• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
13 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Yes, totally agree.

Though there will be jingoism with this to keep the Daily Mail readership on side.

Always the DM needs to hide from the curent Tory debacles so it will be this or claiming Starmer is The Child Snatcher

HOLA444
17 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Do we have the manpower, assets and ordinance to prosecute even a limited war here?

If so I assume our aid for Ukraine is at an end now.

image.png.0d2c2de0d8fcfeb50d0b0fe96f6594a0.png

HOLA445
16 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Do we have the manpower, assets and ordinance to prosecute even a limited war here?

Yes and no the aid was increased just today.

Ukraine doesn't use our navy and doesn't have one

Most of our air launched systems are not compatible with Ukrainian platforms so no shortage

Again everyone is getting way ahead of themselves

HOLA446
HOLA447
2 hours ago, 17clarence said:

I thought the UK had spent the last 50 years flogging military equipment to the Saudis, who back the Yemen government.

Why hasn’t Saudi bombed the Houthis?

Because Iran wants them to so can claim peace deal is sham, they are Israel and West's puppet, etc...

Iran using its proxies to frame ME narrative

HOLA448
HOLA449
5 minutes ago, spxy said:

Yep lets kill some women and babies so our crappy mass market throw away goods can get here a little more quickly

That isn't what is happening that is stupid to say unless the missile launch and command sites are deliberately using those groups as human shields.

Also if diversion continues world inflation of goods would hit billions of women and babies around the world killing far more but by all means chuck out daft opinions

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

That isn't what is happening that is stupid to say unless the missile launch and command sites are deliberately using those groups as human shields.

Also if diversion continues world inflation of goods would hit billions of women and babies around the world killing far more but by all means chuck out daft opinions

Yep innocents are never killed in war, you do realise the insurgents are supporting Palestine, tell me women and children are not being killed there? right

HOLA4413
31 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Your username gave me an idea 

we in civilised world have two problems

1. migrant young men from religions and cultures that hate us but come here by the dinghi for economic reasons as their countries are corrupt failed shitholes

2. need to defend civilised world from barbarians from Russia thru Middle East to Africa from said corrupt failed shitholes who want to drag us in civilised world down 

roman solution:

Send em to edges of civilised world for a decade to fight for and earn their citizenship and keep the barbarian hordes away

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, spxy said:

Yep innocents are never killed in war, you do realise the insurgents are supporting Palestine, tell me women and children are not being killed there? right

Perhaps the Chinese and Saudis and Egypt can step up and defend the ships that are used to bring their tat and oil 

As i said elsewhere the result will be a further wake up call to disconnect from China and Middle East and let them rot

Edited by yelims

HOLA4416
19 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Yes and no the aid was increased just today.

Ukraine doesn't use our navy and doesn't have one

Most of our air launched systems are not compatible with Ukrainian platforms so no shortage

Again everyone is getting way ahead of themselves

I am aware that the Ukraine is mainly land based. I was pretty much referring to air assets/manpower and air ordinance.

Wouldnt the Storm Shadow missile system be ideal here?..we have sent these to Ukraine and they have used them to great effect I believe.

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, yelims said:

Your username gave me an idea 

roman solution:

Send em to edges of civilised world for a decade to fight for and earn their citizenship and keep the barbarian hordes away

Might have worked back in those days but I doubt that this country could stomach the Tick Tock/YouTube vids of a mercenary rabble running amok wearing the Kings uniform.

As I posted in the China forum wrt the aircraft carrier, it takes more than just one platform.

Having an effective military takes years of experience...generations. When the shooting starts, your soldiers need self discipline and when that runs out, they need the weight of tradition and honour to keep them going. The regiments of local "Pals" in WW1 was not a mistake. If you are a coward in battle, you not only bring disgrace on yourself but on your family and friends, let alone the regiment. Hence you can never go home.

Also, in most effective armed forces, the troops are more scared of their superiors than they are of the enemy. 'Twas ever the way even in Roman times.

Anyhow...we will not have boots on the ground. This will be another arcade game war if it even goes on that long.

The best thing to do with these boat men...and they are mostly men, is to send them on a slow boat to West Falkland where they can stay at their leisure (with full medical and leisure facilities) until they remember who they are, and where they come from. Shouldnt take long! We could then process their application there and return them to UK or repatriate to their home country.

