House Price Crash Forum

How to not die of corona

Locke

HOLA441

As @gruffydd pointed out in his thread, old man Winter is on his way and since you fine folk are some good people, I would like to help save some lives. 

This will go against much of what the mainstream believes about diet, so it may make you feel angry, but consider that most people are fat and unhealthy.

Who is at risk?

People with metabolic dysfunction

If you have any of these symptoms, this likely concerns you:

• Diabetes
  1. Pre-diabetes
  • Spare tyre belly
  • Poor and in particular declining vision
  • Skinny arms/legs
  • Inability to lose weight
  • High blood pressure
  • History of heart disease
  • Poor HDL/lipids ratio
  • Skin tags

70% of Westerners fall into this category, but fortunately it is very easy to get yourself out of this scenario.

In short: stop eating vegetable oil. It is killing you!

Modern disease is caused by one major factor: polyunsaturated fatty acids. The primary one, linoleic acid, has gone from 1% of our fat intake to around 20%. Linoleic acid (LA) is an omega 6 fat which when overconsumed, breaks your metabolism. The primary source in the diet today is seed oils (aka vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, canola oil, sunflower oil) in processed foods, followed by animals fed these oils, primarily pork and chicken, although low quality beef is also higher in LA

Once your metabolism is broken by linoelic acid, you become carbohydrate intolerant, what is commonly called diabetes.

That "heart healthy" low saturated fat margarine is actually trashing your heart, and the rest of your body.

This is why low carb or ketogenic diets are so effective in reversing diabetes and heart disease; processed foods are carb and seed oil heavy. As these are necessarily eliminated in this style of diet, the metabolism rapidly improves.

Plant oils which are ok to eat are: olive oil; coconut oil; palm oil; avocado oil.

Look at the packaging the next time you are in the supermarket. If it says vegetable oil, put it back on the shelf.

People with poor immune systems

• Poor vitamin D status
  • Metabolic dysfunction
  • Generally poor nutritional status

Vitamin D status is the reason we see Winter flu spikes, for obvious reasons. It is absolutely critical to your immune system.

Studies have shown that with adequate Vitamin D, you are almost completely immune to flu. Sunlight is good for this, but you cannot obtain enough vitamin D in Winter or in the diet. Therefore, every day which you do not spend 10 minutes or more shirtless in direct sunlight, you should take 5,000 iµ of vitamin D-3 (very important to get 3) with a meal.

Other common deficiencies and their food sources are

• Zinc (beef, seafood)
  • Choline (egg yolks, liver)
  • B12 (liver)
  • Magnesium (no good sources, supplement at meals)

Liver can be had as pate, which is more palatable for most people. Quite lovely on toast.

The elderly

Can't help you with this symptom directly, I'm afraid. I do believe that a big reason that old people deteriorate though is a lifetime of crappy dietary habits. Follow the above advice and your chances will definitely improve.

Eventually, almost everyone is getting corona, just like the flu. Lockdowns will not prevent this. If this helps a few of you oldies survive, I will be quite happy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Locke said:

Can't help you with this symptom directly, I'm afraid.

https://www.populationpyramid.net/united-kingdom/2020/

In order to interpret this graph, I had to get the CSV and fiddle around with it in a spreadsheet.

My guess is that, in the UK, around 500,000 deaths/anm (mean 1,300+ per day - distribution likely to be very uneven) would be most appropriately attributed to old age.

What would be really interesting would be a correlation of illiquid asset ownership statistics by age-bracket/gender.

Edited by A.steve

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, Locke said:

As @gruffydd pointed out in his thread, old man Winter is on his way and since you fine folk are some good people, I would like to help save some lives. 

This will go against much of what the mainstream believes about diet, so it may make you feel angry, but consider that most people are fat and unhealthy.

Who is at risk?

• Diabetes
  1. Pre-diabetes
  • Spare tyre belly
  • Skinny arms/legs
  • High blood pressure
  • Poor HDL/lipids ratio
  • Skin tags

70% of Westerners fall into this category, but fortunately it is very easy to get yourself out of this scenario.

Modern disease is caused by one major factor: polyunsaturated fatty acids. The primary one, linoleic acid, has gone from 1% of our fat intake to around 20%. Linoleic acid (LA) is an omega 6 fat which when overconsumed, breaks your metabolism. The primary source in the diet today is seed oils (aka vegetable oil, rapeseed oil, canola oil, sunflower oil) in processed foods, followed by animals fed these oils, primarily pork and chicken, although low quality beef is also higher in LA

Once your metabolism is broken by linoelic acid, you become carbohydrate intolerant, what is commonly called diabetes.

