House Price Crash Forum

Coronavirus - potential Black Swan?

HOLA441

11 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Ha haha the virus was there months before WHO issued warning.

But Xi tried to cover it up and it has blown on his face.

China has started to re-open. The deaths per million in China is 1% or less than the UK. Cost in the UK is going to me several times the cost to China. UK ignored China's+WHO  warnings and guidance on how to deal with COVID. Our PM is in hospital with COVID.

Who's got shit in their face now?

• Replies 58.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arpeggio

• Peter Hun

• Confusion of VIs

• Bruce Banner

HOLA442
HOLA443

Buried deep inside this Department of Health document  regarding preparations for epidemics and pandemics was this gem in a section referring to how government should spin announcements to the public. It was section 2 entitled "Behavioural Interventions" and points out how behavioural scientists recommend information be spun to the public.

"(vi) framing ambiguous messages negatively [e.g. 1 in 100 will develop disease; not 99 in 100 will not] 

Search as I might, there was no suggestion what emergency planning should be put in place, including having adequate emergency supplies to hand and plans for the beds to cope. Strange that..._

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA444
HOLA445
3 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

Buried deep inside this Department of Health document  regarding preparations for epidemics and pandemics was this gem in a section referring to how government should spin announcements to the public. It was section 2 entitled "Behavioural Interventions" and points out how behavioural scientists recommend information be spun to the public.

"(vi) framing ambiguous messages negatively [e.g. 1 in 100 will develop disease; not
99 in 100 will not]

Search as I might, there was no suggestion what emergency planning should be put in place, including having adequate emergency supplies to hand and plans for the beds to cope. Strange that..._

Could start here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pandemic-influenza-response-plan

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
36 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Didn't stop him screwing up. 

???Sure all planned by the same team as in charge of spreading it via 5g.

I suppose spreading repeated warnings giving us plenty of time to contain the spread was all part of their cunning plan.

LOL comical  

sue them or bomb them ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sue-china-for-coronavirus-outbreak-says-think-tank-bjgv0lf5r

HOLA449
29 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

See, you prove the point. China provided the information and ******wit idiots like you ignored it because it came from the Chinese.

Unfortunately the ******wit idiots were in charge of our government, including the biggest idiot of them all who is now in hospital because of COVID.

Our glorious leader. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
27 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

China has started to re-open. The deaths per million in China is 1% or less than the UK. Cost in the UK is going to me several times the cost to China. UK ignored China's+WHO  warnings and guidance on how to deal with COVID. Our PM is in hospital with COVID.

Who's got shit in their face now?

China silently burned many dead people. As usual, Chinese Xinhua gets orders from Vinny The Poo to report much less number. ?

HOLA4412
54 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

And what happens when we end lockdown, mix together and spread it again - particularly post autumn in November when the flu season starts again?

On that logic lockdown can never end until we vaccinate everyone who hasn’t had it - and we still aren’t of course certain people can’t catch it more than once!

A vaccine could take some time - maybe we won’t find one that works. Even the NHS can’t go on forever without an economy paying taxes to fund it?

Just not clear what the exit strategy is - beyond deferring the problem?

presumably the idea would be to defer the problem long enough to figure out the solution? Once you do the latter the lockdown is released.

HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

China silently burned many dead people.

That's a "conspiracy theory" ;)

Of course, sky high cremation emissions are from "medical waste"

Quite a callous way to refer to your deceased aunt I say.

14 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Our glorious leader. 

I have no particular love for BoJo, but even if you hate him his death would unleash chaos you cannot imagine.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

This discussion is proving very informative for the names I need to add to my ignore list due to their irrational hatred of anyone who doesn’t follow the same narrow political views they do. They are incapable of reasoned thinking.

The hatred is deep for BJ shocking these lot.  No empathy at all the guy has a wife with an unborn son. 

IF BJ croaks there will be chaos. 

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, Locke said:

I have no particular love for BoJo, but even if you hate him his death would unleash chaos you cannot imagine.

I have no opinion positive or negative opinion of BoJO but i do feel sorry for him, shaking hands with people in a Hospital is not the most sensible of things to do.

HOLA4418
5 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

This discussion is proving very informative for the names I need to add to my ignore list due to their irrational hatred of anyone who doesn’t follow the same narrow political views they do. They are incapable of reasoned thinking.

I cannot understand the penchant on this site for how many people use the ignore list.

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, simvastatin said:

I cannot understand the penchant on this site for how many people use the ignore list.

They cannot handle the bants. I am very civil to people and apparently get blocked quite a lot.

By the way, you aren't actually on statins are you?

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, Locke said:

That's a "conspiracy theory" ;)

Of course, sky high cremation emissions are from "medical waste"

Quite a callous way to refer to your deceased aunt I say.

I don’t hate him. I just think he’s a leader of thickos and not fit for office. Do you think he’s fit for office?

HOLA4421
22 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Yeah nothing like a circle-jerk echo chamber to confirm your biases. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
19 minutes ago, simvastatin said:

I have no opinion positive or negative opinion of BoJO but i do feel sorry for him, shaking hands with people in a Hospital is not the most sensible of things to do.

And what about the doctors and nurses he also shook hands with? He’s most likely passed the virus around in his stupidity. Remember he says he shook hands with everyone. Not just patients. 

HOLA4424
23 minutes ago, Locke said:

Not really. New leader will be elected after a vote of, still living, party members.

Bojo is hardly irreplaceable, look at the collection of goons who have replaced him at the daily briefing. Some have done a better job by far and an Eight Ball would have done a better job of responding to COVID .

18 minutes ago, longgone said:

IF BJ croaks there will be chaos. 

Yup, there will be riots of sunbathing everywhere, ramblers on the moors. It will be doomsday.

HOLA4425
16 minutes ago, Locke said:

They cannot handle the bants. I am very civil to people and apparently get blocked quite a lot.

By the way, you aren't actually on statins are you?

I think you do make people uncomfortable by making them think,  and this makes you unpopular,  these are very strange times, i think we are in for a big crash in the standard of living, like the end of empire.