House Price Crash Forum

As Most Men Who Travel Know - Uk Women Are The Fattest In Europe

swissy_fit

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15901351

UK has more obese women than any other country in Europe, according to European Union figures.

Data agency Eurostat, which looked at 19 countries, found nearly a quarter of UK women - 23.9% - were recorded as being obese in the year 2008 to 2009.

Just over 22% of UK men were classed as obese, coming second only to Malta.

A person is defined as obese if their body mass index (BMI), the result of a calculation involving weight and height, is above a certain level.

The BMI correlates fairly well with body fat.

Statisticians found the share of overweight and obese people increases with age in all of the 19 member states that data was available for.

The data come from the European Health Interview Survey (EHIS) and was published by Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.

Its figures for the UK were based on data from England, although surveys suggest the percentage of obese adults in Wales and Northern Ireland is similar and Scotland's latest health report put the figure at 28%.

After the UK, the countries with the highest levels of female obesity were Malta, with 21.1%, and Latvia, where 20.9% fulfilled that criteria.

Meanwhile, after Malta and the UK, the countries with the highest instances of male obesity were Hungary - where 21.4% fall into that category - and the Czech Republic, where 18.4% are classed as such.

The UK's high levels of obesity are in stark contrast to those in countries such as Romania, where just 8% of women were classed as obese along with 7.6% of men.

Obesity levels were also found to be low in Italy, Bulgaria and France.

In Italy, 9.3% of women were found to be obese and 11.3% men.

Meanwhile, in Bulgaria levels of obesity for women and men were found to be 11.3% and 11.6%, with levels of France identified as being 12.7% and 11.7% respectively.

The figures suggested that the proportion of women who are obese or overweight falls as the educational level rises.

Last month, Health Secretary Andrew Lansley launched a bid to reduce obesity levels in England by 2020.

The minister said people need to be honest with themselves about how much they eat and drink.

He said that, overall, Britons should be eating five billion fewer calories a day than at present.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

The highest instances of male obesity were Hungary - where 21.4% fall into that category - and the Czech Republic, where 18.4% are classed as such.

Interesting, as both those countries have very attractive looking ladies - so, we all know where to go lads.

Having the fattest women merely allows more obese women to state their body as 'average size' on dating sites.

I would love to know the average BMIs of women in each country just to compare BMIs from nation to nation.

HOLA443
HOLA444

The highest instances of male obesity were Hungary - where 21.4% fall into that category - and the Czech Republic, where 18.4% are classed as such.

Interesting, as both those countries have very attractive looking ladies - so, we all know where to go lads.

Having the fattest women merely allows more obese women to state their body as 'average size' on dating sites.

I would love to know the average BMIs of women in each country just to compare BMIs from nation to nation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-18770328

HOLA445

Note the bit that you didn't quote is "after the UK". British men can't complain about British women when we're barely any better ourselves.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I've lived in the UK for 10 years. A few years back I went to Stockholm on business. While sitting in a taxi on the way to work driving through Stockholm city centre I realised I hadn't seen a single fat person during rush hour.

Not a single one.

HOLA449

Not only are British women porkers but they tend to have attitude problems to boot - generally militant feminist ballbreakers who think they are beauty queens.

You have not experienced Swedish feminism. Half the ads on TV in the UK would be banned in Sweden. I lived in the same dorms at uni with some hard core feminists. There were two who were especially bad. Some stories below:

I mentioned the word "string underwear" and one of them started having a go at me due to the unjustice string underwear is to women and how this is a sign of the male patriarchy. I didn't even suggest she or anyone she knows should wear them, I simple mentioned it in passing (I can't remember what it was now).

The second occassion was when I jokingly (while everyone was waiting for the taxi to arrive - and one of the women was putting on some last minute make up (actually my girlfriend at the time) and I said: "Typical women, taking ages to get ready". feminist number two shouted at me, started crying, slammed the door and didn't join us for the night out. I was a male pig.

Now this same feminist would never sleep with her boyfriend in the "missionary position" as this would mean she would be underneath her boyfriend and this would clearly be a sign that she was being opressed as a woman.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You have not experienced Swedish feminism. Half the ads on TV in the UK would be banned in Sweden. I lived in the same dorms at uni with some hard core feminists. There were two who were especially bad. Some stories below:

I mentioned the word "string underwear" and one of them started having a go at me due to the unjustice string underwear is to women and how this is a sign of the male patriarchy. I didn't even suggest she or anyone she knows should wear them, I simple mentioned it in passing (I can't remember what it was now).

