House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
25 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

That thread just keeps on giving. 

Fungus, Dross, Busta, this new guy..  What a team!!

Haha they've pished away thousands on stamps,  ink, billboard campaigns, ATTT etc. What's another hundred quid each?

I guess it does make sense if you're heading for bankruptcy anyway. Might as well have anther throw of the dice...

This guy's style will only harm public preception of landlords. It comes across as amateurish ranting. Some of the spelling grammar, for an official Twitter feed, is atrocious; I get that some people are not great at these things but surely if you wanted to be taken seriously, you'd get somebody else to do it for you...

Some of the views expressed on the Twitter account are pretty questionable...

Agent Sweeney doing great work. A proper loose cannon! ?

HOLA442
36 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

That thread just keeps on giving.  I am not sure if I am missing something here but it really looks like this guy is just asking £100 each from poverty118 muppets so he can troll anyone remotely anti-BTL on twitter.

And he is pretending that it's some sort of campaign and there are some sort of costs that he is not charging yet.

And he is calling himself a CEO!!! 

Absolutely brilliant!  He is on our side.  

I'm envisioning this:

HOLA443
1 minute ago, oatbake said:

Haha they've pished away thousands on stamps,  ink, billboard campaigns, ATTT etc. What's another hundred quid each?

I guess it does make sense if you're heading for bankruptcy anyway. Might as well have anther throw of the dice...

This guy's style will only harm public preception of landlords. It comes across as amateurish ranting. Some of the spelling grammar, for an official Twitter feed, is atrocious; I get that some people are not great at these things but surely if you wanted to be taken seriously, you'd get somebody else to do it for you...

Some of the views expressed on the Twitter account are pretty questionable...

Agent Sweeney doing great work. A proper loose cannon! ?

I think the billboard cost 10s of pounds.....

HOLA444
HOLA445
53 minutes ago, Bear Hug said:

That thread just keeps on giving.  I am not sure if I am missing something here but it really looks like this guy is just asking £100 each from poverty118 muppets so he can troll anyone remotely anti-BTL on twitter.

And he is pretending that it's some sort of campaign and there are some sort of costs that he is not charging yet.

And he is calling himself a CEO!!! 

Absolutely brilliant!  He is on our side.  

From the begging post I saw last week Fungus wasn’t paying the £100

HOLA446
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

They're not even that smart, I suggested (tongue in cheek) on twitter that they should campaign to redirect Shelter's budget to council house construction to reduce housing costs (hmmm... Who would lose from that). They agreed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/homeless_nimbys/status/1046445276897120257

Although they have now deleted the tweet so cognition may be firing up.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Even Fungus the Bogeylord isn't stupid enough to shell out a ton for membership of an organisation that doesn't actually have any members.

"CEO" Larry Sweeney doesn't seem to be a man troubled by self-doubt. Here he is, trumpeting his stunning court victory over Liverpool City Council over their selective licensing scheme... well, you have to read the Council's comment to get the full story,

HOLA449
HOLA4410

UK rents ‘are heading for a full year of declines’, says deposits service

https://www.propertyindustryeye.com/uk-rents-are-heading-for-a-full-year-of-declines-says-deposits-service/

UK rents have fallen for the third consecutive quarter, the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) claims.

The decline – based on the DPS’s own database of rentals – showed that average monthly rents in the third quarter were £761, down from £764 in the second quarter of 2018.

This has been dubbed as a recession by the DPS.

If this trend continues, it will be only the second time there has been a full year of quarterly decreases since the DPS records began in 2007.

The DPS data also shows that average UK rent has now decreased £14 or 1.83% since the same period last year.

The east midlands experienced the greatest decrease down 2.47% on a quarterly basis to £569, while Northern Ireland had the largest increase, up 2.68% from £542 to £557 over the two quarters.

Meanwhile, average rents in the north-east of England remain the lowest in the UK at £529 per month.

Julian Foster, managing director at the DPS, said: “A third consecutive quarter of declining UK rents signals that there will be no immediate bounce back from the recession that hit the market last quarter.

“This negative period forms part of a slowdown that began in the summer of 2016, which we believe is linked to broader economic factors that are affecting spending power and demand.

“Another quarter of lower rents would mean the first full year of negative growth since the global financial crisis in 2008 and 2009, a significant threshold for the market.”

However, the DPS’s findings are at total odds with data from Your Move.

The agent said rents were up 2.3% annually in September to £861, led by a 4.3% boost in the south-west of England to £686 per month.

London was the only region with an annual drop, with rents down 1.3% to £1,271 per month, still making it the most expensive region.

Rents were pretty flat on a monthly basis, however, up just 0.06% across the UK.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

"Say no to Leeds' tenant tax" - Facebook page

40 likes for their Facebook page after only 2 months campaigning, and nearly 12 local shops in this obviously top-class area have a poster (poorly designed, illegible unless you are less than a foot away) in their window.  Big deal.

https://www.facebook.com/Leeds-Against-Selective-Licensing-1842925242458323/

From Leeds City Council:

We're currently asking if we should introduce 'selective licensing' in areas of Beeston and Harehills. This will mean that private landlords will not legally be... allowed to rent out properties in these areas unless they have a licence to do so. It will not be optional. The licence has conditions, and landlords will need to make sure that the properties they are renting out are safe and comfortable, and that they are not having a negative effect on the area. One of the outcomes of a selective licensing scheme is that it helps to reduce anti-social behaviour caused by private sector tenants in the designated area that’s being targeted.

