House Price Crash Forum

The Official Brexit - Remain Thread - All New Threads Will Be Merged Into This One

spyguy

HOLA441
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

I am 'out' on Facebook, because it seems to be very pro EU with my contacts, and I want to show that there is nothing to be ashamed about by voting BREXIT.

Taking to very close friends, they have whispered rather gently to me 'BREXIT'. When I say me too - we have then been able to have a dialogue.

People seem to be fearful of admitting they are for BREXIT, and I can understand why. Hoping the undecideds and quiet ones will rule the day.

Me too. OUT on Facebook.

I have the misfortune to be a Northerner by birth, brought up of working to middle class stock, who now lives in Surrey and has a half decent job. But with several kids who I don't seeing have any future here; a bit of an anarchist who wants to see disruptive change to the current appalling status quo; a desire for true democracy; and now a total distrust of the career politicians, troughing public sector / lecturer / academic sh!te etc.

And being a Northerner, I don't have any fear of the chattering classes labelling me a racist / xenophobe, because the people who really know me, know otherwise.

But boy, am I getting myself a new asshole ripped every day by the sneering "intelligentsia...."

However, I'm not going to give up. Latest post shared the breaking news about the new Turkey negotiations for next week, and now just waiting for another wave of abuse.

I hate Southerners. Especially Metropolitan London and Surrey types. Right bunch of ctuns, frankly :)

B

HOLA444

Apologies if this has been posted (scrolled through about ten pages but couldn't find it):

Markus Kerber, head of the BDI (Germany’s answer to the CBI), is calling on his country to not risk damaging trade with punitive post-Brexit tariffs.

“Imposing trade barriers, imposing protectionist measures between our two countries – or between the two political centres, the European Union on the one hand and the UK on the other – would be a very, very foolish thing in the 21st century. The BDI would urge politicians on both sides to come up with a trade regime that enables us to uphold and maintain the levels of trade we have”

Do you have a link for that please? I'd love to share it on my Facebook page...

Cheers.

Buzz

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Cheers.

Spot on and done.

Awaiting the abuse from my chattering class / public sector troughing drone / right on leftie contacts even as I type.

But in fairness, this referendum has been a handy chance to cull my "friends" list down, and get rid of a variety of ctnus that I can't remember why I connected with them in the first place!!!

HOLA4411

Never mind the economics, immigration, sovereignty, etc. this is our big chance to show them what we think of all that dodgy Eurovision song contest voting. Corrupt to the core.

As a natural born pessimist I`m not confident.

I reckon the out vote will be significantly larger than the in vote but I expect the state to steal the result.

There`s too much at stake for these fascists to let it go.

Whose been minding the postal votes all this time?

HOLA4412

@warpig

The European Council, or the Council of European Ministers, or the Council of Europe, or whoever the feck they are, have dictated that any forum post which constitutes a reply to a former post and which includes a quote of the former post to which the post is replying to, must include the quoted post before the response.

When are you going to comply with the directive, ratified by your unelected representative?

Edited by Digsby

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Sorry I've never been very good at complying.

@warpig

The European Council, or the Council of European Ministers, or the Council of European, or whoever the feck they are, have dictated that any forum post which constitutes a reply to a former post and which includes a quote of the former post to which the post is replying to, must include the quoted post before the response.

When are you going to comply with the directive, ratified by your unelected representative?

HOLA4415

Without a shadow of doubt it is the leave peope who have kept silent the most. It's like admitting you would vote for Trump. People are afraid to do it because the moment you say you want to leave the EU everyone accuses you of being a Nazi/rascist/stupid etc.

So LOADS of brexit people have just kept quiet. But it's been a seething quiet. They are determined to vote and will do so in large numbers.

I think that this is spot on. We also saw a similar phenomenon in the Scottish referendum where the remain vote was under reported by the pollsters. Voting for independence was clearly the "patriotic" thing to do.

