House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

Whats this then?

I'm hoping the mobile version automatically positions me at the place where I was last reading in each thread (as before), otherwise it's going to make things extremely difficult following discussions if the only option is to go to the newest post.

Tiny writing in a sea of white. Why does everybody keep doing this? I know all the designers think it looks nice, but I can't see jack shit and It makes the site pretty damn difficult to use. Does anybody knows how to make the text bigger?

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Tiny writing in a sea of white. Why does everybody keep doing this? I know all the designers think it looks nice, but I can't see jack shit and It makes the site pretty damn difficult to use. Does anybody knows how to make the text bigger?

Get a bigger monitor?

Just now, SpectrumFX said:

Navigation seems poor. I liked the button in the top right that viewed latest posts, no matter the forum. Seems to have gone. 

But I do like that I can now change font/bold/italics and just going to test whether I can insert smilies. 

:mellow: :huh: :o :)  yep looks like that now works on crapple :lol:

Navigation should be one of the most important considerations.

Another forum I read had that drawback after an upgrade, and I noticed a drop in posting frequency as a consequence.

I'm getting used to it, but sure the future looks bright if I continue to read this forum. Already getting a headache. But, that might be due to the lack of navigation built into the new site. :blink:. Like that emoticons work with crapple now :lol:. See, I'm going to overuse these now

I need it to take me straight to the last post in a thread that I was reading previously, but it looks like the only option now is to go to the newest post. That is a really backward step in usability. That is my most important forum feature each time an upgrade happens. New posts will lose their context without me continuing from where I last left off.

1 minute ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Tell me about it. Not just me (and you) then?

Oohh like the notification at the top of the page. It informed me that you had responded to my post 

27 minutes ago, CunningPlan said:

Get a bigger monitor?

I'm on an android phone, though I may only be visiting the site on my computer the future, as there "new look" has crashed my phone 4 times while trying to respond to your post.

It was also painfully slow. I've switched from adblock browser to chrome, which has sorted out the speed problems.

12 minutes ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Horrible. A continuation of a dumbing down of the internet to suit the lowest common denominator - mobile tards.

+ 1

Seems significantly less usable to me so far.

2 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

I'm on an android phone, though I may only be visiting the site on my computer the future, as there "new look" has crashed my phone 4 times while trying to respond to your post.

It was also painfully slow. I've switched from adblock browser to chrome, which has sorted out the speed problems.

Your post also didn't show up above mine (from my perspective, when I posted it) until after I had actively refreshed the page, so just a heads up to all that just because no new posts are showing between the last one that you read and your own that doesn't mean that they aren't actually there.