House Price Crash Forum

Whats this then?

shindigger

HOLA441
1 hour ago, One-percent said:

My avatar looked better round :lol:

You really are in the 1%. ;)

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

What a relief!  I seem to be a bit blurred though...

Your original image seems to be 74 x 90 pixels, so I think its been strecthed a bit for display seems to be 100x100.   

After all this time I've only just noticed teh custom tweak to your own image. :)  Completes the outfit though. :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
5 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Outed. In order to persuade you to keep it under your hat, would you like to join me on my super yacht for gin and tonic?

Thanks but even the good life can't tempt me atm, for my mind is on finishing a new HPC tribute T-shirt this evening (Really am).  Going to switch my avatar for it, if it turns out right.  3 stage fade market-weary design.

HOLA444
25 minutes ago, Venger said:

Your original image seems to be 74 x 90 pixels, so I think its been strecthed a bit for display seems to be 100x100.   

After all this time I've only just noticed teh custom tweak to your own image. :)  Completes the outfit though. :)

I think it must have automatically re-resized a cropped and resized version of my original upload.  It took me a while to find out how to change it on the current site, but now you get a very fancy interface for cropping uploaded profile photos to a square...

HOLA445
3 minutes ago, Venger said:

Thanks but even the good life can't tempt me atm, for my mind is on finishing a new HPC tribute T-shirt this evening (Really am).  Going to switch my avatar for it, if it turns out right.  3 stage fade market-weary design.

Bring your screen printing gear with you. Promise you won't end up the same as captain bob

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
12 hours ago, Venger said:

Is that you in your avatar then?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
11 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Is it my imagination or is the forum much better today? Much faster and no dropouts so far.

Similar experience from my end Brucie - teething-problems finally seem to be getting sorted.

XYY

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

Is it my imagination or is the forum much better today? Much faster and no dropouts so far.

Pressing back is still more sluggish than I'd like (shouldn't depend upon the server end at all) but it's definitely improved.

HOLA4416
12 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Is that you in your avatar then?

No!  It's a renter-saver, and we made that T-shirt together alongside kids, but it's a girly shirt and she looked better in it.  I planned to wear a new design HPC tribute T-shirt for a new pic/avatar and out-and-about, but the design process was a massive fail this time.  Gone into the bin.  Link to T-shirt fail:ph34r:

HOLA4417
6 minutes ago, Venger said:

No!  It's a renter-saver, and we made that T-shirt together alongside kids, but it's a girly shirt and she looked better in it.  I planned to wear a new design HPC tribute T-shirt for a new pic/avatar and out-and-about, but the design process was a massive fail this time.  Gone into the bin.  Link to T-shirt fail:ph34r:

I think that looks ok venger. Why are you not happy with it other than you think,the font is too large?

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, One-percent said:

I think that looks ok venger. Why are you not happy with it other than you think,the font is too large?

Thanks One_percent, but it's just not right at all... it's just a big fail vs the 'look' / actual theme I was going for.  

Was going for a combo tribute HPC T-shirt, and, tribute Faith (Slayer) shirt.  (Faith: Damaged, violent and unpredictable) - didn't get it this time, but going to reattempt for fun in near future.

ujds64r7aungbouoqrcr_thumb.jpg

hexvi0t61ueewbcti6nw_thumb.jpg

That guy on the left, hassling her, gets dealt with in this scene.  Oh well.  Totally o/t sorry.

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Venger said:

Thanks One_percent, but it's just not right at all... it's just a big fail vs the 'look' / actual theme I was going for.  

Was going for a combo tribute HPC T-shirt, and, tribute Faith (Slayer) shirt.  (Faith: Damaged, violent and unpredictable) - didn't get it this time, but going to reattempt for fun in near future.

ujds64r7aungbouoqrcr_thumb.jpg

hexvi0t61ueewbcti6nw_thumb.jpg

That guy on the left, hassling her, gets dealt with in this scene.  Oh well.  Totally o/t sorry.

You creative types lol. I thought it looked fine. Post your next try

HOLA4420
10 hours ago, Venger said:

Wow, when you start talking about a "three stage fade" then I appreciate the depths of my ignorance of the subject.

I can see what you're trying to achieve with that 62 t-shirt; now that would look excellent.

HOLA4421

Why oh why when I try to quote a particular post, the forum randomly chooses an alternative post. Just tried to quote spy and ended up with a quote from durhamborn. I don't mind per se as I agree with his sensible POV, but really, I am old enough to decide who to quote.

started last night with this strange behaviour 

HOLA4422
On 10/8/2016 at 9:57 PM, One-percent said:

I thought it looked fine. Post your next try

...Well only because you told me to..... :)

On 10/9/2016 at 8:13 AM, Frank Hovis said:

I can see what you're trying to achieve with that 62 t-shirt; 

2nd attempt was better, using much superior products than 1st attempt (so ridiculously gaudy!), but also a fail, and so went in the bin.  

3rd try, immediately after 2nd attempt, was with a girly shirt, and still didn't go to plan, but best attempt yet, and is going to be kept and worn.  That's code for not willing to give me any more white girl shirts to the cause.   Also was the try where we realised just what to do next time to get closer to the effect we wanted, when come to do my own hpc tribute shirt (for fun).   Pic below; Just come out of its 3rd wash cycle, so needs to dry.  Lighter colours when dry.

jjjpe32xa057n60in8ud_thumb.jpg

Forum is running super smooth.  I like it.  Like the new avatar as well Scunnered. :)

HOLA4423

I kind of miss my "signature" not appearing on the end of all my posts.

The main forum's  ERIC "LIAR-LOANS" PEBBLE must be devastated...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4424
On 11/10/2016 at 6:17 AM, Venger said:

...Well only because you told me to..... :)

2nd attempt was better, using much superior products than 1st attempt (so ridiculously gaudy!), but also a fail, and so went in the bin.  

3rd try, immediately after 2nd attempt, was with a girly shirt, and still didn't go to plan, but best attempt yet, and is going to be kept and worn.  That's code for not willing to give me any more white girl shirts to the cause.   Also was the try where we realised just what to do next time to get closer to the effect we wanted, when come to do my own hpc tribute shirt (for fun).   Pic below; Just come out of its 3rd wash cycle, so needs to dry.  Lighter colours when dry.

jjjpe32xa057n60in8ud_thumb.jpg

Forum is running super smooth.  I like it.  Like the new avatar as well Scunnered. :)

My sister used to go round the festivals selling handmade  tiedyed harem pants/trousers.

I wish she did a more respectable job, like selling heroin to under aged kids.

HOLA4425
On 09/10/2016 at 0:15 PM, One-percent said:

Why oh why when I try to quote a particular post, the forum randomly chooses an alternative post. Just tried to quote spy and ended up with a quote from durhamborn. I don't mind per se as I agree with his sensible POV, but really, I am old enough to decide who to quote.

started last night with this strange behaviour 

I've had that as well.  I think it happened when I started to reply to someone (including a quote) then decided I couldn't be bothered.  The next time I made a post, the quote from the abandoned post appeared unexpectedly.

Also, things seem to have been very slow again over the last couple of days.

Archived