House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
13 minutes ago, Andy T said:

What a dork he is for coming out with a statement like that.

These people are supposed to be our leaders yet they can't maintain professionalism or lead by example. He's lashing out because he's worrying about his own paypacket/pension/cosy existence - pathetic.

LMAO I can't believe this has kicked off.

One of the most uncontroversial statement in this whole sh1t show and the result ?

....Brexiters immediately start lying about it :)

HOLA442
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47144762

We can't even afford a paltry £650k to keep Ramsgate open for a hard Brexit........:rolleyes:...this is going to be hairy'larious. :D..... 

Funny, I am sure someone said people voted for a 'blank cheque' for Brexit........must have dreamt it....

Only a complete thicko would believe that giving a blank cheque to a bunch of idiots with no plan is a good idea. Imagine walking into the bank demanding a blank cheque with no business plan. 

HOLA443
20 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Well this fecks the ERG and DUP's cunning plan. It just gets funnier and funnier.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/brexit-uk-told-to-uphold-belfast-agreement-if-it-wants-us-trade-deal-1.3785317

...it's looking like a full fat BRINO is baked in..... all the benefits and none of the say......deeee-licious!

It's Brexit ......but it tastes just like Remain :rolleyes: 

I can't believe it's not Remain :lol:

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA444
14 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Irrelevant.

It successfully delivered on time.

4 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Only a complete thicko would believe that giving a blank cheque to a bunch of idiots with no plan is a good idea. Imagine walking into the bank demanding a blank cheque with no business plan. 

Apparently... there are lots of thicko's about who think precisely this.

HOLA445
1 minute ago, Dave Beans said:

I do find Varoufakis to have slightly strange views of the EU/Brexit....He's constantly slating the EU, but then he thinks that the UK are "mad" to leave..Perhaps he thinks he can be the main voice of change...

Essentially he comes across as not taking 'sides'. Happy to slag off or commend depending on merit or demerit.

He comes across as a realist not a bigot.

HOLA446
HOLA447
13 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

<EDIT>

Someone had to , the Leavers had their chance but proved they weren't up to the job.

Well make your mind up.  Either the leavers ran away OR they were given a chance and got removed later.  Which is it?

Anyhow I don't believe true leavers were given a fair chance.  it is clear that Davis for example was under the control of the PM.  The reason he left is because he was instructed to do things he thought were a bad idea.

HOLA448
24 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Well this fecks the ERG and DUP's cunning plan. It just gets funnier and funnier.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/brexit-uk-told-to-uphold-belfast-agreement-if-it-wants-us-trade-deal-1.3785317

Interesting angle isn't it ?

For the life of me I can't figure out where the Trump/Irish Lobby/English speaking base in Europe chips are going to fall.

HOLA449
14 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

I do find Varoufakis to have slightly strange views of the EU/Brexit....He's constantly slating the EU, but then he thinks that the UK are "mad" to leave..Perhaps he thinks he can be the main voice of change...

I think he is sympathetic to the anti EU cause. But does not agree that brexit is the solution. Many EU members will miss the UK counterbalance to the Franco-German alliance.

HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, kzb said:

Well make your mind up.  Either the leavers ran away OR they were given a chance and got removed later.  Which is it?

Anyhow I don't believe true leavers were given a fair chance.  it is clear that Davis for example was under the control of the PM.  The reason he left is because he was instructed to do things he thought were a bad idea.

This is the same DD who thought the UK could do an FTA with Germany?  ...and that when the UK has left, we will have the exact same benefits as we have now?

Edited by Dave Beans

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
47 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

No, we would not be in the same position. It would have made sense to mandate an actual Brexit proposal BEFORE the referendum. We'd have realised that there is little agreement for any actual Brexit proposal....and if by miracle there had been agreement on one proposal then this should have been put to the people. Instead we went about the whole process cart before horse..... big difference....big mistake.

Suppose we had done what you suggest (It would have made sense to mandate an actual Brexit proposal BEFORE the referendum) what grounds could you possibly have for supposing that that proposal would be acceptable to the EU?

In fact if you think about it your proposal is utter madness because it would bind the government to a set negotiating position with very little flexibility and would almost guarantee failure, which of course, to be fair, is what you actually wanted in the first place.

