House Price Crash Forum

100k people have officially arrived today on a rubber dinghy our local hoteliers making a nice profit luckily

HOLA441
28 minutes ago, Insane said:

If this Government is hated that much why won't people just vote Labour and get them out? Why has it got to be a tactical vote? Are you saying people hate Labour as much but will vote for them tactically but not because they want to only to see the back of the Tories? 

Depends where you live to who you should vote for if want this administration out, might want more of the same or fear something different?.....all students should register to vote in the place they are living at the time of election, home or away, and everyone should make sure they have the right photo ID to take with them to vote or see have got a voter authority certificate......lots of steps and actions to take for your right to vote.....fail to plan, plan to fail.......nobody likes disappointment.;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 hour ago, Insane said:

Why do you ask? 

You have a bit of an obsession with this. You mention a host of Black MP's denying that they are Racist but when it has been pointed out to you that they have all made Racists comments after trying to wriggle out of that fact and accuse me of wanting them to be Racist you now go on to ask me to name any others. Why? 

I mention a random 'host' of prominent black Labour MPs. You tell me they are all racist and they make racist comments. It is a crazy sounding claim - to put it very politely. I therefore wonder how far the craziness stretches.  To try to better understand what is going on here  I ask  you which other black MPs you would insist are racist. Surely it can't coincidentally be just the randoms I mentioned ?

But you haven't answered. Maybe a good thing ! So in your head it is only prominent black labour MPs, who are always making 'racist' comments  ? 

The evidence you've provided so far is questionable to say the least, but thats not to say there might be something else we've all missed. Or on the other hand Occams razor would suggest that there is simply some fetid corner of the internet where any black MP who has a voice habitually gets ripped apart by batsh1ts.

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, pig said:

I mention a random 'host' of prominent black Labour MPs. You tell me they are all racist and they make racist comments.

No you listed a group of Black Labour MP's asking me if they were Racist? I replied that they have all made Racist comments. Quite simple. 

3 minutes ago, pig said:

It is a crazy sounding claim - to put it very politely. I therefore wonder how far the craziness stretches.  To try to better understand what is going on here  I ask  you which other black MPs you would insist are racist. Surely it can't coincidentally be just the randoms I mentioned ?

Are you Denying that the list you gave have not made Racist statements. 

4 minutes ago, pig said:

But you haven't answered. Maybe a good thing ! So in your head it is only prominent black labour MPs, who are always making 'racist' comments  ? 

No it was the ones you mentioned they have all made Racist Comments. Again this is all so simple. 

5 minutes ago, pig said:

The evidence you've provided so far is questionable to say the least,

What evidence is questionable ? Are you again denying that these people have made Racist comments.

6 minutes ago, pig said:

but thats not to say there might be something else we've all missed. Or on the other hand Occams razor would suggest that there is simply some fetid corner of the internet where any black MP who has a voice habitually gets ripped apart by batsh1ts.

Bin it means nothing just mumble jumble. 

HOLA445
8 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

I don't see parties, I see individuals and Blair, Brown, Cameron, May, BJ, Truss and Sunak are a succession of the worst PMs ever!

These are not Tories!

There is an establishment that runs this country, regardless of the political party "in charge".  You're clinging onto some vague hope that a "decent person" will eventually become PM and everything will become better.  That will never happen.  The establishment serve themselves. 

HOLA446
9 hours ago, pig said:

There are many good points here, at least in principle. And yes its possible to make distinction between 'racism' 'xenophobia' and 'concern over immigration'.  I think its a good idea to allow enough space for people to discuss concerns, and in a way the beauty of a forum like this is that you can see peoples comments in context of their other comments and build up an idea of where they are actually coming from. If a poster habitually maligns refugees then its ok to call them xenophobic. On the other hand if the poster is concerned about how best for us to do our fair share helping refugees when the government has screwed up public infrastructure  and governance for everybody then that is a fair point and worth discussing.

