House Price Crash Forum

Benefits of Brexit

Pmax2020

HOLA441
1 hour ago, 24gray24 said:

Meanwhile, in the sunny uplands of Germany where all is well... industry is shutting down. 

And the next liquidity crisis is not far away....

I wish people would look at the greener grass next door a bit more sceptically, in their arguments. 

I suspect both EU and UK are going to end the winter feeling like they just wrestled a bear. 

(Not that the UK government hasn't been terrible, it has, but at least everyone knows who has to fix it) 

The Germans are committing economic suicide by imposing trade and investment sanctions upon themselves at the behest of the CIA and NATO.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
On 12/11/2022 at 10:57, Timm said:

Yup:

The headline quote has always been misinterpreted by Remainers. He was saying that nobody *in Brussels* was threatening our place in the single market, which in that interview he seemed to loosely define as meaning tariff-free trade.

He was personally an advocate of the EEA, but it's not true to say that he pretended this was the position of Vote Leave.

HOLA443
On 11/11/2022 at 16:02, Cocha said:

According to remainers, EU nationals left the UK in droves after we voted to leave because we were such a horrid nasty racist country. Are you saying remainers are liars?

You are resorting to the "some people say" argument that always seems to precede some outrageous piece of BS. 

On 11/11/2022 at 16:02, Cocha said:

This has been good for many of the low paid I care about, as it has put upward pressure on wages and working conditions. Had we remained in the EU, then FoM would have continued exerting downward pressure on wages and working conditions. Not good for those who like worker exploitation to subsidise their cost of living, or for capitalists who enjoy worker exploitation to increase their personal wealth, but good for those previously competing against this.

You are still ignoring reality in favour of your preconceived views. You clearly have no interest in educating yourself. 

HOLA444

Now then what's happened lately to the Great Brex sht? 

I know, the great Brex shter George Useless has finally admitted that the great Tory Brex sht Oz trade deal is a pile of sht. That's after saying how good it was just after it was agreed though!!!  

Oh and the great Brex shtty CA mark has been. . . . guess wot!???????? . . . . postponed yet again. 

All brought to you by the great Brex sht tory party!

Edited by miguel

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
17 minutes ago, slawek said:

Job done by the WEF globalist. Expect election manifesto promise to rejoin EU, referendum months after election 

HOLA448
On 13/11/2022 at 13:43, Cocha said:

Well more a cult or an illness. Brexit Derangement Syndrome is real and there are some very serious cases of it in this thread and others.

It certainly seems to be affecting you. You asked me for links to show why your claims of Brexit benefiting the working man are nonsense. I provide them and then carry on repeating the same nonsense.

Here is what a bank of England policy advisors told the select committee:

Then Bailey went on to say

For anyone not suffering from Brexit derangement syndrome this would seem pretty clear cut, notwithstanding your personal circumstance, Brexit has made the UK and its workers poorer than they otherwise would have been.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA449
49 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

A BOE policy adviser? 😂 Well all I can say is this policy adviser isn't speaking on behalf of those I know who are benefitting more from being out of the EU than when they were in it. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

If @Cocha and his cabal of clowns say that brex_hit is a success then it must be true. All those data analysts and scientists who study and interpret data for a living must be wrong.

He's living in a world charactrised by the conspiratory and the dissillusioned. Seems this web-site has been invaded by these types recently. Logic and reason has been relegated and replaced by b0llocks sourced from dodgy web-sites, hear-say and whataboutery. It's rife.  

HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

If @Cocha and his cabal of clowns say that brex_hit is a success then it must be true. All those data analysts and scientists who study and interpret data for a living must be wrong.

I didn't say it was true for everyone, I'm simply correcting your's and Confusion's (and the "experts" you cite) incorrect but desperate desire that it has been bad for everyone. It hasn't, it isn't and it won't be. Sorry old chap.

HOLA4414
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

He's living in a world charactrised by the conspiratory and the dissillusioned. Seems this web-site has been invaded by these types recently. Logic and reason has been relegated and replaced by b0llocks sourced from dodgy web-sites, hear-say and whataboutery. It's rife.  

Just first hand experience old fruit, sorry to disappoint.

HOLA4415
12 minutes ago, Cocha said:

I didn't say it was true for everyone, I'm simply correcting your's and Confusion's (and the "experts" you cite) incorrect but desperate desire that it has been bad for everyone. It hasn't, it isn't and it won't be. Sorry old chap.

Not sure what you are "sorry" for I have never said it was bad for everybody, but clearly it is for most. 

Are you really too dim to understand that what happens in your little bubble is irrelevant in terms of Brexit's impact on the UK.  

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Not sure what you are "sorry" for I have never said it was bad for everybody, but clearly it is for most. 

Are you really too dim to understand that what happens in your little bubble is irrelevant in terms of Brexit's impact on the UK.  

You need to go back long before June 2016 if you are really care about where today's problems originated from.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 minute ago, Cocha said:

Take your pick, just anytime pre June 2016 is the first step towards beating Brexit Derangement Syndrome.

The asteriod that destoyed the dinasaurs was the real problem. No humans, no problem. Sorted for you. Can't argue with that.

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

The asteriod that destoyed the dinasaurs was the real problem. No humans, no problem. Sorted for you. Can't argue with that.

Yeah, that's quite a bit earlier than people still blaming 'fatcher for everything though so that would probably be a more sensible starting point.

HOLA4422
18 minutes ago, Cocha said:

You need to go back long before June 2016 if you are really care about where today's problems originated from.

So this wasn't simple enough for you:

Tomorrow we will be having an austerity budget, no other G7 country sees the need for one.

14 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Take your pick, just anytime pre June 2016 is the first step towards beating Brexit Derangement Syndrome.

I am afraid retreating back into the past is one of the main symptoms of BDS, apparently sufferers think the 50s were very nice. 

HOLA4423
6 minutes ago, Cocha said:

Yeah, that's quite a bit earlier than people still blaming 'fatcher for everything though so that would probably be a more sensible starting point.

You could go back and blame God if you are that way inclined. Horsesh1t knows no bound.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425