• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Y169 now.

Not seen much MSM coverage of the £'s decline...

Carney's flapping his stupid gums later today. The least capable central banker of his generation will surely revise public expectations of a rate rise this year. Has he ever got anything right?

HOLA445
HOLA446

FTSE up strongly in the last hour - anyone know why?

According to BBg a spike in Oil futures of nearly 2% higher due to the killings in Istanbul sent stock prices surging. How they figure that as a buy signal is beyond me but its a mad world we all live in now

HOLA447

Yes because people realise £ will have to be trashed. Equity prices rise on that expectation.

In other words when a currency goes down, the share price of a company denominating in it rises to compensate

The Caracas (Venezuela) stock exchange may point the way to the future.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2015/12/caracas%20unadjusted.jpg

HOLA448

Eh? Since when was highest at 5% and lowest at -1% 'hyperinflation'???

CPI is useless..

ONS low income average at 10 year is averaging near 4%.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/elmr/variation-in-the-inflation-experience-of-uk-households/2003-2014/sty-variation-in-the-inflation-experience-of-uk-households.html

Essential inflation calculation much higher than CPI (needs registration to ft)

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2013/02/20/1393672/the-real-rate-of-british-inflation/

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

They'll put up rates if drops much further, its their precious.

I doubt it, frankly, but you never know. I wonder if there even is a point at which they would step in to defend the £ with rate hikes and, if so, what it is? Much lower than now I would guess. I wonder if such a triggering level is something they even think about in advance?

HOLA4417

This article made me laugh. The title is "pound plunges":

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12094473/Pound-plunges-to-five-year-low-as-manufacturing-performance-worse-than-anyone-expected.html

Yet the contents of the article say the manufacturing data was week "due to a historically strong exchange rate"

!!

Edited by reddog

HOLA4418

I doubt it, frankly, but you never know. I wonder if there even is a point at which they would step in to defend the £ with rate hikes and, if so, what it is? Much lower than now I would guess. I wonder if such a triggering level is something they even think about in advance?

Wasn't CPI at 5% for a couple of months when QE was all the rage in 2011 / 12? They sat on the bums through that.

HOLA4419

I wonder if Gidiot had some prelim figures before he did 'We are in sht1' speech?

The pounds has been propped up as we sold large chunks of London to corrupt hardworking Chinese + Russians.

Without that inflow - and i was huge - the current account deficit is a bit of a problem.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Wasn't CPI at 5% for a couple of months when QE was all the rage in 2011 / 12? They sat on the bums through that.

They seem to always ignore outside pressure when it is about above target inflation..

They have no reason to do so now, since unemployement has dropped below target. Only excuse they have for not raising now is that the supposed inflation is low (see crappy CPI).

if now inflation increases, Flip-Flopper will have to find a new target (excuse) to use.

HOLA4422

Yes long run magnet has been 1.60.

I see that now as more likely the peak than the magnet.

Largest twin deficits in developed world.

Needs to break 1.45 then 1.42 before serious crash. Look for it later in 2016 into 2017.

Broken 1.45 so 1.42 is line in the sand.

I'd expect a major £v$ bounce from this 1.42/44 area. Major.

It is more likely than to break 1.42 sustainably.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425