House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
1 hour ago, dances with sheeple said:

How are you going to pull it off this time, tactical voting again, or just go for the landslide majority?

How will it be pulled off? That would be down to the leavers. It all depends on the success or failure of Brexit. Failure will ensure a turn around....people may have voted to leave ...but they did not vote to make their lives worse. Tick tock....no excuses...

HOLA442
2 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

How are you going to pull it off this time, tactical voting again, or just go for the landslide majority?

Tactical voting, as I've said before, was a last ditch attempt to prevent a Tory majority in what was always a gamed election.

When the man in the street starts repeating "Get in there" or whatever the Rejoin slogan is, it will be time for another referendum. 

HOLA443
2 hours ago, dances with sheeple said:

People were brainwashed...and they didn`t know what they were voting for......?

You only had to listen to what the 'man is the street' said when asked why they were voting Tory....

"To get Brexit done" or "To take back control".... It's all about slogans, the shorter the better.

HOLA444
5 hours ago, longgone said:

But why would your average pleb feel inclined to rejoin when their standard of living is not influenced by the EU?  And even if it was do you think the same leaver thickos will suddenly gain brain cells and decide to put two and two together. 

How will they decide it was leaving that was the cause leavers are thick ???

Finally we agree on something. 

HOLA445
29 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Finally we agree on something. 

i would still leave though.  seriously though all this mumbo jumbo about rejoining in the same breath as not trusting the current flock unable to take any responsibility, how will the plebs ever know leaving the eu was the precipice ? they were too stupid to begin with. 

uk will never rejoin not in this generation anyway.  30-40 years maybe. 

HOLA446
10 hours ago, slawek said:

You forget that the majority didn't vote for Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

Lest we forget.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA447
8 hours ago, longgone said:

uk will never rejoin not in this generation anyway.  30-40 years maybe.

30-40 years sounds fair, democratic, and sensible.

Fair, as the last vote was that long ago (although the people then definitely did not know what they eventually voted for)

Democratic, as something of this magnitude should be allowed to show what was right or wrong with it. I am only one vote though, and so the majority might require something different. Maybe, much much longer

Sensible. Do we really want what has happened over the past 3.5 years to happen every 5 years or even 10?!?! Even with BB's Punishment Rejoin (closest integration, with Euro, Schengen, DFK, OWO, A level, etc) then it'll just make it even more expensive and long winded to unwind the nonsense when the result of the vote is (eventually) enacted

HOLA448
HOLA449
16 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

The sooner we leave, the sooner the voters will learn what a bad decision they made and we can hold a referendum to rejoin the EU with the closest possible integration, including the Euro and Schengen.

I suggested this a month ago and was told I was barking. Welcome to the club.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
1 minute ago, Bruce Banner said:

Then I doubt it was me that said you were 'barking'.

I've been saying for a long time that the only silver lining, in the dark cloud that is Brexit, is the possibility that joining the Euro and Schengen would be a condition of allowing us back in.

No it wasn't you; I wasn't suggesting that. I agree with you if you take this stance that the sooner we're out the sooner we fail and the sooner we rejoin.

HOLA4414
55 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Which proves that the majority didn't vote for Brexit.

<sigh> The majority of what total are you looking at? Or is it an issue with the definition of Brexit? Or some other reason that 52% is lower than 48%? Or is this more of an existential question around what can actually be "proved", if anything, ever.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, Huggy said:

<sigh> The majority of what total are you looking at? Or is it an issue with the definition of Brexit? Or some other reason that 52% is lower than 48%? Or is this more of an existential question around what can actually be "proved", if anything, ever.

The majority of the people did not vote to leave the EU in the 2016 Brexit referendum..... Fact.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

The majority of the people did not vote to leave the EU in the 2016 Brexit referendum..... Fact.

I'll assume you're referring to the total population of the UK as the denominator then.

OK, but the majority didn't vote Remain either, by a larger majority. What now? If the Fact above is important, what should then happen?

The logical next step would be that you have to get c35m of the population of the UK, including babies, to enact any referendum decision? Therefore >50% of The Population's vote is needed.

