House Price Crash Forum

PETER HITCHENS: What is the point of tourists' checks and tests if migrants can just walk into Dover?

HOLA441
3 minutes ago, iamnumerate said:

You would expect that any council would know that secondary schools are going to have lack of spaces - because they have more primary school students! I can't believe that all the extra demand came from immigrants joining in the last 2 years of primary school - poor planning

No, these would have turned up and tried to put their kids in.

LAs do track the number of primary, and ensure that their are places.

There are literally floods of 100s of families turning up in summer.

Boro wrnt from having undersubscribed schools, to packed, within a few years.

Managing the migration from a ~300m block, who may or may not decided to  rockup one day is beyond even the best LA.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
3 minutes ago, Locke said:

I'd like to see the video of Attenborough collecting 100 fire ants into a jar. Sounds a hoot.

Never happened

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/black-and-red-ants-attenborough/

Also ants always fight each other see

If ants had nuclear weapons, they would probably end the world in a week.

https://www.azquotes.com/author/33948-Bert_Holldobler

Ants are not a good example if you want to talk about peace between different races - they fight even between different families

http://serious-science.org/ant-wars-6652

HOLA443
4 minutes ago, captainb said:

Nothing new there. London with the exception of the bromley fringes has been a left learning city for decades.

Voted in Red Ken as an independent twice no less.

No, it is very new.

Theres always been Islington.

But theres never been such a high red vote in London, as working people have been pushed out over the las 20 years.

HOLA444
2 minutes ago, spyguy said:

No, it is very new.

Theres always been Islington.

But theres never been such a high red vote in London, as working people have been pushed out over the las 20 years.

That's utter nonsense.

The GLC was so left wing the 80s that Thatcher got rid of it.

Then in the 90s red ken was voted in as an independent twice.. let me guess by right wingers in your world?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/theguardian/2014/apr/01/glc-ken-livingstone-abolished-thatcher

HOLA445
16 hours ago, pig said:

Wow thats quite a hole you'e got yourself into there. Then again

First rule of Brexit club is that its everybody else's fault

Second rule is that everything is fake news bias la la la I'm not listening

Third rule is that its everybody else's fault :)

Got to keep bending everything to fit in with your prejudices!

HOLA446
38 minutes ago, Locke said:

I'd like to see the video of Attenborough collecting 100 fire ants into a jar. Sounds a hoot.

Stick it on ITV and call it "I'm A National Treasure, Get These Ants Off Me!"

Edited by byron78

HOLA447
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

No.

Whats driving the migration is simple benefits-living cost play off.

Go for cheap housing, get your kid in school get as much benefits possible.

There are few jobs in boro.

Unexpected immigration was major factor behind Middlesbrough school places crisis

An influx of 'international new arrivals' is among a number of reasons for 'unprecedented demand' which has left pupils without places

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/immigration-revealed-single-biggest-factor-15921386

Dad's anger as 'unprecedented demand' leaves dozens of Middlesbrough pupils without school place

Middlesbrough Council says that secondary schools are completely full in a situation 'of considerable concern'

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/dads-anger-unprecedented-demand-leaves-15906701

The public services have  been swamped inthe last 5 years.

~10 years ago, there was plenty of school places.

Why are you shouting?

There's really no need to flag it up. Most of us have already clocked you as an idiot.

HOLA448
2 hours ago, Will! said:

What was it like before the World Wide Web?

Really good question Will.

I would say *slower*. You still had extremists and most people were still convinced the world would work just fine, if only the world would recognise the genius of their back-of-fag-packet-and-catering-to-my-prejudice systems.

I would say the analogue wolrd was much harder to corrupt, though.

A friend of mine who ended up in charge of a big chunk of the UKs police (he wasn't really sure why or how either) used to say jokingly at least half of the extreme left/right groups that existed in the 60s/70s/80s were undercover cops. It wasn't quite that bad, but it was a lot more effort and faff to monitor, infiltrate, or steer things back in the day.

These days, any one of us here could be a bot or a Chinese operative earning 23p a day to spread misinformation. Hell, it's probably not just states at it anymore. I should imagine anyone with enough money and an agenda to push can now do so.

It certainly seems to have gone that way, when you look at the source of funding for a lot of the climate change misinformation on the web, for instance. Same crowd that big tabacco hired to spread misinformation when they were contesting smoking was bad for you (seems mad now, but this was a thing for decades).

Edited by byron78

HOLA449
10 minutes ago, Locke said:

Hence my panic at finding it. I did get rid of it before getting on the plane though.

The degree of your faith in low rent government workers explains a lot about your views on other topics.

They're both C8-C14 hydrocarbon mixtures

And your ******** hasn't improved - I put my faith in the capacity of an overhead bin on a flight to Greece resulting your bag being offloaded even if security doesn't ping you for substances. I put my faith in the fact you change your story to fit your narrative & I put my faith in the fact you are having to justify it going from petrol to white spirit.