That "heart healthy" low saturated fat margarine is actually trashing your heart, and the rest of your body.

This is why low carb or ketogenic diets are so effective in reversing diabetes and heart disease; processed foods are carb and seed oil heavy. As these are necessarily eliminated in this style of diet, the metabolism rapidly improves.

Plant oils which are ok to eat are: olive oil; coconut oil; palm oil; avocado oil.

Look at the packaging the next time you are in the supermarket. If it says vegetable oil, put it back on the shelf.

• Poor vitamin D status
  • Metabolic dysfunction

Vitamin D status is the reason we see Winter flu spikes, for obvious reasons. It is absolutely critical to your immune system.

Studies have shown that with adequate Vitamin D, you are almost completely immune to flu. Sunlight is good for this, but you cannot obtain enough vitamin D in Winter or in the diet. Therefore, every day which you do not spend 10 minutes or more shirtless in direct sunlight, you should take 5,000 iµ of vitamin D-3 (very important to get 3) with a meal.

• Zinc (beef, seafood)
  • B12 (liver)

Liver can be had as pate, which is more palatable for most people. Quite lovely on toast.

The elderly

Can't help you with this symptom directly, I'm afraid. I do believe that a big reason that old people deteriorate though is a lifetime of crappy dietary habits. Follow the above advice and your chances will definitely improve.

Eventually, almost everyone is getting corona, just like the flu. Lockdowns will not prevent this. If this helps a few of you oldies survive, I will be quite happy.

I stopped eating carbs and sugar a couple of years ago, ditto veg oils. 

HOLA445
1 hour ago, Locke said:

• Poor vitamin D status
  • Metabolic dysfunction

Yes 4000iu+ on dull days, 1 a day in winter.

100% of ICU patients less than 75 years old had VDI (Vitamin D Insufficiency)

Vitamin D determines severity in COVID-19 so government advice needs to change, experts urge

Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, richmondtw said:

why so?

This website is called "House Price Crash".  The supply of, and demand for, mortgage credit is much debated... but, the supply and (economic**) demand for real estate is also important.

This population pyramid is especially tall - and, by historic standards, has more people over 70 than has been typical.  Annecdotally, it seems the (most desirable) real-estate is owned by the eldest.  Aged somewhere between 70 and 100 years old, most people experience a dramatic change of lifestyle... many at the lower end of that range.  This change in lifestyle could plausibly result in liquidation of assets.

** --> "Economic demand" is differentiated from ordinary "demand" where the desire to possess is backed up with the ability and willingness to pay.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The jury is out if palm oil is good for you, in fact many studies say it can be a contributor to heart disease. But either way it is cack for environment, so if have to make sure is from ethical sources. Also a lot of health food and 'olive oil' spreads are tiny amounts olive oil and rest palm as it is cheaper. Olivio spread is less than 20% olive oil. Flora active is also full of it perversely.

If you want to enjoy healthy food grow as much as can yourself - taste a supermarket tomato, vs a home grown one. No contest because it is fresh not stuck in storage for ages and mass produced mush.

Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and spring onions are easy to grow and even some carrots can be done in limited space.

But all that might achieve bob all so best to take precautions not to catch it as well.

The Med diet is supposedly one of the best, yet Med countries also got knocked for 6 and not just their old population. But if healthier eating and lifestyles are an outcome of C-19 then it may be one of those unintentionable few benefits

HOLA4413
42 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

The jury is out if palm oil is good for you,

I wouldn't say it is healthy, but it does not have high levels of linoleic acid, which means it is probably safer than the unsafe plant oils.

44 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Also a lot of health food and 'olive oil' spreads are tiny amounts olive oil and rest palm as it is cheaper

Nah, tends to be rapeseed or sunflower. Palm oil is more expensive than those two.

49 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

If you want to enjoy healthy food grow as much as can yourself

You don't need to eat plants to be healthy and in fact many people react quite poorly to fibre in the diet. All the vegetables which you mentioned except carrots have a negative calorie balance, so worse than a waste of time if you are trying to survive. That said, growing food is good fun and you can grow chickens and rabbits on relatively little land.

50 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Med countries also got knocked for 6 and not just their old population.

There's a huge amount of smoking in the Med, isn't there? Plus they do have a huge old population and multigenerational families.

It seems to me like there is a genetic component to CCPV susceptibility also. 

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
1 hour ago, A.steve said:

Annecdotally, it seems the (most desirable) real-estate is owned by the eldest.  Aged somewhere between 70 and 100 years old, most people experience a dramatic change of lifestyle... many at the lower end of that range.  This change in lifestyle could plausibly result in liquidation of assets.

