House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441
56 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Have to agree with BB here. If you refuse the vax or don't mask up then the NHS should have a right to refuse you treatment if you catch Covid. 

And what about smokers? IF they refuse to heed warnings and restrictions, continue to smoke and get lung cancer - you happy to deprive them of treatment too? Let's see you try and square that circle!

Edited by anonguest

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
6 minutes ago, anonguest said:

And what about smokers? IF they refuse to heed warnings and restrictions, continue to smoke and get lung cancer - you happy to deprive them of treatment too? Let's see you try and square that circle!

Actually, that would have some benefit for smokers. No treatment would mean less cost to the NHS so tobacco tax could be reduced and cigarettes would be cheaper. 

HOLA443
5 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Actually, that would have some benefit for smokers. No treatment would mean less cost to the NHS so tobacco tax could be reduced and cigarettes would be cheaper. 

Letting smokers die, by barring them from treatment, would be a benefit to them?  Say what?!

Say What.jpg

IF we apply the same logic then letting cr*p car drivers die from their car crash injuries would be a benefit to them too presumably? Since they wouldn't have to pay high insurance costs subsequently!

Edited by anonguest

HOLA444
14 minutes ago, anonguest said:

IF we apply the same logic then letting cr*p car drivers die from their car crash injuries would be a benefit to them too presumably? Since they wouldn't have to pay high insurance costs subsequently!

If the car manufacturer isn't liable for any safety issues, or protection effectiveness in such circumstance of a crash, this would more likely be the case. If you die, it's on you, regardless of what extent it truly is between you or the car.

Blaming other people who didn't get a car would be the next logical step.

I said car I think I meant vaccine. Sorry.

Edited by Arpeggio

HOLA445
9 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Letting smokers die, by barring them from treatment, would be a benefit to them?  Say what?!

Say What.jpg

We could privatise the NHS and people could choose their level of cover and exclusions.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
3 hours ago, FallingAwake said:

The insinuation being, the unvaccinated are stupid? Thanks 👍

I'm still waiting for the large scale trials to end. 3-5 years of trillions of mRNA spike proteins being injected into you every 6 months should give us some interesting scientific data to work with, from which I can make an informed decision about the safety of the vaccine.

And have you come to an informed decision about the safety of the virus?

HOLA449
5 hours ago, FallingAwake said:

I don't think he's lost sight of it. Based on his posts, I think he embraces it. Boots may be stomped on people's faces as much as necessary, to achieve ZeroCovid(tm).

Why should more people get sick, more people die and the entire country spend more time in fecking lockdown to entertain infantile freedom fantasies ? :)

HOLA4410
7 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Incorrect. Until some level of herd immunity is obtained it's about getting back to the 'new normal'. Which is why I've always said that masks, vaccines, and vax-passports are the sweetspot of compromise for all. 

Vaccine passports for awbryray activities aren’t a sweet spot of anything.  They are a jackboot stamping on the throat of human freedoms!

Why should young people need to prove that they are vaccinated against something that doesn’t harm them in order to mix with other young people? Unacceptable. 

HOLA4411
18 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Vaccine passports for awbryray activities aren’t a sweet spot of anything.  They are a jackboot stamping on the throat of human freedoms!

Why should young people need to prove that they are vaccinated against something that doesn’t harm them in order to mix with other young people? Unacceptable. 

Spot on. 

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

Just now, GeneCernan said:

Spot on. 

You express similar views as most vaccinated people I know. Once a vaccine passport is implemented for 3 weeks just to flatten the curve (joke), this doesn't mean that a 3rd, 4th etc. jab won't also be part of this simply because that many more jabs won't be needed as the pandemic is dealt with. 3rd, 4th etc. jabs will also be part of this because you have then got yourself into a system where you no longer have any choice. Not that this isn't obvious to you anyway.

Getting a 3rd is now being presented as a condition of your freedom also; Get vaccine booster jab now to avoid return of Christmas restrictions, warns Sajid Javid

I figure that what is really going on will be obvious to most people by Spring / Summer 2022. If people haven't woken up by then, they might never. This is one argument as to why things will get intense this winter due to the window of opportunity.

2 hours ago, FallingAwake said:

Your 5 month bible prophecy Covid vaccine booster wait could be cut to five months

HOLA4413
7 minutes ago, pig said:

Why should more people get sick, more people die and the entire country spend more time in fecking lockdown to entertain infantile freedom fantasies ? :)

There's nothing infantile about desiring freedom and liberty.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4414
13 hours ago, anonguest said:

At least they admit to a problem and people dying, etc. Unlike the Chinese figures. they may not be as accurate as they need be but at least give some sense of what is happening.

Really? I don't recall that. But please provide a link to affirm that claim. Happy to be corrected.

They were, as far as I recall from news reports, acknowledging the virus, the dangers and deaths. Data was coming out of Russia to allow the various foreign based data publishing websites to present charts/figures.

You might be thinking of North Korea or such like.

