House Price Crash Forum

And what will they think when their flat drops 20-30% over the next 3 years?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Christ on a bike!  The poor soul has bought a flat with shit sound insulation/noisy neighbours and the best advice the other posters come up with is:

I'd suggest starting short-term noise-coping strategies now (earplugs, noise cancelling headphones)

The OP has nailed it!  If they were renting the place, they could have just up sticks and left by now.

Caveat Emptor.  

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

...people would say renting was a waste of money.

One of the best lessons I learned early in life was that most people don't have a fecking clue about anything. Sadly, most people think they do and this delusion seems to increase by age, especially relative age between the all knowing, all powerful homeowning boomers and the naive, easily led, impressionable millennial above (As I expect those conversations mainly went)

HOLA448
2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

One of the best lessons I learned early in life was that most people don't have a fecking clue about anything. Sadly, most people think they do and this delusion seems to increase by age, especially relative age between the all knowing, all powerful homeowning boomers and the naive, easily led, impressionable millennial above (As I expect those conversations mainly went)

100% agree.  Never listen to anyone, as most are of low intelligence and talk sh1te because they are desperate to fit in and follow the pack.

Most men only do what they do to keep a wife or girlfriend happy and most women only do what they do because they are insecure and desperate to trap a high value man.

All aren't worth a bucket of piss with regards to financial advice imo.

HOLA449

I was surprise to hear recently that London 1 bed starter flats in average areas, eg e17, have been pretty flat since 2016. 

Expecting capital growth in this property type is tricky. Average LTVs on such properties is probably high, but on the other hand, there isn't much froth to come off.

HOLA4410
11 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

100% agree.  Never listen to anyone, as most are of low intelligence and talk sh1te because they are desperate to fit in and follow the pack.

Most men only do what they do to keep a wife or girlfriend happy and most women only do what they do because they are insecure and desperate to trap a high value man.

All aren't worth a bucket of piss with regards to financial advice imo.

Very true, and in some ways you can understand it. The contrarian path is a lonely one, staring into the abyss of the uncertain and uncaring universe would devour most men's souls.

HOLA4411
24 minutes ago, nero120 said:

Very true, and in some ways you can understand it. The contrarian path is a lonely one, staring into the abyss of the uncertain and uncaring universe would devour most men's souls.

whoah

true

Aaron Clarey says the economy is optimised for the average middle of the road person, in fact it has to be as otherwise they'd have nothing to do, same thing

HOLA4412
9 minutes ago, Si1 said:

whoah

true

Aaron Clarey says the economy is optimised for the average middle of the road person, in fact it has to be as otherwise they'd have nothing to do, same thing

They're also in the vast majority (so not really "average" in the truest sense of the word)

Edited by nero120

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
14 hours ago, bomberbrown said:

Christ on a bike!  The poor soul has bought a flat with shit sound insulation/noisy neighbours and the best advice the other posters come up with is:

The OP has nailed it!  If they were renting the place, they could have just up sticks and left by now.

Caveat Emptor.  

There's no other advice to give, Obviously she would have been better off waiting it out, but in this scenario the best thing would be to make the most of it.

The housing market is in a state and most of us have been and are going to affected by it.

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, nero120 said:

The contrarian path has also been a financially poor move up until recently.

HOLA4421

It's not unknown for people forced to stay where they are and "make the most of it". I remember meeting a few people in that situation in the 90s. The difference now (if there is one) is that so many in recent years bought as an investment as opposed to a place to live. The widely shared view was buying property was a one way bet, and they couldn't lose. They should have spent more time on this website. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

It's not unknown for people forced to stay where they are and "make the most of it". I remember meeting a few people in that situation in the 90s. The difference now (if there is one) is that so many in recent years bought as an investment as opposed to a place to live. The widely shared view was buying property was a one way bet, and they couldn't lose. They should have spent more time on this website. 

I did the same thing when I was early 20s, saw it as a good investment, a step to somewhere better, and it was noisy and I felt buyers remorse for it.

This was the late 90s and it went up hundreds of thousands.

People were advising me not to buy.

This is a pretty poor thread.

HOLA4425