Brexit Referendum Poll - In Or Out?

warpig

HOLA441
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

This article was posted by a former economist of Greece. It's worth reading, but I don't agree with his logic. He seems to speak with a forked tongue and infer the EU will "disintegrate" irrespective of Britain leaving the EU, but suggests we should vote to stay IN and challenge an undemocratic EU commission from the inside rather than abandon it. He adds a BREXIT would hasten the EU's disintegration.

I think what he's really asking, is for Britain not to make Greece's position any worse and to fight their corner, but at the expense of our own political freedom and sovereignty. That's rather rich from someone who resigned from a position of influence and authority. Thanks... but no thanks.

It seems clear to me the EU/EZ is on it's last legs and I want no part of it, but I'm in no doubt they'll double their efforts before they let their federalized European dream die. We only have one shot at this.

Last year, we tried to do this in Greece. Our Greek government stood up to the combined might of the European Commission, the European Central Bank and the International Monetary Fund to demand common sense changes to their modus vivendi. We were crushed in a manner that made the stomach of every democrat churn. But this is no reason not to try again, especially given that the alternative (i.e. the EU’s disintegration, which will be sped up by Brexit) will only produce a post-modern 1930s. This is why many of us, from across Europe and including Britain, have come together to form the Democracy in Europe Movement – DiEM25.

http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2016/02/28/is-greece-not-another-compelling-reason-to-vote-for-brexit-on-23rd-june

Edited by warpig

HOLA443
HOLA444

I voted out....just because the bankers want an in. :lol::lol::lol:

Im not convinced that the tories dont actually want an out vote though so that the bankers can legally eat the countries babies, served up with a side order of debt...metaphorically speaking.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA445

obviously I'm a minority on here.

Europe keeps the banks slightly more restrained than otherwise.
If we had the euro we would of had the mother of HPC's already. If anything I think we should be closer.

Without Europe our banks would just capture even more of the UK wealth and impoverish us more.

But then again banks going balls out, could tip us into a huge blow off top then HPC quite quickly.
I guess sadly the Banking/service industry does generate a lot of wealth in the UK helps pay for education and the old etc.

HOLA446

If we had the euro we would of had the mother of HPC's already. If anything I think we should be closer.

Without Europe our banks would just capture even more of the UK wealth and impoverish us more.

But then again banks going balls out, could tip us into a huge blow off top then HPC quite quickly.

I guess sadly the Banking/service industry does generate a lot of wealth in the UK helps pay for education and the old etc.

EU red tape = restricting the UK 1%.

HOLA447

I'm amazed that 7 people are going to vote to stay IN the EU. My fears have been realised! Why are you being submissive to Fräulein Merkel?

As far as I'm concerned voting OUT on June 23rd is about self determination, not about a financial outcome. I'll vote OUT whatever the cost.

I am curious... Why are you happy for someone who wasn't born in Britain, who's first language isn't English and most importantly, for someone who wasn't elected by the British public, to determine British law and values?

HOLA448

Goldman Sachs want in.

Blair Cameron Mandelslime and Osborne want in.

The Euro/HPC ship has sailed.

Thats enough to have me screaming for the exit before we get near sharing a union / border with Turkey.

HOLA449

Goldman Sachs want in.

Blair Cameron Mandelslime and Osborne want in.

The Euro/HPC ship has sailed.

Thats enough to have me screaming for the exit before we get near sharing a union / border with Turkey.

+1

Once you see the people supporting Remain I find it hard to find any reason vote in.

HOLA4410

I voted out.

Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall did a programme on the south coast showing how the EU fishing quota system works. It was an eyeopener, and seemed absolutely absurd.

I'm sure this nonsense applies to most of their meddling.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I'm amazed that 7 people are going to vote to stay IN the EU. My fears have been realised! Why are you being submissive to Fräulein Merkel?

As far as I'm concerned voting OUT on June 23rd is about self determination, not about a financial outcome. I'll vote OUT whatever the cost.

I am curious... Why are you happy for someone who wasn't born in Britain, who's first language isn't English and most importantly, for someone who wasn't elected by the British public, to determine British law and values?

Because having English as a first language and being elected by (admittedly only about 30% of) the British public hasn't stopped the Tory party from shafting us at every opportunity. Osbourne has been spending taxpayers money fighting Europe to allow us to pay bigger bonuses to bankers. Good luck if you really think that being out of Europe and leaving us entirely at the mercy of a bunch of City spivs and and Eton-bred landowners is a win.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Because having English as a first language and being elected by (admittedly only about 30% of) the British public hasn't stopped the Tory party from shafting us at every opportunity. Osbourne has been spending taxpayers money fighting Europe to allow us to pay bigger bonuses to bankers. Good luck if you really think that being out of Europe and leaving us entirely at the mercy of a bunch of City spivs and and Eton-bred landowners is a win.

So why are Osborne and Cameron such "in" enthusiasts then?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I had a search and I couldn't see a poll, so here it is...

There's a poll in Off Topic.

Out for me, why not? Can't think of any reasons not to really. Perhaps there would be some economic benefit in staying but that doesn't move me at all (it would need to be a big collapse to get me worried, in general this obsession with wealth we've got is ridiculous). However I'm expecting the result will be Stay.

HOLA4417

The current British government will only last until May 7th 2020, staying in the EU could last forever. If you vote IN, you're ultimately voting for Britain to use the Euro at some point in the future and for a European Armed Forces, then all the reasons your grandparents fought in the second world war, will have been for nothing. Incredibly we've been taken over by sleight of hand and stealth, without even a single shot being fired.

Edited by warpig

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

The current British government will only last until May 7th 2020, staying in the EU could last forever. If you vote IN, you're ultimately voting for Britain to use the Euro at some point in the future and for a European Armed Forces, then all the reasons your grandparents fought in the second world war, will have been for nothing. Incredibly we've been taken over by sleight of hand and stealth, without a single shot being fired.

I am not convinced this will be a once in a lifetime referendum - precedents being previous EU referenda and, closer to home, Scottish Independence. In addition, Turkey and growing instabilities are the last straws for the EU as it is now.

HOLA4420

As I understand it, the laws change March 2017 and getting out of the EU will require the support of the majority of EU members.

I am not convinced this will be a once in a lifetime referendum - precedents being previous EU referenda and, closer to home, Scottish Independence. In addition, Turkey and growing instabilities are the last straws for the EU as it is now.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Well thats all that matters to me it`s not perfect by a long way ,but at least they are voted in and can be voted out unlike the european commissioners

Democracy EU style

HOLA4424
HOLA4425