House Price Crash Forum

Banking shares COLLAPSE - Is it happening?

HOLA441
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Just now, jonb2 said:

Christos, the finance system is so bent and fecking up this world so badly.

SVB said to pay out bonuses just before FDIC seizure
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/silicon-valley-bank-paid-bonuses-fdic

Of course it is.

We live in a world where people can post Instagram pictures or kick a ball around or run a failed company and earn more in a day than a skilled professional doing an essential job can earn in a year. 

We need fundamental change to society not exchanging red and blue tied clones every 10 years.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
3 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Indeed i think it is game up, hyperinflation could cause societal collapse..

So could a systemic bank run.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, Timm said:

So could a systemic bank run.

I guess it depends who starts the revolution. Many people make the mistake of thinking its the poor and oppressed, in fact historically, it always been the middle classes (russian., french etc). So perhaps protecting their assets somehow will be priority.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4413
23 minutes ago, henry the king said:

Of course it is.

We live in a world where people can post Instagram pictures or kick a ball around or run a failed company and earn more in a day than a skilled professional doing an essential job can earn in a year. 

We need fundamental change to society not exchanging red and blue tied clones every 10 years.

or receive charitable donations from onlyfans, youtube, tiktok and twitch..... just to sit at home

Edited by TheResponsibleHouseBuyer

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Just now, henry the king said:

Inflation bought down the Roman Empire.

It would bring down our nation if allowed to persist too. They can get away with it currently but if inflation hits 15% and they try to have 0% interest rates then it is game over.

It is easily that in the real world already.

HOLA4416
25 minutes ago, henry the king said:

Of course it is.

I dunno, if they're providing a service (very loose definition) that others are prepared to pay for, then it's part of a market economy. Not as bad as the son or daughter who inherit millions and/or a plush job in the family firm. Just a question of scale really.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
3 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

I dunno, if they're providing a service (very loose definition) that others are prepared to pay for, then it's part of a market economy. Not as bad as the son or daughter who inherit millions and/or a plush job in the family firm. Just a question of scale really.

That might be fine in the short term, but longer term society cannot survive with that philosophy. People working 8 hours a day to get £30k whilst others get £30k in a minute for an Instagram post is not sustainable. 

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, Wampus Cat said:

Looks like the SVB 'Risk Manager' wasn't spending much time managing risk. :o

8ec02184e2839668.png

A proper recession will expose a lot of people and businesses like this.

Only a matter of time now free money is over.

Previously they could get away with this, not for long though. 

HOLA4421
11 minutes ago, Wampus Cat said:

Looks like the SVB 'Risk Manager' wasn't spending much time managing risk. :o

8ec02184e2839668.png

Looking at their client list, Princess Harry and The Meg, and Oprah in particular, it seems the endless cost of activism to keep them happy does actually have an end.

Oh, and it's "Get woke go broke" if I was to be ultra-picky at an otherwise excellent piece.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4422
43 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Christos, the finance system is so bent and fecking up this world so badly.

SVB said to pay out bonuses just before FDIC seizure
https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/silicon-valley-bank-paid-bonuses-fdic

The top execs also sold huge amounts of their personally-held stock in Feb.  Completely coincidental I'm sure .. as the no-doubt thorough and honest investigation that will surely be announced, will prove 🤣🤡

This yet more 'end of Empire' stuff for the US.  The elites are looting it while they can.

HOLA4423
11 minutes ago, henry the king said:

A proper recession will expose a lot of people and businesses like this.

Only a matter of time now free money is over.

Previously they could get away with this, not for long though. 

Yes, but "They" dont want one.............Build, Build, BUILD...........Ship in MILLIONS of new people, curtale freedoms everywhere from where you travel to what you eat to what you say............it ends in bloody revolt but these assh0les think they can "Manage" it the way they managed everything else.

Mike

HOLA4424
17 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

I guess it depends who starts the revolution. Many people make the mistake of thinking its the poor and oppressed, in fact historically, it always been the middle classes (russian., french etc). So perhaps protecting their assets somehow will be priority.

This. 
Let’s see if this time around the elite will manage to fool us middle class folks again. I pay 50% taxes, capital gains, Vat for this shit show and I have to work on my finances on a monthly basis. Meanwhile, people working in “tech” live a millionaire lifestyle using 0pc money and their cash flows are close to non-existent. 99% of firms out there have the banks right up their ass if the bottom line’s between brackets. They were going through each round of investment and every time they’d burn more and more cash. Until the music stopped and they had to go through vanilla boring banking and talk with a relationship manager on 50k pa who couldn’t support their voracious appetite for cash. Hedge Funds and fooking JPM were taking deposits and they’d buy long term bonds and throw the spread at this show and the housing market. 

****** them. No more money for these lunatics living in lalaland who ought to believe that they’re entitled to free meals. 

****** them. 

HOLA4425
10 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Looking at their client list, Princess Harry and The Meg, and Oprah in particular, it seems the endless cost of activism to keep them happy does actually have an end.

Oh, and it's "Get woke go broke" if I was to be ultra-picky at an otherwise excellent piece.

99.9% of the money lost in this bank will be woke people.

It is tech people in California. The home of woke. And the ideas to invest in it came via word of mouth in these circles.

Edited by henry the king