HOLA4416

I have broken the seal on Facebook. Deliberately said nothing, liked nothing up until now but just had a moment of realisation - this is too important to let Remain dominate the social media feeds with their puppy loving propaganda. Attracted quite a few Remainers with my "Vote Leave" status already. Let them come, I am personally going to mark my ballot tomorrow with pride, right up until the last hour I'll believe in this country. Tomorrow is the last hour approaching. Remainers have already lost faith.

HOLA4417

As a natural born pessimist I`m not confident.

I reckon the out vote will be significantly larger than the in vote but I expect the state to steal the result.

There`s too much at stake for these fascists to let it go.

Whose been minding the postal votes all this time?

Surely it's best of 3?

HOLA4418

You know I've heard a lot of emotional appeals for hope for reformation, for the ideals of cooperation through union, for straightforward soligarchy, all of which I push back against in the name of freedom and democracy, and the right to pick and choose from the available political ideodologies of the day.

I've also heard a lot of appeals to values we as a public have long held, of justice, democracy, of workers rights and so on, and of appeals to our national pride, and our right to take our place on the world stage and all that stuff.

But that short snippet had the most impact on me from any side, not that I needed much convincing.

Thanks. And I had the courtesy of quoting you first ?

Edited by Digsby

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

The unofficial family results are in:

Father = Out

Mother = Out

Sister 1 = Out, No partner

Sister 2 = Out, Partner = Out

Sister 3 = In, Partner = In

Grandmother 1 = In

Grandmother 2 = Yet to be confirmed

Me = Out

6 to 3 in immediate family + partners. 1 swing voter. I'd settle for that!

HOLA4421

Sorry I've never been very good at complying.

?

I've not pinned you down on which side you land yet, purely because we've not touched base much (other than your insightful "wrong" in response to my call for a postponement of the referendum - to which I've not had a response from my pro-remain MP, who I shall be having words with).

But now I know. You're a rebel. A downright rebel. You care nothing for regulation and directives. You'd sooner stick 2 fingers up to the authoritarian elite in Brussels than do as you are told.

Greetings, comrade.

HOLA4422

Until Atricle 50 is fully ratified, we have no control of EU migrants.

We could have 500 million come over in the next two years.

Nah, like not being in the Euro, the "Rebate", the changes to benefits that Dave has supposedly negotiated etc. etc. we can do what we want, IF we (or really they) want. Quite easy to start clamping down on who comes here if we wanted straight away? It would be a stupid government that didn`t bend to the will of the people if it is a Brexit, because a lot of MP`s will lose their seats at the soonest opportunity after that. What are the EZ going to do, go to war with us? Stop selling cars to us? They are going to do f*uck all, except try to get their own exits lined up.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I have broken the seal on Facebook. Deliberately said nothing, liked nothing up until now but just had a moment of realisation - this is too important to let Remain dominate the social media feeds with their puppy loving propaganda. Attracted quite a few Remainers with my "Vote Leave" status already. Let them come, I am personally going to mark my ballot tomorrow with pride, right up until the last hour I'll believe in this country. Tomorrow is the last hour approaching. Remainers have already lost faith.

I've noticed people on both sides coming out on FB tonight - I think it's the culmination of a long and shit campaign coupled with the closeness of the polls finally pushing people to wear their colours openly.

The shittest but most entertaining post I've seen has been a remainian in the midst a bit of a meltdown, making a full on spit-dribbling rant at what he perceives is the typical leave voter. Misses by a mile, makes total c0ck of himself. Splendid.

HOLA4425

Keep the faith Billy

It's really tough on Facebook, because everyone knows who you are so it's not as easy as gobbing off on HPC!!

On the other hand, your real mates will appreciate you might see things differently, and value yoru opinion. The ones that don't are cntsu. I've found it a neat opportunity to clear out my friends list to people who aren't as bigoted as Gordon Brown - and I don't miss the others one jot.

Stay strong bud. It's nearly over.

B