House Price Crash Forum

Brexit Referendum Poll - In Or Out?

warpig

Then why leave? If there is even the slightest chance we might sway the argument from the inside, then surely it is better to at least try? Are you saying that it is better to admit defeat, and leave these nations to their fate?

They have the choice of doing the same as we are , they are masters of their own destiny ....you make the bed you lay in it

Then why leave? If there is even the slightest chance we might sway the argument from the inside,

As i stated i see it preferable to be no part of a club that behaves like that and i see no chance of swaying the vote in or out

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But your option is to opt out of a layer that has done an, admittedly limited, amount of good for the working man, and put your trust in an institution that has done sweet fa for him? Where is the point in a democracy that only allows the eventual election of the same shade of grey? Red or blue, they WERE grey in the end.

Corrected that for you

Again, you're all over the place! Of course politicians are a sell-out, that is MY point, not yours. YOUR point is that EU politicians are a sell-out, but UK ones are less so. that is not the case.

Would agree with that but we can only vote out one lot,it`s not a lot of power but it`s the only power on the table we have on offer

Edited by long time lurking

Why did you you vote out in the scottish referendum surely it would be better to stay if there was a chance of changing from the inside ? or did you think there was no chance of change ? thats where i am

Why did you choose to run ?

Because that would have been a blow to the root cause of political malaise, Westminster. That is an argument in the context of this conversation, but of course, there were other reasons as well. However, all had Westminster as the root cause.

Why do you think leaving the EU will fix the malaise in UK politics?

Edited by AThirdWay

Ahh i see that's why you wanted out of the UK ..all makes sense now ....not

Fighting 1 bullie is preferable to fighting 2 ?

Are you claiming that the SNP, the instigating party of the Scottish independence referendum, are now part of mainstream Westminster politics? Why would I regard Holyrood as a bully?

Would agree with that but we can only vote out one lot,it`s not a lot of power but it`s the only power on the table we have on offer

No it's not. We all have options. Scottish independence, a re-unified Ireland, an England that can regain some of it's former pride in itself..... there are many, many options.

They have the choice of doing the same as we are , they are masters of their own destiny ....you make the bed you lay in it

As i stated i see it preferable to be no part of a club that behaves like that and i see no chance of swaying the vote in or out

Really? What about the Eastern European voting block that seems to be emerging? They could be formidable allies in challenging the main players, and their support for the money men.

The EU IS changing, for good or bad, and we should have a hand in that change.

Edited by AThirdWay

Because that would have been a blow to the root cause of political malaise, Westminster. That is an argument in the context of this conversation, but of course, there were other reasons as well. However, all had Westminster as the root cause.

Why do you think leaving the EU will fix the malaise in UK politics?

I don`t and have never said it would they are your words but i see as just 1 less to deal with

Are you claiming that the SNP, the instigating party of the Scottish independence referendum, are now part of mainstream Westminster politics? Why would I regard Holyrood as a bully?

EU not holyrood

As for SNP they are still westminsters lap dogs they just growl a bit louder nowt has changed just like UKIP were the driving force behind the EU referendum has anything changed in westminster ?

Really? What about the Eastern European voting block that seems to be emerging? They could be formidable allies in challenging the main players, and their support for the money men.

The EU IS changing, for good or bad, and we should have a hand in that change.

As far as i see it it`s all on the bad side thats why i want out

The balance of power did not bring about this referendum did it ,that`s what happens when you can vote

The balance of power will ensure the result of this referendum though, as it did with the 2014 referendum.

The strange thing is, I think you are as cynical of UK politics as I, but you seem to want to give those same politicians even MORE control.... that is the part I don't get.

The balance of power will ensure the result of this referendum though, as it did with the 2014 referendum.

The strange thing is, I think you are as cynical of UK politics as I, but you seem to want to give those same politicians even MORE control.... that is the part I don't get.

Yes i am but they are voted into power that`s the difference it`s a long way from perfect but i see it as a better option to being lead by unelected european commissioners, what say do i get if the latter make changes that i don`t like ?

Quite possibly so ,but we will have had the chance because we have elected politicians

You are hoping for the same democratic election process to push for another scots referendum yet you are all for the unelected in brussels ,this is just a contradiction to me ...however bad our system is it still serves this purpose

All in all for me it`s a simple question of choosing the lesser of two evils one you can vote for and one you just have to accept