Again, thanks for seeing the nuance in the argument. I don't know a single person who is "anti-immigration" or "anti-immigrant".  I've met plenty who are worried about unlimited immigration causing problems with infrastructure and the cohesiveness of society, particularly if they live in a hotspot where now are faced with a huge rise in the number of immigrants (e.g. they live near an asylum hotel, or a town like Northampton that saw a huge rise in eastern Europeans from early 2010s onwards).  These are absolutely legitimate concerns.  If such views get shut down with accusations of racism, then that achieves precisely nothing.  It doesn't change the mind of the person, they just don't bother to engage in such a "debate" because the other person has signaled they don't even want to hear their opinion. 

I think if I could name a single key issue, it would simply be : how many asylum seekers per year would the UK allow? How many immigrants? What are the upper limits for any given year? The wishy-washy promises made by David Cameron many years ago aren't what I would call targets.  I'm talking about quotas that don't get breached no matter what - in the name of preserving infrastructure, job security in the UK, law and order, and cohesiveness of society. At least then the UK people know what they are dealing with on a year-to-year basis.  Then: attract the people the UK need the most.  Again, it's not anything new.  Australia do this with a points system.  They also discourage chancers/opportunists (not genuine asylum seekers) from trying to get their by boat.  They dare to even make the distinction.  The UK makes no distinction.  If you're picked up by the RNLI from a dinghy, it doesn't matter if you left a job in peaceful Tirana or fleeing an actual war in Africa/Middle East, you're both assumed to be asylum seekers.  Having no quota and everything open-ended is chaotic, and the UK have been seeing the effects of that for years now. It makes sense to have a quota, just like any human gathering will have in order to plan infrastructure for said gathering. 

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA447
15 hours ago, Insane said:

If this Government is hated that much why won't people just vote Labour and get them out? Why has it got to be a tactical vote? Are you saying people hate Labour as much but will vote for them tactically but not because they want to only to see the back of the Tories? 

According to Sky News, if there were to be a general election tomorrow, Labour would win with a majority of 300 seats, so it's predicted that people will just vote Labour.

Personally, seeing as my number one priority is to get this dreadful government out, I'll play it safe and vote tactically against the incumbent "Tory" in my constituency.

HOLA448

Hope you are all enjoying our indian summer which shows calm seas for next 4-6 weeks the people smugglers in France have put in their biggest order of rubber dinghies on alibaba the Chinese equivalent of amazon.

This site gives you some useful info of how many come over every day and where they are from.  Good to see the Albanians have given up this year maybe need to employ same tactics for other countries.  UI expect Sept and Oct to be a record for crossings, may even get a few land at Bournemouth beach.  Right I am off for a swim.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
55 minutes ago, Insane said:

Yes the barge was a distraction only a tiny percent of boat people will end up on one. The rest will be in Hotel's and or jumping over Brits for social houses. 

Thanks to the crass incompetence of Sunak and his government. 

Announce a three word slogan, make it a hill to die on, then fail to deliver :lol:

Labour could win a 400 seat majority at this rate :D.

Personally I'd prefer a hung parliament with Starmer in the driving seat, but anything would be better than the current jokers.

ap22297291762322_wide-4e16a6f3149f460a9a

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4413
28 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

They are very incompetent. 

28 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Announce a three word slogan, make it a hill to die on, then fail to deliver

I don't think it was even his slogan. I have been watching the boats issue for a long while there have been people demonstrating outside hotels using this slogan for a long time. Maybe look up Yorkshire Rose on youtube she has had stop the boats banners way before Sunak used the slogan.

30 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Labour could win a 400 seat majority at this rate 

You said 300 yesterday Bruce don't get to excited we all know Labour have a habit of fking things up at election time. 

31 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Personally I'd prefer a hung parliament with Starmer in the driving seat, but anything would be better than the current jokers.

Hung parliament or Labour win Starmer won't be the PM for long Labour will kick him out and put someone more left in his place. 

But while he is PM what do you think his slogan for the boat people would be my guess is something like FLY THEM IN. Did you see he promoted Shabana Mahmood to his shadow cabinet yesterday. She has been involved with trying to stop criminals being deported from the UK, it speaks volumes of how Labour will behave if they get into number 10.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Announce a three word slogan, make it a hill to die on, then fail to deliver :lol:

Labour could win a 400 seat majority at this rate :D.

ap22297291762322_wide-4e16a6f3149f460a9a

3 white people in that picture, 'nuff said..........