Selective licensing was introduced as an option for local councils by the government as part of the Housing Act 2004. Although each license will cost £825 and last for the full 5-year scheme, the government does not allow councils to 'profit' from introducing it, and all costs go towards administrating the scheme. All other work associated with the enforcement of standards in the sector will be paid for from our own existing budget.

We can (and do) already enforce powers under the Landlord and Tenant Act, the Housing Act, and the Housing and Planning Act which aim to tackle poor conditions of properties, the environment and anti-social behaviour. There are, however, circumstances in which a significant number of properties in the private rented sector are in poor condition in addition to other factors such anti-social behaviour which can lead to the area and/or the health and safety of their occupants being affected. This is why we're targeting areas in Beeston and Harehills as part of this particular scheme.

Recently, the council has supported the Leeds Rental Standard in the city. This is a self-regulation scheme run by the sector, for the sector, as a means to recognise good landlords in the market. Like previous accreditation schemes, however, it has not consistently been taken up by landlords in the specific areas we're targeting.

Despite all of this, nothing is set in stone. We're still wanting to hear people's thoughts on the scheme via our consultation survey, which can be found along with lots more information on our website: www.leeds.gov.uk/selectivelicensing

Consultation deadline is 31 October (tomorrow!), if you are interested.

Edited by Dyson Fury

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

More whingeing:

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/10/shocking-claim-that-council-interview-landlords-under-caution

“We’re not talking about roguish, exploitative landlords here; rather people who simply saw property as an investment that would see them through retirement.

------------

“For these people, who may be finding their way in the rental market, or are unaware that such schemes have even been introduced in their area, the idea that they could face prosecution with a conviction leading to limitless fines or outrageous penalty fines is nothing short of terrifying.

--------

MOTHER OF GOD

HOLA4417
35 minutes ago, Si1 said:

More whingeing:

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2018/10/shocking-claim-that-council-interview-landlords-under-caution

“We’re not talking about roguish, exploitative landlords here; rather people who simply saw property as an investment that would see them through retirement.

------------

“For these people, who may be finding their way in the rental market, or are unaware that such schemes have even been introduced in their area, the idea that they could face prosecution with a conviction leading to limitless fines or outrageous penalty fines is nothing short of terrifying.

--------

MOTHER OF GOD

And, as we all know, future returns on investments are always the same and past returns, and there is never any risk.

It always seems to be thick people that don't really have anything to invest yet think they are entitled to make money or create a pension by leveraging up on BTL debt.

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

For these people, who may be finding their way in the rental market, or are unaware that such schemes have even been introduced in their area, the idea that they could face prosecution with a conviction leading to limitless fines or outrageous penalty fines is nothing short of terrifying

Almost as terrifying as the idea of people with no knowledge or experience of their legal obligations being in charge of shelter for million of families.

Unbelievable.

HOLA4419

And there's more!

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/leeds-selective-licensing-scheme-for-beeston-and-harehills-last-chance-to-have-your-say-1-9420857

Kathy Egan, office manager at Foxkirk Estates, said: “Owners are going to say ‘I can’t afford it no more’. A lot of them are just going to sell up and there’s not going to be anywhere for people to live.”

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
9 hours ago, Si1 said:

And there's more!

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/leeds-selective-licensing-scheme-for-beeston-and-harehills-last-chance-to-have-your-say-1-9420857

Kathy Egan, office manager at Foxkirk Estates, said: “Owners are going to say ‘I can’t afford it no more’. A lot of them are just going to sell up and there’s not going to be anywhere for people to live I won't have any customers.”

I think this is what she meant to say.

HOLA4422
13 hours ago, Si1 said:

And there's more!

Kathy Egan, office manager at Foxkirk Estates, said: “Owners are going to say ‘I can’t afford it no more’. A lot of them are just going to sell up and there’s not going to be anywhere for people to live.”

Yes; they'll take the houses with them in their suitcase.

Oh no wait...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

from PMQs today:

http://******/2P3l0YU

Teresa Pearce (Erith and Thamesmead) (Lab)

Q2. In 2014, I wrote to Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs and the then Chancellor to ask how much tax was unpaid on letting income from private landlords. HMRC wrote back to me and said that it was £500 million, in its estimate, which is enough to build about 7,000 social homes. How much is that tax gap now? [907379]

The Prime Minister

In overall terms, we have been closing the tax gap over the years. As I think my right hon. Friend the Chancellor said in his Budget on Monday, since 2010, through the work we have been doing to close the tax gap to ensure that we deal with tax evasion and avoidance, we have actually collected, or protected, £185 billion of revenue for the Government.

She didn't answer the question.

But, it was on the agenda.

HOLA4425

Interesting to see landlords whinging about letting agents hiking fees without any justification... Where were they when they were doing this to tenants? 

I don't normally indulge in Schadenfreude but I have to say I am absolutely loving the tenant fees ban!

I'm not sure what I want to come out of this (landlords being fleeced, or letting agents going out of business); I just know it's going to be good! They are both getting their just desserts!