House Price Crash Forum

Policitians Unite Behind Remain

GreenDevil

HOLA441

Apologies if posted elsewhere

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referendum-george-osborne-ed-balls-vince-cable-unite-against-brexit-1560307

Seems like most of the elite scumbag polticians are rallying behind remain.

Looks like they certainly 'are all in it together'.

Updated list

A real whose who

Gidiot the 1st,

Gidiot the 2nd,

Vince,

Dave,

Tony,

Ed,

Edited by GreenDevil

HOLA442
HOLA443

Cable, Balls and Osborne - the full monty LibLabCon.

- and the rest, Farron, Clegg, Corbyn (changed sides all of a sudden), Watson, Miliband, Cameron, Blair, Brown etc etc etc.

It's no surprise - when it comes to the crunch they don't want to give up the self serving eu sponsorship, the eu jollies and the eu gravy train.

They'll all just scarper off to the US or some other haven as the UK gets ever more awful and congested.

Edited by billybong

HOLA444

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/eu-referendum-george-osborne-ed-balls-vince-cable-unite-against-brexit-1560307

Updated list

A real whose who

Gidiot the 1st,

Gidiot the 2nd,

Vince,

Dave,

Tony,

Ed,

....not an inspriring collection of people ...but each is best described as elitist (as you mentioned)...and as Euro land in which they wish to remain is not a democracy it explains why this type would wish to remain .....BREXIT is for democracy and... the people ..not for a load of "has been" politicians........... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Totally. Not like the BREXIT crew who are serious heavyweight thinkers right? Remind me who of any note wants BREXIT. Boris, Farage and I think one of the Chuckle Brothers but can't remember which.

...forget the politicians...it's what the people would like ....the people will chose the politicians at a later date ...referendums are not for politicians ....there are no seats to be won ...... and as mentioned earlier ...there is no democracy in euro land ....don't let politicians tell you how to think or vote....we have to do that for ourselves........... :rolleyes:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Updated list

A real whose who

Gidiot the 1st,

Gidiot the 2nd,

Vince,

Dave,

Tony,

Ed,

The E`h team

HOLA4411

...forget the politicians...it's what the people would like ....

I've met the people. Most of them are idiots. Not one person has managed to put forward a compelling case for BREXIT based on any kind of facts or research. Just a gut instinct that it will probably be ok and that something needs to change. Fine for people that are used to voting for UKIP - but this is a little more important as it could actually happen.

HOLA4412

I've met the people. Most of them are idiots. Not one person has managed to put forward a compelling case for BREXIT based on any kind of facts or research. Just a gut instinct that it will probably be ok and that something needs to change. Fine for people that are used to voting for UKIP - but this is a little more important as it could actually happen.

We will have proper democracy with the benefit of self governance that`s what it`s all about and that should be reason enough to leave

No one can predict the future it`s as simple as that,i see the economic argument as one side see the glass half empty and the other see it half full no one can say for sure what is right

This sums it up for me ,how do we the electorate get rid of any of the European commission ?

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

dgul, on 15 May 2016 - 8:16 PM, said:snapback.png

In my mind the whole Brexit thing is best described in Tony Benn's speech on democracy*. For me whole immigration and economy arguments are just a distraction.

*In his final speech to the House of Commons: In the course of my life I have developed five little democratic questions. If one meets a powerful person--Adolf Hitler, Joe Stalin or Bill Gates--ask them five questions: “What power have you got? Where did you get it from? In whose interests do you exercise it? To whom are you accountable? And how can we get rid of you?” If you cannot get rid of the people who govern you, you do not live in a democratic system.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

You, and several other posters, constantly repeat that no one has made an argument for Brexit, then proceed to ignore whenever anyone responds with a compelling case for Brexit. Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling others idiots.

The argument put forward as to why the UK should be in the EU is the same argument as to why the UK should grant sovereignty to a joint UK-Pakistan government -- it would open up all sorts of culturally-enriching opportunities for travel and working abroad and it would massively expand trade and GDP for both countries. Factually, that is corrent, though too bad it would also destroy the quality of life for British citizens and undermine a political culture that took hundreds of years to create.

HOLA4415

In the EU we are hand cuffed to a terminally ill liability. It will get more distressing and smelly. If we don't go for the Exit now, we will have to go through the smelly stage, until the corpse is "ripe" enough to break the hand off.

+1. The issue really is which option is a bigger risk, Brexit has obvious risks, the risks of Remaining are not so obvious but probably greater...

HOLA4416

You, and several other posters, constantly repeat that no one has made an argument for Brexit, then proceed to ignore whenever anyone responds with a compelling case for Brexit. Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling others idiots.

The argument put forward as to why the UK should be in the EU is the same argument as to why the UK should grant sovereignty to a joint UK-Pakistan government -- it would open up all sorts of culturally-enriching opportunities for travel and working abroad and it would massively expand trade and GDP for both countries. Factually, that is corrent, though too bad it would also destroy the quality of life for British citizens and undermine a political culture that took hundreds of years to create.

It's just another fear tactic.... "Vote Remain or risk being called an idiot" :rolleyes:.

Edit: Has anyone else noticed the similarity in posting style and insults of the Remain posters? It's almost as though they attended the same shill course.

Edited by Bruce Banner

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Where's your argument for staying? The less control, large scale, and beaurocracy the better. That's just how I prefer things to be. Perhaps you prefer things the other way around. Leaving the EU moves in the former direction, that's a compelling enough argument. All we get from the other direction are some insults and frankly superficial economic argument that appear to massively over-value the importance of money.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4421

I've not seen a compelling case to remain!

At the start of this I was very much a remain voter, I don't like how the EU is set-up but wanted Britain to stay as part of it and hopefully see some + changes. However, after the continuous fear tactics of the remain camp I will be voting out!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Most of the Remain case seems to be based on very old points, 1975 points - the Common Market points about trade within the EEC (now the eu), a far far smaller eu with much fewer countries.

In 1975 (with that belated referendum) it was a Yes vote of course and achieved using deceit and a "promise" of no loss of sovereignty. The Common Market hasn't been all it's claimed to be with UK industry continuing to decline as a share of the economy and with UK GDP per Capita declining relative to the rest of the eu - and they reneged on the sovereignty promise with the treaties after 1975. There's been no case why that loss of sovereignty since 1975 should be accepted. Cameron couldn't even negotiate one amendment to the treaties.

Why should anyone believe any Remain predictions. They signed treaties that they subsequently decided were inadequate and needed amending (due to their lack of foresight and elementary planning/predictive capability) and in the event couldn't get them amended. That's apart from the lies told in 1975.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4424

Curious about the Bilderberg Group and came across this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/3-things-we-know-about-the-secretive-bilderberg-group-and-1-thing-well-never-know-10307054.html

Half way down the article a photo of Ed Balls & George (from A Marr Show I think) and the article stated they would both be attending - less than a year ago. I thought Ed had lost his seat in the GE?

.The single comment is interesting as well - tumbleweed in the secret echelons of power! :ph34r:

Edited by Sheeple Splinter

HOLA4425