HOLA4413
6 minutes ago, pig said:

For the life of me I can't figure out where the Trump/Irish Lobby/English speaking base in Europe chips are going to fall.

Well Pig, thinking about your though bubble. Nor do I.

All we know is they will fall ... and hard.

Makes all those secret visits to the USA by the 'leading' Brexiters a bit of a conundrum doesn't it?

HOLA4414
26 minutes ago, pig said:

LMAO I can't believe this has kicked off.

One of the most uncontroversial statement in this whole sh1t show and the result ?

....Brexiters immediately start lying about it :)

That sort of language from a figure in such a position is not at all uncontroversial.

Expressing the general sentiment about a lack of planning (although as I've said earlier it wilfully overlooks that it's a situation where no meaningful plans could be made in advance) is one thing - it would still be stupidly undiplomatic from someone in that position (most equally stupid comments from the British parliament have come from less significant, even if not less visible, quarters), but it speaks volumes about people who can't grasp the difference between genuine criticism, no matter how undiplomatic and cutting, and talking of a place in hell. It's unbelievably unprofessional. If you (generic, not directing this at you personally) can't condemn such language, even if you agree with the sentiment that those people are a problem, you're not yet ready to leave the playground and talk with the grown ups, and no better than those who cheer on Farage's embarrassing childish slurs, claiming he's speaking the truth with them.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47144762

We can't even afford a paltry £650k to keep Ramsgate open for a hard Brexit........:rolleyes:...this is going to be hairy'larious. :D..... 

Funny, I am sure someone said people voted for a 'blank cheque' for Brexit........must have dreamt it....

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
9 minutes ago, Dave Beans said:

This is the same DD who thought the UK could do an FTA with Germany?  ...and that when the UK has left, we will have the exact same benefits as we have now?

If any records are ever released in 30 years time, we won't recognise it is the same story as given on the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation et al.

HOLA4418
20 minutes ago, pig said:

Essentially he comes across as not taking 'sides'. Happy to slag off or commend depending on merit or demerit.

He comes across as a realist not a bigot.

Varoufakis likes the EU but not as it is now. He believes the EU can be reformed and made to work for everybody not just the Germans.

HOLA4419
28 minutes ago, pig said:

from the news bulletin I saw they where taking the incorrect angle that the UK was not going to respect the GF agreement.

Two separate legal challenges from the uk (Trimble) and the Eu side deem the backstop to be illegal/cont to the GF agreement.

At this present time the most likely border in a ND scenario will be from the EU as they have 26 other states wanting that customs border.

It is really clear now the language and tactics are desperate to keep UK in a customs union no matter the cost.

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

Well Pig, thinking about your though bubble. Nor do I.

All we know is they will fall ... and hard.

Makes all those secret visits to the USA by the 'leading' Brexiters a bit of a conundrum doesn't it?

I would guess the US is like here.

You can go visit different senators and congressman and get different answers.

If the US government issues an official direct threat to the UK telling them they must not honor the democratic result and bow to the EU's demands I will take it more seriously.   

Edited by Fromage Frais

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, Andy T said:

What a dork he is for coming out with a statement like that.

These people are supposed to be our leaders yet they can't maintain professionalism or lead by example. He's lashing out because he's worrying about his own paypacket/pension/cosy existence - pathetic.

I think he is being a bit over-emotional.  But I don't find myself offended by his comments.  It's a natural reaction of someone having their worldview upset.

What we should be doing is jumping in with "Donald, it's OK, this is the plan".  But of course we are not.

HOLA4422
12 hours ago, tomandlu said:

Because the damn brexiters bailed. Do you disagree with that?

Yes I do disagree with that.   The negotiation was handled by Remainers, and not because every single Brexiter declined offers of the jobs.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
56 minutes ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

You're saying there was no road map, right? You mean Leave should have had something like this:

http://voteleavetakecontrol.org/briefing_newdeal.html

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

Apparently... there are lots of thicko's about who think precisely this.

There are even some thickos who confuse business planning with government planning ..... as if they are the same :D

Business deals with markets ..... governments distort markets.