The second occassion was when I jokingly (while everyone was waiting for the taxi to arrive - and one of the women was putting on some last minute make up (actually my girlfriend at the time) and I said: "Typical women, taking ages to get ready". feminist number two shouted at me, started crying, slammed the door and didn't join us for the night out. I was a male pig.

Now this same feminist would never sleep with her boyfriend in the "missionary position" as this would mean she would be underneath her boyfriend and this would clearly be a sign that she was being opressed as a woman.

What you're trying to tell us is that at uni you was a big fan of sisqo's thong song?

HOLA4412

I had a girlfriend who most of the time could only "get off" while on top, she may just have been like that.

As for your girlfriend throwing a hissy-fit about nothing to call attention to herself and try and make you crawl around apologising, that's hardly feminist behaviour! (though some might argue it's feminine)

HOLA4413

I had a girlfriend who most of the time could only "get off" while on top, she may just have been like that.

As for your girlfriend throwing a hissy-fit about nothing to call attention to herself and try and make you crawl around apologising, that's hardly feminist behaviour! (though some might argue it's feminine)

No it was the other feminist having a go at me for joking about my girlfriend taking time to get ready.

With regards to the anti missionary - she clearly stated it was from a feminist perspective. I suspect she had other issues as well like.

HOLA4414

Around town on your typical Saturday it's challenging to spot many women under the age of about 20 who aren't carrying around a bit of extra weight, and often a lot extra. Not that I'm fatist or anything, but I'm sure it has gotten much worse over the last few decades.

HOLA4415

I sometimes wonder: is it that some people are just predisposed to falling into an ideological fanaticism and it's just the first one that comes along that gets them, or is it that everyone has it in them and some people just happen to fall under the influence of the right/wrong ideology at the right/wrong time? I have known quite a few people over the years that were quite normal then fell quite quickly into religious/political/social issues fervour. The documentary on the naked rambler was a good example.

HOLA4416

I sometimes wonder: is it that some people are just predisposed to falling into an ideological fanaticism and it's just the first one that comes along that gets them, or is it that everyone has it in them and some people just happen to fall under the influence of the right/wrong ideology at the right/wrong time? I have known quite a few people over the years that were quite normal then fell quite quickly into religious/political/social issues fervour. The documentary on the naked rambler was a good example.

Like buying/not buying a house.

HOLA4417

Guess its a cultural thing. eastern euro women probably like barrel shaped gangster type men.

Ive seen similar stats for west indian and african obesity, where the men are thin and women are fat...black men are known for their fondness of full 'booties' are they not, so fat women in africa are probably highly prized.

On the plus side, being overweight also means our female stock has the largest bust size.

HOLA4418

Guess its a cultural thing. eastern euro women probably like barrel shaped gangster type men.

Ive seen similar stats for west indian and african obesity, where the men are thin and women are fat...black men are known for their fondness of full 'booties' are they not, so fat women in africa are probably highly prized.

On the plus side, being overweight also means our female stock has the largest bust size.

Tits on a fat bird is like abs on a skinny guy

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This isn't feminism. It's control freakery.

A lot of women have it. I think it may be just due to some evolutionary advantage conferred on people who exhibit it ie women you control their childrens actions in an extreme way make their kids more likely to survive.

Control freaks like to use things like feminism as cover because it gives them the opportunity to tell people what to do.

Often the control freak will exhibit an extreme feminist viewpoint when reviewing other peoples actions, but be a massive hypocrite when running their own life (its almost impossible to take a highly polarised viewpoint on anything without being a hypocrite).

The going back to the room and refusing to go out - throwing the hissy fit is simply her trying to dictate the course of the evening, trying to stop everyone doing what they want to do and pay attention to her wants/needs/requirements.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Up here in the North East I'd venture as far as to say 50% of women are obese.

A few years ago, I went through a binge eating and drinking phase and started getting a beer gut. One night I got a bit too drunk and a woman I know who is pretty fat and a bit of a gobby cow made a sly dig at my now noticeable gut. I responded with "I don't think you can really criticize any one on their weight" and I am still on her "to kill" list to this day. This same woman also has her boyfriend on a diet to get him down from 15 stone to the 11 stone he was when they met each other. If I were him I'd tell her to lead by example. I'd say she's about 5ft 2" and pushing 15 or 16 stone.

I think men are partially to blame. Women know how desperate for sex most blokes are and s know they can eat and drink whatever they want and still pull.

HOLA4425

Archived