You'd have said it was white spirit if it was thus originally as you are a pedant with others, and low odour doesn't escape the equipment. Go and tell your neighbour you are sticking 10l of white spirit in their car and watch the reaction. Normally people say what they mean not another thing.

I do love watch someone contort all over the show however to try and make it plausible.

Right now Rob Brydon & Lee Mack are trying to book you as a guest on a gameshow. With that response.

HOLA4410
39 minutes ago, byron78 said:

Why are you shouting?

There's really no need to flag it up. Most of us have already clocked you as an idiot.

Thats the headline from the link. The formatting is lifted.

Its one of these computer things.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
45 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Got to keep bending everything to fit in with your prejudices!

Thats very honest of you ;)

Do you think the current difficulties in NI are down to 'incompetence' or something flagged up ad nauseam but dismissed as Project Fear ?

HOLA4413
13 minutes ago, pig said:

Do you think the current difficulties in NI are down to 'incompetence' or something flagged up ad nauseam but dismissed as Project Fear ?

It's the EU's fault of course and all the 27 nations in the EU.

Any other country on earth would just look the other way to an open border to another country who have spent 40 years telling them how awful they are and how shit their club is.

HOLA4414
18 minutes ago, pig said:

It was dismissed as Project Fear because of a mistaken assumption that even the EU wouldn't be that petty and childish as to needlessly insist on needless hard borders. Not sure why we bothered trying to put one in ourselves though, it's those stick-up-their-arses children who were insisting on it, let them put one in then. But then they'd have to blame themselves for the consequences of their petty insistence.

HOLA4415
Just now, Riedquat said:

It was dismissed as Project Fear because of a mistaken assumption that even the EU wouldn't be that petty and childish as to needlessly insist on needless hard borders. Not sure why we bothered trying to put one in ourselves though, it's those stick-up-their-arses children who were insisting on it, let them put one in then. But then they'd have to blame themselves for the consequences of their petty insistence.

You would have thought that after 50yrs of membership our allegedly world class negotiating team would have worked out that the EU is a rules based organisation and known that if they sign up to something they would be expected to implement it. 

Were you actually surprised that the EU expected Johnson to abide by the deal he promoted and signed.

HOLA4416
34 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

the EU wouldn't be that petty and childish as to needlessly insist on needless hard borders.

Point of order - if we aren't petty and childishy insisting on borders then why didn't we join Schengen, why did we maintain & insist the Gib border always be there and why did we try and shift our border control to Belgium for Eurotunnel and get told to eff off.

Brexit was very much about sticking up hard borders for a lot of people and yet you are decrying the EU doing the same.

As I keep saying, aims meeting reality. In life there are consequences, with the EU these were spelled out well in advance. 

Think of it like going for a meal and there's a 2 for 1 offer but 3 of ypou there. Your options are this:

1. 2 people get half price meal and 1 pays full price

2. You split the bill 3 ways

You don't get a magic 3rd option where you get your wish and the 3rd meal is half price too, no matter how much you shout at the waiter or promised you could.

Now apply that to the borders - outside EU needs a border and checks. Where you stick it is up to you to decide but it needs one.

If Scotland joined the EU and offered to take 250k of immigrants tomorrow the same folks going on about EU wanting a border would be adding stones to Hadrian's Wall.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
2 hours ago, Locke said:

What typically happens is I state that "initiating violence against peaceful people is always evil", this triggers someone and they create paragraphs of squid ink to try and cover up the fact that they support evil. I can't be bothered to go through every silly detail to explain to someone why attacking people is evil, especially when that person is likely fundamentally incapable of understanding the reasoning.

Truth hurts.

Relating to the idea of "evil", seeing evil everywhere is not doing philosophy or reasoning - its strictly for religious fundamentalists.

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

🤦‍♂️

You cannot be serious lol

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
13 minutes ago, pig said:

🤦‍♂️

You cannot be serious lol

Even I was surprised just how petty and childish they've been, so I can see why their zealous disciples can't bring themselves to even contemplate the idea and instead will resort to trying to twist reality to fit their religion rather than the other way around.

I'd missed the comment (not from you) about the EU being a rules-based organisation. The way some go on about that you'd think those rules were absolute holy laws, imposed on by a divine being and beyond question or change. An organisation that makes it own rules up then uses them as an excuse to behave in the way it has done, under the "those are the rules" clause is pathetic.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Riedquat said:

Even I was surprised just how petty and childish they've been, so I can see why their zealous disciples can't bring themselves to even contemplate the idea and instead will resort to trying to twist reality to fit their religion rather than the other way around.

You don't think the UK Gov should just implement the deal it agreed, told the people was a great deal and won an election on the back of?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Here is a bit of a Brexit dividend, a cretinously inaccurate DM article and no mention of the EU.   

No10's green initiative forces Brits to buy more expensive LED bulbs (msn.com)

LEDs are a no-brainer, use less juice and last much longer. You can get filament style for lamps and decorative applications. I've got dozens of lighting control systems in west London and could switch out a lot of bulbs and invoice accordingly, if I could be bothered.