HOLA441
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, LC1 said:

So clunky, it's horrendous to use. Slow like dial up. Lost all my previous thread activity. Circular avatar is fugly. Death knell for the forum?

Hope it's a theme setting, and perhaps easy for admins or mods to change back to square.  Or in CSS to change perhaps.

I notice other forums - if I'm right about the forum software source brand - who've moved to new version have had users critical of round avatars.  Think it's round by default.  Or perhaps we're on an even newer version since this was posted.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/388239-when-is-ipb-40/?do=findComment&comment=2461371

https://theadminzone.com/threads/ips-community-suite-4-0-0-beta-3-available.130073/page-2#post-944077

HOLA445
18 minutes ago, Venger said:

Think it's round by default.

I'm guessing it's based on the assumption that people would use photos of their heads, which are usually vaguely round in shape. Surely there are few forums where this is actually the case? None that I know of.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
4 hours ago, Venger said:

Hope it's a theme setting, and perhaps easy for admins or mods to change back to square.  Or in CSS to change perhaps.

I notice other forums - if I'm right about the forum software source brand - who've moved to new version have had users critical of round avatars.  Think it's round by default.  Or perhaps we're on an even newer version since this was posted.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/388239-when-is-ipb-40/?do=findComment&comment=2461371

https://theadminzone.com/threads/ips-community-suite-4-0-0-beta-3-available.130073/page-2#post-944077

They have the borders set to 45px. The avatar is 90px so it displays it in a circle. Probably just the default setting?

Border_zps7gczgkfs.gif

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
2 hours ago, XswampyX said:

They have the borders set to 45px. The avatar is 90px so it displays it in a circle. Probably just the default setting?

Good show!  So, top photo-shopping skills, and good source explanation for us at lower end of IT understanding.   + HPC forum as first tab on your toolbar. :)

So there is hope square avatars can return.  Bring back 90!  (when admins/mods have time, given probably lot of other optimising takes priority).

It's not a selfish thing for my own avatar or with any future avatar in mind - it's just even posts without a selected avatar (default_photo.png) are bugging me with their cheery small social-media feeling roundness, when nearly all else on HPC forum flows with square and rectangles.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

You just have to make it small enough to fit inside the circle...

:lol:

Would not be able to make out your cool Zed avatar at all if you had to shrink him down to square fit in the circle. :)

HOLA4414
3 hours ago, Venger said:

Good show!  So, top photo-shopping skills, and good source explanation for us at lower end of IT understanding.   + HPC forum as first tab on your toolbar. :)

So there is hope square avatars can return.  Bring back 90!  (when admins/mods have time, given probably lot of other optimising takes priority).

It's not a selfish thing for my own avatar or with any future avatar in mind - it's just even posts without a selected avatar (default_photo.png) are bugging me with their cheery small social-media feeling roundness, when nearly all else on HPC forum flows with square and rectangles.

F**king A. :)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I do not like the changes...too much like hard work, can no longer see who is viewing each topic....do not like the way it is made so difficult and time consuming to switch between main and off topic subjects....not a change for the better IMO......lots of new places to go and new people to meet. ;)

HOLA4418
12 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

How do you delete a quote

I quote someone, then think better of it, but cannot delete the entire quote and it stays in my reply box even when I leave the page and reload it

I'm  'locked out ' of posting on a thread, as I can't get rid of my previous quote

hope that makes some kind of sense!

Put the mouse over the Quote title. In your quote it's "12 hours ago, knock out johnny said:"

Hold 'ctrl & right click'

Ohhh! a hidden menu!

Menu_Hide_zpsmcpwgzu7.jpg

HOLA4419
On 30/09/2016 at 11:41 AM, LC1 said:

So clunky, it's horrendous to use. Slow like dial up. Lost all my previous thread activity. Circular avatar is fugly. Death knell for the forum?

Round avatars seem to be part of the current godawful trend in user interfaces, alas.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I doubt the mods are following this thread but if you are...  I have no major issue with the new snow-blindness inducing colour scheme,  but could we have the button back where you can choose to navigate to the regular page from the mobile page again?

I hate the mobile versions of most pages. At least before we had the choice.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Thanks XswampyX - re quotes.  Better than my getting cursor below quote field, then bashing backspace solution.

New forum had switched so many threads I put in Followed Content, from 'No-notification' - to -  'Send an email when new content is posted.'  Had 8 HPC emails in a row.

If you have that issue, you can change it back to 'No-notification', in Managed Followed Content. 

Select 'All' and an option window floats up at bottom of the screen, with a bell to click for notification options, and you can switch to no-notify in bulk.

HOLA4425

Archived