House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441

This post made my SUNDAY! :D

I bet this guy is like the astute & shrewd in the fact he KNOWS when to buy property and when to NOT buy ....and NEVER sells just sits it out.

Don't be too modest here Maynardgravy. Your story has cheered up a lot of people.

Though I do agree with your point that we shouldn't read too much into what this guy says. It is quite possible hat there is no internal report, or that there is no official memo floating at HBOS. Instead, something much more powerful is occurring: sentiment amongst the elite is shifting. The point being is that this one guy (old money, wealthy, well-connected and so forth) will recount a similar story amongst his associates and they will recount it to other and so forth. I would like to equate it with an avalanche. The guy you told us about is a snowflake. Him and his friends are equal to a tiny little snowball. Well, at some stage the weight of the snow will cause it to break away into a massive avalanche.

The point I am trying to make is that this guy represents potentially something much more powerful than any internal report or memo could represent. He represents that the sentiment is shifting. We knew it had amongst the international oligarchy. But now "locals" are starting to realise what is happening. Either way, it cheers me up tremendously.

A couple of joiners sitting in their van could figure it out if they put their brains in gear and saw the TV Brain Pap for what it is, this guy won`t be making the market if he has money and doesn`t need to sell, but if more leveraged people in his circle start panicking it will be game on. Another theory is that they told the guy to drop some HPC friendly vibes to make the day out go better, behind our man`s back :lol:

HOLA442

WTF has getting pregnant got to do with buying a house? What cr4p.

Don't tell me you can't have kids and rent. B0llocks.

If you want to avoid decorating some one else's house on a short term tenancy it is. I certainly would not like to start a family in rented accommodation.

HOLA443

If you want to avoid decorating some one else's house on a short term tenancy it is. I certainly would not like to start a family in rented accommodation.

What utter and total boolax

For us renting was much better, no maintenance to worry about, no trips to DIY land, no painting and decorating, no stress.

Why anyone would own a house and start a familly is beyond me. The cost of decorating a room just for a baby that will never see it was enough to cover my rent for 3 months !!!

People really should think before talking utter and total s**te

HOLA444

For the majority of people born after 1980 deciding whether to start their family in rented or owner occupied accommodation is like deciding whether to have spag bol or unicorn steak for dinner. The choice of tenure is out of their hands. The UK is about to embark on a large scale social experiment into what happens when you deny the breeding and child-rearing generation access to stable housing.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

What utter and total boolax

For us renting was much better, no maintenance to worry about, no trips to DIY land, no painting and decorating, no stress.

Why anyone would own a house and start a familly is beyond me. The cost of decorating a room just for a baby that will never see it was enough to cover my rent for 3 months !!!

People really should think before talking utter and total s**te

I really don't care for your aggressive tone. I simply gave my opinion on what I feel would be my preferred situation on circumstances that are quite relevant at this minute to my life.

I sincerely apologise for having an opinion that differs to your own. You come across as a seriously bitter and twisted individual.

Edited by doomed

HOLA448

Hey man, everyone prefers different things.

Let's not preference get in the way of our united goal; To see an end to the madness that is endlesss over-valued HPI.

To your wife who can't wait for her own house; I guarantee when prices spiral down you can convince her that you can get a bargain in a better place than if you'd bought today. And you will.

Then you'll have a lifetime supply of brownie points.

HOLA449

I sincerely apologise for having an opinion that differs to your own. You come across as a seriously bitter and twisted individual.

Anyone who doesn't come across as a seriously bitter and twisted individual is letting the side down. We, as a group, have a reputation to maintain. Cheer up, doomed. Or rather, don't. ;)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Don't be too modest here Maynardgravy. Your story has cheered up a lot of people.

Though I do agree with your point that we shouldn't read too much into what this guy says. It is quite possible hat there is no internal report, or that there is no official memo floating at HBOS. Instead, something much more powerful is occurring: sentiment amongst the elite is shifting. The point being is that this one guy (old money, wealthy, well-connected and so forth) will recount a similar story amongst his associates and they will recount it to other and so forth. I would like to equate it with an avalanche. The guy you told us about is a snowflake. Him and his friends are equal to a tiny little snowball. Well, at some stage the weight of the snow will cause it to break away into a massive avalanche.

The point I am trying to make is that this guy represents potentially something much more powerful than any internal report or memo could represent. He represents that the sentiment is shifting. We knew it had amongst the international oligarchy. But now "locals" are starting to realise what is happening. Either way, it cheers me up tremendously.

Thanks.

I am not trying to be modest. I'm just aware that it's anecdotal.

But as far as cheering people up? You should have heard it from the horses mouth. :D

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I really don't care for your aggressive tone. I simply gave my opinion on what I feel would be my preferred situation on circumstances that are quite relevant at this minute to my life.

if you stick your #### in a bee hive your going to get badly stung. no point moaning about it afterwards.

my advice to you is stop sticking your knob where it's not wanted.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4417

if you stick your #### in a bee hive your going to get badly stung. no point moaning about it afterwards.

my advice to you is stop sticking your knob where it's not wanted.

You moved to France to have a house, having the opinion you may want to buy one near where you work and live and want to raise your family is significantly less stupid.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Deeply financially illiterate post.

it wasn't a post it was a fear inducing propaganda broadcast.

probably the only place in England that they have no effect.

anyway, well said.

I've rented while having a family, in personally happy not to have to pay for new carpets and repaint several walls.

it's a very messy jobs bringing up little ones, if you know what I mean and I'm sure that you do.

the money saved renting whilst watching my landlords asset crumble beneath my feet has paid dividends.

I'm now free to decide where to move to go the world to further my children's education and experiences.

life is not black and white. it's horses for courses but for me renting is the best choice while your children are producing copious amounts of foul smelling uncontrollable liquids.

my advice, buy a house when they are potty trained :lol:

HOLA4424

it wasn't a post it was a fear inducing propaganda broadcast.

probably the only place in England that they have no effect.

anyway, well said.

I've rented while having a family, in personally happy not to have to pay for new carpets and repaint several walls.

it's a very messy jobs bringing up little ones, if you know what I mean and I'm sure that you do.

the money saved renting whilst watching my landlords asset crumble beneath my feet has paid dividends.

I'm now free to decide where to move to go the world to further my children's education and experiences.

life is not black and white. it's horses for courses but for me renting is the best choice while your children are producing copious amounts of foul smelling uncontrollable liquids.

my advice, buy a house when they are potty trained :lol:

I have very young children and I'm renting. Paradoxically it allows me to take more risks with my job to seek interesting stuff. This is because renting is cheaper, considerably so, and being pariah status tenure, it's heavily backstopped by government benefits whereas owning is increasingly less so.. The moment the financial calculations come out the other way around I'll buy a house. My honest guess is that's a decade away at least.

HOLA4425

For the record I have been coming this site since 2006. I am a firm believer that houses are overvalued and at some point have to fall to match fundamentals. I can't believe that a post giving an opinion has stirred up such strong reactions in some posters.

Maybe some posters feel a touch defensive about their situation, but surely debate rather than attack should be the way to convince people.

Last post for me on the matter.