House Price Crash Forum

House Sellers Are Renting Top-Of-The Range Cars For Estate Agent Photos

HOLA441

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article-2638513/Revving-property-market-House-sellers-renting-range-cars-day-make-estate-agent-photographs-look-better.html

Ambitious house sellers are renting top-of-the range cars for a day to park them in their driveway – so that estate agents’ photographs make the area look more affluent.

A survey reveals one in three homeowners believes a luxury car in front of their property will increase its value – and one in ten would pay out for the rental.

Mike Shipside of Rightmove said: ‘The driveway is one of the first things a viewer sees, so dressing it with a head-turning car naturally helps set the right first impression.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I can just see the eager vendor walking into his kitchen to grab a can of Stella, and tell his wife he's picked up the luxury hire car. Then going back out to admire it and finding it up on bricks...

Edited by juvenal

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

A survey reveals one in three homeowners believes a luxury car in front of their property will increase its value – and one in ten would pay out for the rental.

Is it a made up article though? I want to see the survey results.

I could pluck up the numbers out of the air myself.

Did you know 9 in 10 say they would pay 50% more for a house if a Sunseeker yacht was on the birth of the private mooring of a marina house.

HOLA4412

87% of buyers say they would definitely buy the house in a viewing if a BMW or AUDI was on the drive.

23% of buyers say they would definitely borrow more and bid higher if the house had solar panels.

73% of buyers say they would wet their pants at the thought of a famous celebrity had lived there before.

HOLA4413

87% of buyers say they would definitely buy the house in a viewing if a BMW or AUDI was on the drive.

23% of buyers say they would definitely borrow more and bid higher if the house had solar panels.

73% of buyers say they would wet their pants at the thought of a famous celebrity had lived there before.

How sad. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

99% said they would be very happy to own 1% of a slave box on a IO mortgage in London if it could mean they would have a once in a lifetime opportunity to get on the property ladder.

34223342% said IO mortgages is good way to own property as renting is dead money.

32% said you can't eat gold, but at least a house is a roof over your head. 78% of the 32% said property made a better investment than gold.

89% said Kirsty Allsop is GOD and would never miss anything she said or wrote.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I don't see how it would work unless the car came with it?! If anything the buyer might think the person selling was one of those flipper types you used to see a lot of on daytime TV, making money out of flipping property. But sheeple are, well sheeple, a simple breed who concluded to pay over the odds to the well off person. Unless the stats are all completely made up or biased (see source).

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

One of the features of the house price madness seems to have been an increasing number of expensive cars parked outisde shitty houses.

Previously, on every ordinary residential estate you used to get the one aspirational family that would have a poverty spec BMW 5 series but, these days it's not uncommon to see all sorts of, what would previously considered upscale cars, parked almost anywhere.

HOLA4424

One of the features of the house price madness seems to have been an increasing number of expensive cars parked outisde shitty houses.

Previously, on every ordinary residential estate you used to get the one aspirational family that would have a poverty spec BMW 5 series but, these days it's not uncommon to see all sorts of, what would previously considered upscale cars, parked almost anywhere.

My nearest post office is in a pretty poor estate yet there are quite a few very new cars; not the junior exec 5 series stuff, more like PCP cheap monthly deals. C3s, Clios, Yarises etc. The sort of cars that can be seen in advertised with the attractive monthly payment written on it outside local Tesco etc. Dunno where the money comes from regardless, I saw a few people in the locale examining what was likely their new car in a snazzy colour; they looked bemused and if I were an alien I'd have said the two objects (the family and the car) were probably not from the same planet. I suppose all it needs to fit in is a couple of weeks of kerbing the alloys and the obligatory parking dent in the bootlid. Edited by The Knimbies who say no

HOLA4425

Council estates used to be the main repository for old big-engined exec barges and knackered repmobiles. I can't say I tour rough estates that extensively but, I get the impression, they aren't there now. Mystery where they've gone maybe they don't sell in the numbers to start with, any longer.