House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
9 minutes ago, ccc said:

As expected. None of the usual suspects will reply to my point. Because they can't. Admission of failure. :D

What point? 

I never called you a xenophobe but you certainly seem socially conservative to me. Are your views that humans have "kinds" and we're better off if we mostly stick to our own "kind"?

I admit ccc, I haven't really followed your anti EU logic closely so I don't really know what you think. 

HOLA443
1 minute ago, dugsbody said:

What point? 

I never called you a xenophobe but you certainly seem socially conservative to me. Are your views that humans have "kinds" and we're better off if we mostly stick to our own "kind"?

I admit ccc, I haven't really followed your anti EU logic closely so I don't really know what you think. 

I'm just saying when I make a point on here the usual suspects think they can debate - I come back on and within 3 minutes I have about 5 notifications.

When it's a point that really can't be argued ? Silence. 

HOLA444
1 hour ago, ccc said:

Brexit related Xenophobia ? 

Fear and distrust of things deemed foreign ? 

I've probably visited more countries, spoken to more people , and been punched in the face by more "foreigners" than anybody on this entire site.

Describing me as a xenophobe is really just admitting you've lost the debate.

Thanks for the confirmation. Nice of you to share. :D

Did you deserve the punches? Just asking.

HOLA445
HOLA446
On 11/11/2017 at 5:56 PM, kzb said:

True cost of EU to the UK is £51 billion a year:

http://brexitpapers.uk/

Tax avoidance by multinationals taking profits from UK and routing through Netherlands, Ireland and Luxembourg costs £10bn a year in lost tax.

More controversially it is stated that EU migrants cost £30bn.

However I think the £10bn in lost tax is a good point.

Sorry Highyield, it was your uber-brethren....

HOLA447
2 hours ago, ccc said:

I've probably visited more countries, spoken to more people , and been punched in the face by more "foreigners" than anybody on this entire site.  Absolutely.  I do think of you as being the punch drunk piss sack.

Describing me as a xenophobe is really just admitting you've lost the debate. Ummm, no,describing you as this means we've analysed your comments and come to this conclusion.  I think you're a rabid xenophobe and racist to boot.

HTHBIDI

HOLA448
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, jonb2 said:

Both figures are wrong KZB

https://fullfact.org/europe/our-eu-membership-fee-55-million/

https://fullfact.org/economy/tax-avoidance-evasion-uk/

HMRC cuts is a real crime. I wonder why the little man gets it in the neck and the corporates get away with murder. Still, Brexit will sort that out /s.

As for the Brexit papers site reports - it's a pity they did not put the same efforts into planning the departure - don't ya think?

Yes I have to agree with the last sentence.

But this analysis includes things that are left out of the so-called fullfacts estimates.

Apparently, despite all the attention given to tax havens, the EU routes for tax avoidance are far bigger.  Strangely the BBC don't mention them.

HOLA449
1 hour ago, ccc said:

I'm just saying when I make a point on here the usual suspects think they can debate - I come back on and within 3 minutes I have about 5 notifications.

When it's a point that really can't be argued ? Silence. 

Do you know ccc, it would be easy to argue with you, if you had points, but you don't, all you have is rhetoric.  If you argue on fact, not rhetoric, you'll find several people willing to engage with you, but you never have, all you have is anti Eu rhetoric and an absolute maxim about the absolutes of languages which mark you out as simple.

Start being rational, start presenting arguments and people will take you more seriously.  However, as you are at the moment, you're a simple piss take.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4410
3 minutes ago, kzb said:

But this analysis includes things that are left out of the so-called fullfacts estimates.

Apparently, despite all the attention given to tax havens, the EU routes for tax avoidance are far bigger.  Strangely the BBC don't mention them.

Name them, please.  I'll look at them and come back after researching it.

So, please, name them.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4411
1 minute ago, kzb said:

Ireland is being tidied. But agree about the Netherlands and Luxembourg. I think you will find the Beeb have done a lot of docs on tax avoidance and how it works.

http://*******.com/yb6ph9hz

HOLA4412
2 hours ago, ccc said:

I've probably visited more countries, spoken to more people , and been punched in the face by more "foreigners" than anybody on this entire site.

10 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Do you know ccc, it would be easy to argue with you, if you had points, but you don't, all you have is rhetoric.  If you argue on fact, not rhetoric, you'll find several people willing to engage with you, but you never have, all you have is anti Eu rhetoric and an absolute maxim about the absolutes of languages which mark you out as simple.

Start being rational, start presenting arguments and people will take you more seriously.  However, as you are at the moment, you're a simple piss take.