HOLA4418
17 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

I am aware that the Ukraine is mainly land based. I was pretty much referring to air assets/manpower and air ordinance.

Wouldnt the Storm Shadow missile system be ideal here?..we have sent these to Ukraine and they have used them to great effect I believe.

We have other assets that do the same job and the Storm Shadow is not used by any carrier based aircraft in the RAF / RN FAA.

Flying a Typhoon all that way from bases in region requires first their approval + greater risk than a naval launched missile.

US using carrier based attacks with its own kit.

So in short no - completely different systems in use and none of the manpower needed for Ukr training either

HOLA4419
5 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Might have worked back in those days but I doubt that this country could stomach the Tick Tock/YouTube vids of a mercenary rabble running amok wearing the Kings uniform.

As I posted in the China forum wrt the aircraft carrier, it takes more than just one platform.

Having an effective military takes years of experience...generations. When the shooting starts, your soldiers need self discipline and when that runs out, they need the weight of tradition and honour to keep them going. The regiments of local "Pals" in WW1 was not a mistake. If you are a coward in battle, you not only bring disgrace on yourself but on your family and friends, let alone the regiment. Hence you can never go home.

Also, in most effective armed forces, the troops are more scared of their superiors than they are of the enemy. 'Twas ever the way even in Roman times.

Anyhow...we will not have boots on the ground. This will be another arcade game war if it even goes on that long.

The best thing to do with these boat men...and they are mostly men, is to send them on a slow boat to West Falkland where they can stay at their leisure (with full medical and leisure facilities) until they remember who they are, and where they come from. Shouldnt take long! We could then process their application there and return them to UK or repatriate to their home country.

The tic toc twatterati can be countered by asking if they want to adopt one or two of these young male migrants in their own home, provide economically for them, and be held legally liable if they commit a crime as a guardian or dissapear from the “adopt a migrant” program 🤣

HOLA4420

Listening to talk radio this morning, there is absolutely no public appetite for this military action. Rishi Sunak should just redirect any British ships around Africa and stay out of it. But no, Sunak feels the need to defend global capitalism/Israeli/US interests, as is his nature (ex green card holder/ex hedge fund manager). Smh.

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, Postman said:

Listening to talk radio this morning, there is absolutely no public appetite for this military action. Rishi Sunak should just redirect any British ships around Africa and stay out of it. But no, Sunak feels the need to defend global capitalism/Israeli/US interests, as is his nature (ex green card holder/ex hedge fund manager). Smh.

I support it in order to reopen trade routes. Sand-throwing terrorists should not be able to close them. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Yes, totally agree.

Though there will be jingoism with this to keep the Daily Mail readership on side.

Same throbbing temple simpletons that drool BlAiR wAr CrImInAL are the same one Flag sh*gging soon as its 'patriotic'.

HOLA4423
5 minutes ago, yelims said:

Simple, don’t watch them.  Ignore anyone who witters on having doom scrolled this stuff.  Jettison them if necessary, they add no value.

Brief fact checked daily bulletins are enough for people with things to do.

HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, yelims said:

The tic toc twatterati can be countered by asking if they want to adopt one or two of these young male migrants in their own home, provide economically for them, and be held legally liable if they commit a crime as a guardian or dissapear from the “adopt a migrant” program 🤣

Quite risky for gobshites like Gary Linekar. His love of the boats, plus his taxpayer funded millions, means he'll need to house and take responsibility for hundreds of them.

HOLA4425
8 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

When the shooting starts, your soldiers need self discipline and when that runs out, they need the weight of tradition and honour to keep them going. The regiments of local "Pals" in WW1 was not a mistake. If you are a coward in battle, you not only bring disgrace on yourself but on your family and friends, let alone the regiment. Hence you can never go home.

You never served in the military did you?

This is complete nonsense - tradition and regimental honour is not somethingb entering people's minds 'when the shooting starts'.

This entire paragraph is just meaningless stuff that sounds like a puff piece for 16 year olds.

Battle honours are for parades because we don't walk around with colours since the Zulu War.

County regts have been amalgamated and broken up for last few decades because this is nonsense and defence cuts made them 1 battalion regts. 

The pals era was a way of getting mass call-ups by pressure to join

Your whole post is just daft