The numbers are never coming down, whether it's this shower or Labour.

Edited by burk

HOLA4415

Oh great the govt is rushing through asylum cases to get the people out of hotels - result they are now converted into British people sleeping rough. Totally predictable

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/09/06/asylum-seekers-hotel-exit-time-cut-seven-days/

“Charities including the Refugee Council, Red Cross and Shelter say it is driving people granted asylum in the UK into “destitution and homelessness” because they do not have time to find a home or job, open a bank account or apply for welfare benefits

ifirc in the early noughties the back log of asylum cases and homelessness got so bad (under labour then) people were stowing away on lorries to go back to the continent. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 03/09/2023 at 22:05, Insane said:

No you listed a group of Black Labour MP's asking me if they were Racist? I replied that they have all made Racist comments. Quite simple. 

Are you Denying that the list you gave have not made Racist statements. 

No it was the ones you mentioned they have all made Racist Comments. Again this is all so simple. 

What evidence is questionable ? Are you again denying that these people have made Racist comments.

Bin it means nothing just mumble jumble. 

Quite astonishing really:  I never had you down as some sort of hysterical woke extremist but apparently you are when it comes to Black MPs :)

HOLA4419
3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Sunak has just said in PMQs that small boat crossings are down. Was he talking about a particular day? Or was he lying?

He might have a bigger problem in that people are not listening to him anymore. Article pointing out the similarities with the Major years - and in that case  "No matter that Major was a decent man and Kenneth Clarke an impressive chancellor, the public had seen enough."

https://www.ft.com/content/44297c49-b3fe-4305-ad47-ab8b6e7b9da3

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Just watched some local news where they were reporting about recent crossings, plus some quite violent stick wielding boat people on a (French) beach too.

Local 'refugees are welcome here' NPC hippy was banging on about how they're fleeing war (in France?), and want to compkete the journey, and something about how violent and military the French rozzers look. I guess that's why we need to "Rejoin", or at least quit complaining, and let them come here without the effort of a dinghy now 🙄

You had to be there in order to fully experience the liberal syrup, but I paraphrase it here as a continued warning never to bend the knee to these types.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4423

7000 a day arrive in Lampedusa 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/09/13/nearly-7000-people-arrive-at-italian-island-in-less-than-24-hours

what is the response of their EU brothers and sisters?

well Germany refuses to take any, even though it signed an agreement to do so

https://amp.dw.com/en/germany-suspends-migrant-intake-from-italy/a-66802523

France increases border controls to keep them in Italy

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/wireStory/flotilla-migrant-boats-tunisia-overwhelms-italian-island-tests-103156407

Starmer needs to be careful dealing with these states who are fighting like ferrets in bag to avoid taking migrants .

I say agree to take in a share on an exchange for channel crossers - one at a time.

HOLA4424
28 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

7000 a day arrive in Lampedusa 

https://www.euronews.com/2023/09/13/nearly-7000-people-arrive-at-italian-island-in-less-than-24-hours

what is the response of their EU brothers and sisters?

well Germany refuses to take any, even though it signed an agreement to do so

https://amp.dw.com/en/germany-suspends-migrant-intake-from-italy/a-66802523

France increases border controls to keep them in Italy

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Business/wireStory/flotilla-migrant-boats-tunisia-overwhelms-italian-island-tests-103156407

Starmer needs to be careful dealing with these states who are fighting like ferrets in bag to avoid taking migrants .

I say agree to take in a share on an exchange for channel crossers - one at a time.

That's italy whose population is so pleased with the issue they elected a far right party to power?

Germany where the AfD polling is increasing monthly and might get in and France where it's seemingly the election system keeping the far right out (for how long?)

Will end in tears unless there is actual coordinated reform. I.e. stop stupid game of pretending the rules set up in the 50s are relevant to today.

Screenshot_2023-09-14-07-05-24-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Edited by captainb

HOLA4425
3 hours ago, captainb said:

That's italy whose population is so pleased with the issue they elected a far right party to power?

I think Melonai (or whatever her name is) is an EU plant, otherwise they'd have gone after her big time and tried to bring down the gov Liz Tuss style. She's done a big fat 0 to stop the illegals.