House Price Crash Forum

Musk Twitter offer

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Oh dear. The echo chamber might get some 'problematic' replies back at them now. There will be tears.

He could relocate their headquarters to Texas or Florida too :)

HOLA444
HOLA445
5 minutes ago, Trampa501 said:

Haven't they struggled for years to make a penny from twitter? They should snap his fingers off for that kind of dough.

I think one of the complaints of Musk and other shareholders is they haven't done much with the brand.

Having said that, not sure what you really can do with it, it only seems to be used daily by influencers and journalists.  I don't think you can turn it into something like Facebook!

HOLA446

It’s an addictive platform. Sure, a lot of ppl don’t click w it but plenty do. And brands all have a presence, even just to stop squatting.

3 hours ago, Huggy said:

Oh dear. The echo chamber might get some 'problematic' replies back at them now. There will be tears.

He could relocate their headquarters to Texas or Florida too :)

The pink hair brigade is seriously having tizzies at the thought. Diddums.

HOLA447

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of cancel culture, and the return of that ancient concept of "free speech".

Sadly, probably not... because Musk would also have to buy the legislators of the world, who are happy to legislate more and more speech away.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
19 hours ago, rollover said:

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal of Saudi Arabia has rejected Elon Musk's offer to buy Twitter at $54.20-a-share and hinted he wants more cash.

You can always rely on the Saudis to protect free speech as well of course women and LGB rights. 

HOLA4414
19 hours ago, FallingAwake said:

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of cancel culture, and the return of that ancient concept of "free speech".

Sadly, probably not... because Musk would also have to buy the legislators of the world, who are happy to legislate more and more speech away.

Cancel culture? Freeze peach?

sunday-sport-corbyn.jpg

HOLA4415
16 hours ago, Si1 said:

Naive question on my part now - does popular opinion think Twitter is good and neutral currently, or that Musk needs to fix it?

Hm interesting question. IMO it's not good or neutral, it's effectively a micro brainwashing site that encourages bubbles and extremism. It shouldn't be available to under 18s bc their brains are still developing. 

BUT if you want news fast it's the best place to get it. Just have to ignore the MAPs and Nazis :D 

IDK what Musk wants but I do enjoy the chaos he is sowing, it's extremely satisfying seeing the hysterics. They're so fragile.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
58 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Stupendous news if true, and I don't think the fascists are going to like this one bit. Ths will make my usual rounds of Youtube and other content all the sweeter (and saltier too, which is nice too) tonight or tomorrow. Nom, nom.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Stupendous news if true, and I don't think the fascists are going to like this one bit. Ths will make my usual rounds of Youtube and other content all the sweeter (and saltier too, which is nice too) tonight or tomorrow. Nom, nom.

The twitter hysterics is sustaining me this afternoon 😂 

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

It's hilarious to watch the woke (and especially the activists identifying as journalists) lose their minds over this. 😂

Best of all was the woke cretin pundit published in the Washington Post (owned by multibillionaire Jeff Bezos) complaining that billionaires shouldn't be allowed to 'control our channels of communication'.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2022/04/08/musk-twitter-equity-discrimination-speech/

Apparently one of the symptoms of the 'Woke Mind Virus' as Musk puts it, is total lack of self-awareness and irony 🤣

If Elon succeeds in buying it, I may even start using Twitter.  Though I still think social media is incredibly toxic .. maybe he can bring some effective changes and new ideas to the table.

Edited by Sour Mash

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Not sure many would like him in person, but he's a fascinating character/business person. Almost everything he's got involved in turned out lucrative within a short time. Compare with say Bezos, who ran Amz at a loss for many years before stumbling on charging for webspace. Or Steve Jobs who had many difficult years developing Apple, and even had to leave the company for a few years.

HOLA4423

The Mad Lad has done it .... can't wait to see the woke fallout.

Already some Twitter employees posting (on Twitter) at how disgusted they are at the news ... interesting career move, those woketards have no common sense 🤣  Still, I'm sure the rest of Silicon Valley will be queuing up to secure their obvious expertise and intelligence. 

On a more serious note, I feel that this could well be 'peak Nasdaq' and that IT stocks are about to go full bear.

HOLA4424

Apparently this is how various staff at twitter reacted when they found out via a teams meeting this afternoon that Mr Musk was buying the company. I would encourage you to turn your volume down first!

Just joking!

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA4425