House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
33 minutes ago, Up the spout said:

You must be meaning the Royal 'we'.

feel free to speak for yourself, but no, not in my case.

1 hour ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

:blink: 

The question did not ask for your views on future immigration and the explanation is clear enough in my post. You seem to think the question is trying to label you as a racist when, as I explained above, it is simply to expose the tactic of people using racist to put down inconvenient facts in a campaign or discussion.

Best not to stand in front of a mirror when your projecting.

Do you want to change your question in any way before I answer it?

Ok, that be all well and good, if it wasn't a crock of shit.

I made it very clear, that voting for an end to immigration is folly when we'll have immigration of precisely the same nature once we've left, if we ever do.   YOU, that is NOT ME, then said I had concerns about it, which I have been very clear at all times I have none, have never said I do, and never would, given my own clearly put ideology.

I merely pointed out what Will Self said had value, which it does.  Your continued obfuscation is hilarious; I get it, you don't want to be considered racist, as it's a hideous trait in a person.  However, well, your continued projecting does you no favours at all...

I'd keep away from that mirror SS, well away.

No, please answer the two questions please: Are we culturally similar to Europeans or Asians?
Are we similar to Europeans or Asians in our business culture.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA443
46 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Who says the netherlands is overpopulated - one of the best functioning and pleasant countries in Europe - but alas it's always 'people bad' with you - it's quite sad

It's quite sad that you keep trying to twist it to "people bad". It would probably be me twisting things if I was to suggest that that's because it's at least simple, and people who measure their quality of life by the number of vacuous distractions available generally prefer simple to right.

HOLA444
HOLA445
3 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

It's quite sad that you keep trying to twist it to "people bad". It would probably be me twisting things if I was to suggest that that's because it's at least simple, and people who measure their quality of life by the number of vacuous distractions available generally prefer simple to right.

Meaningless response - word salad

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

The Netherlands' agricultural prowess has been mentioned several times yet people still buy into the Farmers Union, VI laden guff:

Is that the Union of Folk who voted overwhelmingly to leave, those vested interests?

The Netherlands have a massively automated, mechanised agricultural system which employs less than 2% of employed folk, that provides a whopping 1.6% of GDP, in a country reliant on foreign trade.  Yup, mustard.

I wonder what's happening to our economy when the service sector falls apart with a hard brexit...

UK

GDP by sector
Agriculture: 0.6% Industry: 19.2% Services: 80.2%

Netherland:

GDP by sector
Agriculture: 1.6%; Industry: 18.8%; Services: 79.6% 

HOLA447
11 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Any other subject on this site and a graph like the following would result in 100% 'IT WILL END IN TEARS' consensus.

Population seems to be somehow magical however. Complete delusion.

world_population_1050_to_2050.jpg

HOLA448
1 minute ago, ccc said:

Any other subject on this site and a graph like the following would result in 100% 'IT WILL END IN TEARS' consensus.

I was under the impression world population growth was slowing. 

TREND01-1G-iiasa-world-pop.eps.zoom.png

HOLA449
1 minute ago, ccc said:

Trust you to opine with the most simplistic graphic available 

Try this one for a bit more understanding

updated-world-population-growth-1750-2100

Population growth rate peaked 40 years ago and is beginning to stabilise. There are still some countries where it's way to high still (think third world) but these will eventually calm down - Riedquat looks out of his window in Cheshire (or wherever) and convinces himself he's in Mumbai

HOLA4410

That shows a projection of slowing rather than saying it is yet, although we might have moved on from when it was made enough to get an idea from more up to date data. Even so it's beyond me why some people seem entirely unconcerned at the issues surrounding even the current numbers, and bear in mind that when taken over the whole world a lot still live in poverty, and we're nowhere near able to support the current level with a decent standard of living. It's certainly nothing to do with not liking people (some individuals aside :) )

HOLA4411
47 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Is that the Union of Folk who voted overwhelmingly to leave, those vested interests?

The Netherlands have a massively automated, mechanised agricultural system which employs less than 2% of employed folk, that provides a whopping 1.6% of GDP, in a country reliant on foreign trade.  Yup, mustard.

I wonder what's happening to our economy when the service sector falls apart with a hard brexit...

UK

GDP by sector
Agriculture: 0.6% Industry: 19.2% Services: 80.2%

Netherland:

GDP by sector
Agriculture: 1.6%; Industry: 18.8%; Services: 79.6% 

Food is a much larger percentage of your budget than this by the time it reaches your gullet !

I guess this shows how much "value is added" between farm gate and consumer.  That supply chain provides a lot of jobs.

There aren't any tariffs on services. 

There is little evidence the EU single market in services has benefited UK trade in services to the EU.  The proportion of services trade to EU countries to non-EU declines slightly from 1999 to 2011.

I would think a bigger effect will be the exchange rate.

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, sPinwheel said:

I was under the impression world population growth was slowing. 

TREND01-1G-iiasa-world-pop.eps.zoom.png

That's got Carney written all over it.

:lol:

Anyway - it's ******ing exploding. Maybe slightly less than a few years ago maybe not. Doesn't really matter. It's the root of many of the planets issues. 

HOLA4413
1 minute ago, ccc said:

That's got Carney written all over it.

:lol:

Anyway - it's ******ing exploding. Maybe slightly less than a few years ago maybe not. Doesn't really matter. It's the root of many of the planets issues. 

Oh. Do you have some alternative facts?

Let me guess. Experts are useless...

Why is your bullshït chart any better than my bullshït chart.

Edited by sPinwheel

HOLA4414
46 minutes ago, kzb said:

Food is a much larger percentage of your budget than this by the time it reaches your gullet !