You've not bothered to reply to my original point.

Which quite astoundingly proves the very point I was making.

Thanks. Quite beautiful.

HOLA4413
Just now, ccc said:

You've not bothered to reply to my original point.

Which quite astoundingly proves the very point I was making.

Thanks. Quite beautiful.

Oh, I did, I said I wasn't surprised people punched you.

You're conflating shit mate.

My dad said he hated all coloured people, but liked my mate michael, from Jamaica, as he wasn't like the others.  This is how I see you buddy.  Nothing has changed...

You're loathsome.  Utterly fetid.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

My dad said he hated all coloured people, but liked my mate michael, from Jamaica, as he wasn't like the others.  This is how I see you buddy.  Nothing has changed...

So you're now saying I'm your dad ?

Brilliant. You should be on stage. :lol:

HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Oh and for the record I have family history from Jamaica. Let's see you get out of this one.

:rolleyes::lol:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
3 hours ago, ccc said:

You clearly have a hierarchy of tolerance for foreign influences.  Italian or Asian food in the supermarkets = great cultural enrichment.  Polish food in the supermarkets = WTF, we are being invaded!

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

You clearly have a hierarchy of tolerance for foreign influences.  Italian or Asian food in the supermarkets = great cultural enrichment.  Polish food in the supermarkets = WTF, we are being invaded!

No, no, no, that's obviously different......

HOLA4420
25 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Did they go on a barmy army tour?

Not surprised...

I was on the barmy army tour this year actually. A Scotsman. Wearing an England top. Following the English cricket team. Typical "Xenophobe" and "racist". :lol:

The hole you are currently digging is becoming huge. Please carry on. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, thecrashingisles said:

The above are very different examples for very different reasons. We have already been through this. It's embarrassing.

I will give you a clue. Italian and Asian food in our shops has almost nothing to do with 4-5 million of them appearing here within the last ten years.

Polish food has appeared because well umm err um err ummm err umm Millions of Polish have appeared.

HOLA4421
6 minutes ago, ccc said:

I was on the barmy army tour this year actually. A Scotsman. Wearing an England top. Following the English cricket team. Typical "Xenophobe" and "racist". :lol:

The hole you are currently digging is becoming huge. Please carry on. :rolleyes:

The above are very different examples for very different reasons. We have already been through this. It's embarrassing.

I will give you a clue. Italian and Asian food in our shops has almost nothing to do with 4-5 million of them appearing here within the last ten years.

Polish food has appeared because well umm err um err ummm err umm Millions of Polish have appeared.

It surprises me not one jot buddy; I also go on tour a lot, having played fairly high level cricket and loving the game.  I avoid the barmy army like the plague.  Nationalists then all.  So , no, not surprised one iota.

Nice that you follow the England Wales cricket team and mention xenophobia and racism.  Are you mentally deranged?

So we have Lots of Asian and Italian food and thats ok, but other european food, like, ****** me, the Poles, well, were being invaded.

You're comical at best.  You say you're no racist, but have spent the day vilifying the Poles, despite being a nation who aided us in the World Wars, most apt today of all days.

You're genuinely spending too much time both drinking and allowing folk to punch you in the head son. :lol:

HOLA4422
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

Have you forgotten about the Vote Leave 'save our curry' campaign, aimed at convincing people that leaving the EU would make migration from India easier?

save-our-curry-2.jpg

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

Q: What do you call a fact that hasn't happened?

A: A nailed on Remainer bleat

Remainers claiming the sky will fall down on the UK isn't factual. It's a prediction. Predictions rock. All the time.

HOLA4424

Here's a question for Brexiteers reading this thread- what new arrangements would you make to manage the border in Ireland after Brexit-- please be as specific as you can.

HOLA4425
3 minutes ago, Thorn said:

Here's a question for Brexiteers reading this thread- what new arrangements would you make to manage the border in Ireland after Brexit-- please be as specific as you can.

Again for the record, I am a staunch remain voter but this is one area in this whole mess where I actually think the UK has the upper hand.

They've already said they just don't want a border. It is actually the EU who require one if NI is not in the customs union. The brexit thing being what it is, an illogical farce, despite wanting complete control of our borders, doesn't seem to apply to our only actual border with the EU.

So, imagine we leave with no agreed deal. What happens next for the Ireland / NI situation? The UK simply do nothing and wait to see what the EU do. Thereby they force the EUs hand and any blame for a border on to the EU. 

Now personally, I still think the UK is to blame since it is our actions initiating this mess and not requiring a border with a country with whom you require customs makes no sense. But I think the above is the way it will play out .

In everything else the EU27 have  the upper hand though.