You could make the same claim to almost any country, including the UK.  There are still those disputing how many true Covid cases we actually have had here.  So either it is a case of under-reporting true cases or over-reporting.

They are a fiction, not even vaguely consistent with Russia's own overall mortality statistics. Oh and doctors who raised concerns about the accuracy of the government stats started accidentally falling out of windows, a pretty effective way of discouraging whistle blowers.  

What is it about antivaxxers that makes them (you) so gullible to the figures produced by thuggish regimes. I recall sailor boy going on about how wonderfully well things were going in Belarus, ignoring that doctors who reported Covid deaths quickly found themselves looking for alternative employment.     

HOLA4415

URGENT: Covid vaccines will keep you from acquiring full immunity EVEN IF YOU ARE INFECTED AND RECOVER
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urgent-covid-vaccines-will-keep-you

Former New York Times journalist, Alex Berenson.

"Don’t take it from me, I don’t even get to tweet anymore.

Take it from a little place I call the British government. Which admitted today, in its newest vaccine surveillance report, that:

“N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who acquire infection following two doses of vaccination.” (Page 23)"

Oh dear. Not good.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
25 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Technically it's John's bible prophecy. I'm not that old ;)

But yeah, the Fifth Trumpet is looking like a nicer fit every day.

"HYPOTHESIS: The "fifth trumpet" of Revelation 9:1-11 is a symbolic description of the coronavirus pandemic and the worldwide vaccination campaign that followed."
https://txti.es/fifthtrumpet

384px-Scorpion_stinger_(6843066603).jpg

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
59 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

Because it’s not just about them. That’s pretty obvious really and not sure why that needs pointed out. 🤷🏻‍♂️

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

They are a fiction, not even vaguely consistent with Russia's own overall mortality statistics. Oh and doctors who raised concerns about the accuracy of the government stats started accidentally falling out of windows, a pretty effective way of discouraging whistle blowers.  

What is it about antivaxxers that makes them (you) so gullible to the figures produced by thuggish regimes. I recall sailor boy going on about how wonderfully well things were going in Belarus, ignoring that doctors who reported Covid deaths quickly found themselves looking for alternative employment.     

Why is that IF anyone dares to question the official narrative, in the even the slightest way, people such as yourself automatically assume they must be anti-vax.  IF you have followed any of my posts to any reasonable length then you will know that I have had both my jabs thank you very much.

I'd still like to see at least one reputable newspaper/media report referring to these grotesque stories (e.g. doctors 'falling' out of windows, etc). As for doctors suddenly being out of a job for reporting true figures.....how is that much different from, say, the treatment and de facto censorship of reputable doctors/scientists in the West who have made even the slightest criticisms of Covid policies/vaccines/etc. ?

I also said I don't doubt that the Russian official figures may be off the mark BUT, unlike China, at least they report figures that reflect and acknowledge a problem.

Edited by anonguest

HOLA4422
5 hours ago, Dr Doom said:

Is it possible she meant the other way around ? Those pesky government statistics seem to suggest the exact opposite. 

No she has it the right way round.

Maybe you could try getting your information from sources like the ONS rather than  Joe Rogan🤣😅😁 

NB His guest was parroting anti vax BS based on what I assume is a deliberate miscommunication of quite simple figures  You can see the data here, I assume you will be able to spot why that report was the usual misleading BS.   

COVID-19 vaccine surveillance report - week 38 (publishing.service.gov.uk)

HOLA4423
34 minutes ago, FallingAwake said:

URGENT: Covid vaccines will keep you from acquiring full immunity EVEN IF YOU ARE INFECTED AND RECOVER
https://alexberenson.substack.com/p/urgent-covid-vaccines-will-keep-you

Former New York Times journalist, Alex Berenson.

"Don’t take it from me, I don’t even get to tweet anymore.

Take it from a little place I call the British government. Which admitted today, in its newest vaccine surveillance report, that:

“N antibody levels appear to be lower in people who acquire infection following two doses of vaccination.” (Page 23)"

Oh dear. Not good.

Hardly surprising as post infection antibody levels tend to reflect the seriousness of the infection. 

Taking your point to the extreme, do you think a 100% effective vaccine would be a bad thing as you wouldn't produce any antibodies.  

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
2 hours ago, Drat said:

And have you come to an informed decision about the safety of the virus?

It's a fair question.

At least the virus is fairly predictable. The people who are predominantly dying are the older age groups, and those with at least two comorbidities.

For my age group, and with no comorbidities, I consider myself to be pretty low risk, although I appreciate that viruses do what viruses do, so the risk is certainly not zero.

Your mileage (and other people's mileage) may vary.

The other good thing is, there probably are things we can do to lower risk, i.e. healthier diets, vitamins etc. I appreciate a vitamin doesn't kill a virus, but it probably helps if your body has the resources to fight it off.

Despite not being vaccinated myself, I'm kind of disappointed that the vaccines aren't that effective. It means we're going to be talking about coronavirus, boosters, lockdowns, masks, Schrodinger's vaccine passports etc for years, rather than it being done and dusted after 90% of people got the jabs.