I guess this shows how much "value is added" between farm gate and consumer.  That supply chain provides a lot of jobs.

There aren't any tariffs on services. - yet

There is little evidence the EU single market in services has benefited UK trade in services to the EU.  The proportion of services trade to EU countries to non-EU declines slightly from 1999 to 2011 - We have a massive surplus in Services in the EU

I would think a bigger effect will be the exchange rate - Well, I would venture we'd be at parity in the event of a hard brexit.

As soon as we lose passporting, which we will in the event of a hard brexit, we're talking quite significant hit to GDP (6% last time I looked).  Then look at the support network behind all that in the city, and you're looking at even larger losses....

HOLA4415
4 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

Oh. Do you have some alternative facts?

Let me guess. Experts are useless...

Why is your bullshït chart any better than my bullshït chart.

It's a complete guess. Just like any other chart showing a guess would be. 

We have far too many people already. It's clearly not dropping anytime soon. Unless nature comes along to wipe out most of us. Which is quite possible. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
5 hours ago, pig said:

Do you think if there was another referendum Vote Leave would still able to win based on complete tripe  ?

Or do you think they would win because the actual plan for Britain and future relationship with the EU would finally have been shown to be far superior ?

Nope. 

What has happened before is there's been  a Reframing of the Question followed by the Second Referendum.

Stymied Brexit is the reframing of the question.

HOLA4420
7 hours ago, kzb said:

Our own farmers, currently held in check by EU quotas, could ramp up production.  They've every incentive to do so according to your diagram.

The final EU quota system, for Sugar, finished in September 2017. http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-17-3488_en.htm

Farmers think the idea that they could increase production is 'tripe'.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/16/chris-graylings-claims-that-uk-can-grow-more-dismissed-as-tripe

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

All I did was point out the nonsense that is your statement of "we'd have 0 terrorism if we had no immigration" - and by the by, all our islamic terrorists were 2nd generation home grown lads

And you've compounded your nonsense with some 'allo 'allo don't mention ze var silliness

At lease you're not a Trump fan - small mercies and all that

If you read my sentence I clearly write “historical imigration” so remove all Islamic migration since WW2 would lead to “0” terror attacks.. this is self inflicted terror.. all our problems are created by the elites.. they created the slave trade not the common man, they opened the boarders not the person in the shops working for £7 an hour. They hold the land which they stole by beating peasants.. but I have to put up with all the rubbish they have created.. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/youth-violence-and-murder-soar-in-london-new-crime-figures-show-as-man-is-stabbed-to-death-for-his-a3660541.html

hand on heart can you honestly tell me the country is better for imigration! 

HOLA4422
4 hours ago, ccc said:

It's a complete guess. Just like any other chart showing a guess would be. 

We have far too many people already. It's clearly not dropping anytime soon. Unless nature comes along to wipe out most of us. Which is quite possible. 

It a "guess" based upon an understanding of population growth over the past 100 years, or more, and the very predictable effect rising incomes has upon birthrates. In short once people stop living day to day they start having less children and by the time they are as rich of us they are having so few children that they have start importing people.  

This effect applies whether people stay in their home countries or move. So each time you see a new immigrant family in your locality, cheer up and think how its helping to reduce the world's population.   

Edit to add an explanation of why population will peak at around 10-11bn that even the mathematically challenged can understand.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA4423
5 hours ago, Riedquat said:

That shows a projection of slowing rather than saying it is yet, although we might have moved on from when it was made enough to get an idea from more up to date data. Even so it's beyond me why some people seem entirely unconcerned at the issues surrounding even the current numbers, and bear in mind that when taken over the whole world a lot still live in poverty, and we're nowhere near able to support the current level with a decent standard of living. It's certainly nothing to do with not liking people (some individuals aside :) )

You need to cheer up by reading up on some of new methods of farming now being developed that enable huge increase in land productivity, while at the same time being far more sustainable and drastically reducing the need for petrochemical based inputs, be they fuel oil or fertiliser. Current thinking is that over the next 50 years, even assuming we reach the predicted population of 9.5bn, an area the size of India will be no longer needed for agricultural production.

HOLA4424
5 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

You need to cheer up by reading up on some of new methods of farming now being developed that enable huge increase in land productivity, while at the same time being far more sustainable and drastically reducing the need for petrochemical based inputs, be they fuel oil or fertiliser. Current thinking is that over the next 50 years, even assuming we reach the predicted population of 9.5bn, an area the size of India will be no longer needed for agricultural production.

Indeed - and people accuse remainers of pant wetting

It was calculated in the 70s that the food/fuel/raw material output of South America was sufficient to sustain the entire world population (circa 6b at the time) three fold. 

But riedquat just sees Mumbai everywhere.  Laughable. 

HOLA4425
40 minutes ago, macca13 said:

If you read my sentence I clearly write “historical imigration” so remove all Islamic migration since WW2 would lead to “0” terror attacks.. this is self inflicted terror.. all our problems are created by the elites.. they created the slave trade not the common man, they opened the boarders not the person in the shops working for £7 an hour. They hold the land which they stole by beating peasants.. but I have to put up with all the rubbish they have created.. 

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/youth-violence-and-murder-soar-in-london-new-crime-figures-show-as-man-is-stabbed-to-death-for-his-a3660541.html

hand on heart can you honestly tell me the country is better for imigration! 

Who knows, there are so many variables it's impossible to say.

Whatever the answer is it won't be much affected by terrorism. As worries go terrorism it's near the bottom of any list of things likely to hurt/kill you living in the UK, probably somewhere around falling over and banging your head while putting your underpants on.