Do you agree with this for the Rejoin referendum, if there is one?

HOLA4419

?

I thought as much...

I'd feel hard done by if this was a cake and I got that blue slice ?

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Huggy said:

30-40 years sounds fair, democratic, and sensible.

Fair, as the last vote was that long ago (although the people then definitely did not know what they eventually voted for)

Democratic, as something of this magnitude should be allowed to show what was right or wrong with it. I am only one vote though, and so the majority might require something different. Maybe, much much longer

Sensible. Do we really want what has happened over the past 3.5 years to happen every 5 years or even 10?!?! Even with BB's Punishment Rejoin (closest integration, with Euro, Schengen, DFK, OWO, A level, etc) then it'll just make it even more expensive and long winded to unwind the nonsense when the result of the vote is (eventually) enacted

Exactly the procedure is more damaging than the result.

At least a generation to wait. Those wolfs keep a howling.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
1 minute ago, Huggy said:

?

I thought as much...

You were arguing that the majority voted to leave the EU, which they didn't.

Had you argued that the majority who voted in the 2016 referendum voted to leave the EU, I would have agreed with you.

Although I would argue that the referendum was gamed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnt_DaXURqgnyM3Wafg6C2_EU-referendum.jpg

HOLA4423
14 minutes ago, Huggy said:

?

I thought as much...

Grey cake yuk. And I wouldn’t want the yellow part that Leaver elites had p1ssed on. 

HOLA4424
24 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

You were arguing that the majority voted to leave the EU, which they didn't.

Had you argued that the majority who voted in the 2016 referendum voted to leave the EU, I would have agreed with you.

Although I would argue that the referendum was gamed.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnt_DaXURqgnyM3Wafg6C2_EU-referendum.jpg

A little picky I think. As was mentioned, the non-voters in the grey sections don't matter, and their opinions count for zero.

However, I will hereby announce that in relation to the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, commonly known as the EU referendum, and to the subsequent events leading up to the potential withdrawal on the 31st January 2020, and any further events in relation to this decision, any mention of the word 'majority' by the contributor 'Huggy' on the forum of www.housepricecrash.co.uk refers to the proportion of voters who cast a ballot in said referendum, and who cast a vote that led to a majority, and does not refer to the number of registered voters, population of England, the UK, the EU, the World, nor every human being who has ever lived, is living, and will live.

I'd also say it would be difficult to argue the referendum was not gamed by every person in it. Every single one of the lying feckers. While my opinions might fall on the same side as Boris, Nige, Dom, JRM for now, I wouldn't be comfortable lending a tenner to them. Then again, those obstructive Remainer ex-politicians do make me growl at the TV like a dog the rare times I see them now, and so I guess the former list are the best of a bad bunch, for now....

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4425
19 minutes ago, Huggy said:

A little picky I think. As was mentioned, the non-voters in the grey sections don't matter, and their opinions count for zero.

However, I will hereby announce that in relation to the 2016 United Kingdom European Union membership referendum, commonly known as the EU referendum, and to the subsequent events leading up to the potential withdrawal on the 31st January 2020, and any further events in relation to this decision, any mention of the word 'majority' by the contributor 'Huggy' on the forum of www.housepricecrash.co.uk refers to the proportion of voters who cast a ballot in said referendum, and who cast a vote that led to a majority, and does not refer to the number of registered voters, population of England, the UK, the EU, the World, nor every human being who has ever lived, is living, and will live.

I'd also say it would be difficult to argue the referendum was not gamed by every person in it. Every single one of the lying feckers. While my opinions might fall on the same side as Boris, Nige, Dom, JRM for now, I wouldn't be comfortable lending a tenner to them. Then again, those obstructive Remainer ex-politicians do make me growl at the TV like a dog the rare times I see them now, and so I guess the former list are the best of a bad bunch, for now....

:rolleyes:

It's history now, time to accept it and move on.

Time to move on and get behind the, soon to be announced, campaign to rejoin the EU, hopefully it will include the Euro and Schengen.

Euro_Series_Banknotes_(2019).jpgschengen-693485.jpg

Edited by Bruce Banner