House Price Crash Forum

H10N3 Bird Flu - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
5 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

This is starting to look a little bit more than coincidence 

The article says it hasn't done human to human transmission yet. Also that China has bird flus circulating normally. Presumably because they love intensively farming ANY living creatures. 

HOLA445
HOLA446
1 minute ago, Clarky Cat said:

Plenty of potentially nasty Influenza strains around

Eg H7N9 - doesn't cause visible illness in birds, but 40% case fatality rate

Only a matter of time until we get another flu pandemic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_A_virus_subtype_H7N9

And there I was thinking you needed to shag a bird or bat:

HOLA447
2 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Does it happen to have emerged by pure coincidence in a city which houses China’s leading lab for researching bird flu by any chance?

I accept implying any link is a dangerous conspiracy theory!

Just joking but far more importantly what impact will this discovery have on the UK housing market?

Edited by MARTINX9

HOLA448
HOLA449
10 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

The article says it hasn't done human to human transmission yet. Also that China has bird flus circulating normally. Presumably because they love intensively farming ANY living creatures. 

Rats.

That happy fukken music while hundreds of thousands of these creatures are jammed in together suffering.

Some people aren't people.

HOLA4410

I think this is just being widely reported because pandemics are in vogue right now.

There was some reporting of bubonic plagues last year.  But again in was something that is always happening in the background, but on trend right now.

With the fuss the media have kicked up about variets you would think the media never want this thing to end.  Maybe it is something to do with all the money the government have bunged for people service advertising around the pandemic.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
33 minutes ago, Locke said:

Rats.

That happy fukken music while hundreds of thousands of these creatures are jammed in together suffering.

Some people aren't people.

You read the small writing and these videos are put out and promoted BY the Chinese govt because they think farming vats full of animals is brag worthy (see also: pandas, tigers, snakes, dogs, anything with a shadow). They’re so far away from our animal welfare standards we may as well be on another planet. 

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Please, don’t “kink shame” 🤓 This is a bat sex positive space, mkay?

🤣

HOLA4415
12 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

Does it happen to have emerged by pure coincidence in a city which houses China’s leading lab for researching bird flu by any chance?

I accept implying any link is a dangerous conspiracy theory!

Just joking but far more importantly what impact will this discovery have on the UK housing market?

Well....I'm no expert but I'd hazard a guess that IF we got afflicted by a bona fide deadly plague that has, ooooh say, 20-ish percent intrinsic mortality (or worse!) then there's better than fair chance the housing market will be f*cked.  Additionally, toilet paper supplies will disappear from shelves even faster this time - to actually be used as the nation literally sh*ts itself!

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4416

The WEF's promised "cyberpandemic" hits food supply. (JBS = WEF partner).

17 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Looks like a new strain of Bird Flu has managed to jump the species barrier in China.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1269236

This might be leading to the destruction of a lot of poultry. Similar to the above meat factories shutting down, just a different excuse.

Moves in this area already started in December 2020 https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bird-flu-poultry-chicken-indoors-rspca-b1766540.html

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
14 hours ago, reddog said:

I think this is just being widely reported because pandemics are in vogue right now.

On the subject of all things that fly....You see a similar pattern if there's a very rare occurrence of a plane crash. Every minor and trivial incident is then reported on for a while after even though they are frequent beforehand but otherwise ignored🙄

Edited by nightowl

HOLA4420
6 hours ago, nightowl said:

On the subject of all things that fly....You see a similar pattern if there's a very rare occurrence of a plane crash. Every minor and trivial incident is then reported on for a while after even though they are frequent beforehand but otherwise ignored🙄

Yeah it's interesting to see how journalism works.  I think we need a new model for news reporting.