Obviously people who are older will have more assets.  I am sure I will have more assets at 70 than I do at 32 as I have worked for longer and they will have appreciated.  I think i read a report somewhere that said death rates of all ages are no higher than they were as people have not been going out - having accidents etc.  

There are a number of expensive houses being sold near me - no idea of the vendor's circumstances but they will be way outside the budget of most first time purchasers.  

1 hour ago, longgone said:

No beer forever ? fook that 

100% 

HOLA4417

Yup because so far we've had a healthy eating suggestion ( which not knocking ) and vitamin D, yet Med countries were screwed despite those due to smoking and genetics. I'm genetically a bit Scandi , never smoked, eat well, run 5k every other day, get outdoors and spin class once per week so I don't know how I'll fare. That is why I take preventive measures. But as said elsewhere - if being too fit and smoking can be risk factors kiss goodbye to your military as the kiddies never didn't have a tab on.

HOLA4418
5 hours ago, Locke said:

• Poor vitamin D status
  • Metabolic dysfunction

• Zinc (beef, seafood)
  • B12 (liver)

Funnily enough this is pretty close to how i eat.

I took a dislike to the vegetable oils as you describe as a kid, always preferring olive oil, coconut and Avocado.

It may have been those stupid Stork Margarine and Flora ads that were on when i was a kid, they made me take an instant dislike to the products and never ate anything like it again.

I could tell it was BS even age 7.

In fact they even admit to lying in the Ad, and the name S.B. could be BS backwards!

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

The Med diet is supposedly one of the best, yet Med countries also got knocked for 6 and not just their old population. 

Try a simpler explanation

mediterraneans tend to hug and kiss and touch a lot more than we do. 

and they tend to visit their grandparents at least once a week.

Tragic if you don't realise it's circulating for weeks. 

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
6 hours ago, Locke said:

Who is at risk?

• Diabetes
  1. Pre-diabetes
  • Spare tyre belly
  • Skinny arms/legs
  • High blood pressure
  • Poor HDL/lipids ratio
  • Skin tags

• Poor vitamin D status
  • Metabolic dysfunction

• Zinc (beef, seafood)
  • B12 (liver)

The elderly

wouldn't disagree with any of that. as covid is an inflammatory disease mostly,you need to bolster up on stuff that reduces inflammation.

vitamin D and zinc,definitely needed,but make sure you alkalise your diet more than normal.

potassium and magnesium supplements(good also for arthritis),garlic,turmeric and stay off the soda, diet coke etc is chronically bad for you,not just for aspartame,but for overall blood acidity

HOLA4422
6 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

WHO kept quiet and ignored Taiwan's warnings. That they announced a pandemic shortly after Trump impeachment failed was just a co-incidence.

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, 24gray24 said:

So the social distancing I said as people dying despite Med diet / not just old. But as say if we think diet and being young will save us we're kidding ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

WHO kept quiet and ignored Taiwan's warnings. That they announced a pandemic shortly after Trump impeachment failed was just a co-incidence.

Ah back to the WHO conspiracy to get rid of that charmer Donald

HOLA4424
1 hour ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Funnily enough this is pretty close to how i eat.

I took a dislike to the vegetable oils as you describe as a kid, always preferring olive oil, coconut and Avocado.

It may have been those stupid Stork Margarine and Flora ads that were on when i was a kid, they made me take an instant dislike to the products and never ate anything like it again.

I could tell it was BS even age 7.

In fact they even admit to lying in the Ad, and the name S.B. could be BS backwards!

cooking in olive oil is fine for most meditteranean dishes,but it doesn't cope well with high temperature cooking like frying.

if you are feeling adventurous then have an aperitif of some homemade bread(you know where everything comes from) dipped in a bowl of olive oil+balsamic vinegar...really tasty if you get a good quality olive oil.cold pressed is a must.

same with salsa dips, made with olive oil and half a fresh lemon or lime squeezed into the dip is gorgeous.

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, oracle said:

cooking in olive oil is fine for most meditteranean dishes,but it doesn't cope well with high temperature cooking like frying.

if you are feeling adventurous then have an aperitif of some homemade bread(you know where everything comes from) dipped in a bowl of olive oil+balsamic vinegar...really tasty if you get a good quality olive oil.cold pressed is a must.

same with salsa dips, made with olive oil and half a fresh lemon or lime squeezed into the dip is gorgeous.

for the mexican fans, home made guacamole like this is brilliant.