rates to high inflation, giving their approval for BOE to hold rates for as long as they want.

That implies cutting rates yesterday. 

🌱 

HOLA4415

Interest rates at 5.25/5.5% are far too low to have much effect i'm afraid. The media however is doing a fine job in convincing people that they're high.

When US inflation continues to accelerate over the coming months, at what point do the fed act by putting rates up again? Does inflation have to get to 10% for them to act with a puny 0.25% raise? I only refer to the fed here because we all know that Bailey and gang are incapable of making their own decision. Luckily for Bailey though, he has a bunch of doves at the federal reserve.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, Stewy said:

That implies cutting rates yesterday. 

🌱

No it doesn't. It implies CPI needs to fall below 2% for several months before the BOE should consider cutting rates.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
5 minutes ago, Blobsy said:

Sorry Stewy, my ‘Diddums’ box has run dry. I do have a ‘Hopes and Prayers’ left for you though.

Stewy will never be satisfied, has everything, says has everything, living the life, but still wants more and doesn't care who takes it from......;)

HOLA4421
7 minutes ago, winkie said:

Stewy will never be satisfied, has everything, says has everything, living the life, but still wants more and doesn't care who takes it from......;)

You would think Stewy would want high IR's just for his savings from his 200k per year job. Stewy also being mortgage free I can't see why he seems so desperate to convince people that IR's are going to drop ASAP.

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, Debt Slaves said:

You would think Stewy would want high IR's just for his savings from his 200k per year job. Stewy also being mortgage free I can't see why he seems so desperate to convince people that IR's are going to drop ASAP.

I don't argue from a V.I. 

I know that's difficult to understand here though...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
5 hours ago, Sackboii said:

Of course!

As I’ve said before, from a selfish viewpoint, my bond holdings value will rocket on a cut. Just don’t think any definition of the word ‘imminent’ you’ve used for the last 6-8 months adequately describes when.

Smart! Done the same. CGT free too. Need to find the ones with the highest modified duration while taking a bit of a hit on longer dated stuff since we don't know exactly when it'll happen.