Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I thought that was a fake.

FFS.

There is lots wrong with the current situation where people are so desperate to get to the UK that they risk their lives and their children on the sea. But to boil the issue down to a three word slogan that is clearly designed to appeal to the worst aspects of the human condition is crass and boorish.

HOLA446
HOLA447
2 minutes ago, Timm said:

There is lots wrong with the current situation where people are so desperate to get to the UK that they risk their lives and their children on the sea. But to boil the issue down to a three word slogan that is clearly designed to appeal to the worst aspects of the human condition is crass and boorish.

Isn't it just.

People will look back at that image in 50 years time and absolutely curl up with embarrassment, the way that we now curl up with embarrassment seeing apartheid / segregation signs like "Entrance for whites only"

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
13 minutes ago, Si1 said:

"eat the poor"

"pay me now"

"tax avoidance scheme"

"MP's expenses scam"

"poverty blaming OK"

"old school tie"

"Bullingdon club toffs"

"porcine sexual abuse"

"Help to Buy"

Ha, F*** Business

Who needs experts?

Strong and Stable

In it Together

Build Back Better

I'm not Quitting

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

How stupid do they think everyone is. 

We'll you've seen the loons and fake 'personas' here....

11 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Isn't it just.

People will look back at that image in 50 years time and absolutely curl up with embarrassment, the way that we now curl up with embarrassment seeing apartheid / segregation signs like "Entrance for whites only"

Well those with a brain do.  Plenty here call that FrEeDoM oF aSsOcIaTiOn

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, Timm said:

I thought that was a fake.

FFS.

According to a former Chief Immigration Office on BBC News yesterday nearly all of them are economic migrants and young men, the majority of them are Albanian. When he said that the look on the face of BBC News bod was priceless, and I tried to time how quickly she ended the interview as he wasn't on message, it took about 5 seconds 🤣

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
24 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Is that for real, I thought this was a parody !!!

They had a meeting last week to come up with GE winning ideas, that surely isn't one of them

It's astounding.

I know some people have an issue with immigration and it's not the best. I also have a problem with boomers' spare bedrooms.

But blaming the biggest most heart-wrenching victims of it like they are the enemy is astounding.

How about "Stop the boomers" as a gimmick? Or "stop the landlords" - or would that be paralleled with the holocaust?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Just now, Maghull Mike said:

These are all reasons to vote Labour. I'm not left wing, but I'm not Adolf Hitler either. Important distinction.

2 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Left wing photoshop job...surely?

Have they really let this issue fester so that it can become an election winner?

only amongst swivel eyed blue-rinse loons who hate everyone and think they represent the majority

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

people do not want this in the uk

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20230303-not-my-dream-migrants-in-brussels-forced-to-sleep-in-tents

https://www.boursorama.com/videos/actualites/paris-a-deux-pas-de-l-arc-de-triomphe-des-migrants-heberges-dans-un-parking-a8d157d3fd279f348a1efb0fe06806e9

The continent is seeing more claims for asylum than in 2015. all accommodation is full and tent cities are appearing in Brussels, Paris even Germany now.

Of course the tories are using xenophobia to get votes, its true. But its too easy a target for them, no-one is under any delusion that Labour would not make it easier for the poor of the world to rock up and then permanent tent encampents in your local town it is...

lets face it if Germany cannot organise safe places for everyone who wants to move there what chance does the UK have?

who will benefit? the asylum seekers in tents, no. the people who have to step over the bodies on there way to work- no. Gary lineker will have his 24 hour security to keep them off his garden, so he gets a warm fuzzy feeling about it. The rentiers? lots of demand for places to live, good for them.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

people do not want this in the uk

I don't want tent cities in the UK, no

Nor do I want someone who purports to be representing me as my leader standing on a platform with STOP THE BOATS written on it

I'm with Gary Linekar on this, what's next week's three word slogan?  ARBEIT MACHT FREI?

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

I don't want tent cities in the UK, no

Nor do I want someone who purports to be representing me as my leader standing on a platform with STOP THE BOATS written on it

I'm with Gary Linekar on this, what's next week's three word slogan?  ARBEIT MACHT FREI?

Don't worry i admit the rhetoric is worrying. But all that is needed is a sensible discussion about this and sensible labour policy and it will all cool down.

How about 100k a year mostly families and anyone who applies and does not get in the legal route cannot enter illegally and claim asylum?

The reason this subject is so emotive is there is a wide gap between what is theoretically desirable and what is practically possible.- more pragmatism from both sides.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Just now, onlooker said:

That was to stop people escaping.

This is to stop people coming in.

I speak German, so I know what it means and why it was on the sign.

The point about Sunak sounding like a Nazi seems to have gone over your head....

HOLA4425
Just now, scottbeard said:

I speak German, so I know what it means and why it was on the sign.

The point about Sunak sounding like a Nazi seems to have gone over your head....

careful- I was once accused of racism in a tribunal because i knew what those three words meant.