House Price Crash Forum

Classic Estate Agent B^^^sh^t

Smith

HOLA441

This is priceless. Terraced house initially listed at £200k and then the estate agent added "Best and final offers to be submitted by 8th March" in bold to the top of the listing. Evidently, no one fell for this, as today it's been reduced to £185k. Just to prove how dim they are, the agent hasn't even removed this from the listing.

Edited by Smith

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Smith said:

This is priceless. Terraced house initially listed at £200k and then the estate agent added "Best and final offers to be submitted by 8th March" in bold to the top of the listing. Evidently, no one fell for this, as today it's been reduced to £185k. Just to prove how did they are, the agent hasn't even removed this from the listing.

:lol:

I spoke to an agent last week who tried to convince me to offer more money on a house me and my wife tried to buy last year, she didnt seem to accept that we were just not interested any more at any price, never mind paying more than last year

They told me other people were interested and we'd miss out, they phoned me.

HOLA444
Just now, TheCountOfNowhere said:

:lol:

I spoke to an agent last week who tried to convince me to offer more money on a house me and my wife tried to buy last year, she didnt seem to accept that we were just not interested any more at any price, never mind paying more than last year

They told me other people were interested and we'd miss out, they phoned me.

Remind you of the delusions of some folk here.... :)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The irony is that a property under £200k will usually be at the agents' minimum commission, so it makes no difference to them if the price is reduced. I assume the desire to push prices upwards is now so entrenched that they don't know how to do anything else, even when it's in their and the seller's best interests.

HOLA448
23 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

The EAs either need low volume/High prices sales or high volume/low price sales to survive.

Survive? Surely they are getting an automatic 10% pay rise like everyone else in the UK? Because ..reasons. 😉

HOLA449
HOLA4410
20 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When do EAs get so much government support, they seem to be able to lie with no comeback.

Reduces it and then increases it again on the same day, so the website writes it has been reduced. Should mail this to Rightmove and report the agent.

HOLA4411
12 minutes ago, cdd said:

Reduces it and then increases it again on the same day, so the website writes it has been reduced. Should mail this to Rightmove and report the agent.

I've sent 1000s of these to rightmove, BBC watchdog and the ASA via twitter/Property Lion

The only response of any kind I have had was twitter forcing me to stop reporting them !!!

One of the reasons Property Lion was set up was to show up these frauds and if PL can catch them so can rightmove, so I must assume they deliberately allow this fraud to continue.

The UK and it's probably "market" is a total and utter f**king disgrace.

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I've sent 1000s of these to rightmove, BBC watchdog and the ASA via twitter/Property Lion

The only response of any kind I have had was twitter forcing me to stop reporting them !!!

One of the reasons Property Lion was set up was to show up these frauds and if PL can catch them so can rightmove, so I must assume they deliberately allow this fraud to continue.

It certainly is. It's a joke.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Smith said:

This is priceless. Terraced house initially listed at £200k and then the estate agent added "Best and final offers to be submitted by 8th March" in bold to the top of the listing. Evidently, no one fell for this, as today it's been reduced to £185k. Just to prove how dim they are, the agent hasn't even removed this from the listing.

Link or screenshot or it didn't happen.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

When do EAs get so much government support, they seem to be able to lie with no comeback.

I really ******ing hate this.

Happening all the time around here.

the other one I really hate price reduced from 500 to 450 ah ok finally lets go round and get that offer in of 400 ish

.... you go on and its 450 - 500 in the text below F Off

So you dont bother viewing as you well know that even if you wanted to pay 450 they are going to ah we want a bit more than that routine.

Say what you want!

HOLA4417

Alas, I just met an agent and viewed a house. He was welcoming a stream of people to the house. 

Discussing the local market he said cheaper areas were quieter as FTBs can't deal with the higher rates but that established wealthy areas have no problem anything up to 2mil as they tend to be cash or small mortgages. 

I know he's lying because there are two unsold places with his agency a 3min walk away and they've been there since Sept 22. But still, this place we saw will go for asking or above within probably 2 weeks I expect. 

We won't be offering :D Just scoping out the area. 

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
28 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Alas, I just met an agent and viewed a house. He was welcoming a stream of people to the house. 

Discussing the local market he said cheaper areas were quieter as FTBs can't deal with the higher rates but that established wealthy areas have no problem anything up to 2mil as they tend to be cash or small mortgages. 

I know he's lying because there are two unsold places with his agency a 3min walk away and they've been there since Sept 22. But still, this place we saw will go for asking or above within probably 2 weeks I expect. 

As were the other viewers?.

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, fellow said:

Link or screenshot or it didn't happen.

Haha, if you think someone would be small-minded enough to make something like that up and post it on a forum then that probably says more about you than me. Please feel free to not believe it, though, if that helps.

Edited to say: or maybe that was supposed to be banter? Hard to know sometimes, on fora, whether people are being serious or not.

Edited by Smith

HOLA4421
37 minutes ago, wighty said:

As were the other viewers?.

No, they were flipping excited and grinning. You could smell the offers on them (one set was measuring the stairs).

We were like 'Yeah ok bye'. 

North-facing garden, no likey, no lighty. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Bizarre as here its the opposite.

As people will like sheep buy whatever they can buy the lower end of the market is still moving but above 450 its a hard sell unless a great place.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 hours ago, msi said:

Tell the EA you won't make a bid until they make a best-and-final

hahahahahaha

People should do this in a downturn. View 5-10 houses with the same estate agent.  Then instuct the Agent you are accepting sealed bid reductions as % of the properties asking price.  

Biggest % drop gets your purchase.....................maybe.  

Oh................and make sure they are all vetted first to confirm they are not on the point of bankruptcy. You need to see six months of every bidders bank statements and and list of all credit card debts, car finance and outstanding loans. 

HOLA4425
8 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Isn't Rightmove partly owner by agents?

I'd expect better from ASA, they should be clamping down hard on this behaviour.