House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
3 hours ago, sackot said:

Thumbs up to BTC Pay and a hardware wallet, I hadn't guessed you'd be wanting to get into the nitty-gritty.

You didn't mention what size or frequency of payments would be involved. If small and frequent, you must be set up to use Lightning. Unfortunately that requires a hot wallet, which will need to be swept often to your hardware wallet so you don't leave too much online.

If payments are larger on-chain should be fine for now but I do expect the fees to increase over time. Also, one of the commonest complaints from customers who expect the fee to be constant is "service X just charged me large fee Y WTF?".

There are many challenges with it but there are many solutions now! 

I will let you know how I get on i'm not even set up yet I've tested BTC Pay and liked it

HOLA442
1 hour ago, PalmerEldritch said:

You got shafted and went super quiet for months afterwards. Don’t try and change the reality. Plenty of historical posts prove the point.

Both PulseX and PulseChain are completely screwed (down around 90%). You missed out on your 1 chance to make it big on scam coins and messed it up.

Don’t be giving out advice to other posters because you aren’t a professional investor and have no clue what may or may not occur. 

Where and how did i get shafted?  Explain please, i'm intrigued.  And hysterical posts? About what?  We often go quiet in a bear market, this thread has plenty of evidence of that. My investment premise in Crypto was always the one goal, documented on here several times and realised in 2021.  To sell a maximum of 50% of my holdings to at least clear my outstanding mortgage AFTER paying taxes.  The remain pot i always said i would let run and se what happens over a few more cycles.  We have not had another full cycle since 2021 and wont until 2025 so the jury is out on that until then. Happened in October 2021.   

Hex was down 90% not long after launching by 2020 and after big payday, then come the next bull market , it wasn't, it outperformed everything.   PulseX and PulseChain will be no different.  RH always times releasing new Crypto projects in bear market bottoms,  It's no coincidence that HEX and PulseChain were launched 4 years apart, 2019 and 2023, both cycle bottom years.  

My advice is if you want some massive gainz come 2025 buy PulseChain and PulseX now, while they are on sale. 

HOLA443
On 8/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, Warlord said:

You won't believe this @markyhand @MonsieurCopperCrutchbut im getting loads of requests to take Bitcoin.

So many I am now thinking about it again 

What is the best place to buy coins ? Where do you direct people ? What's the best app? 

I haven't looked at in years and a lot has changed.  I want it to be as easy as possible for them to buy coins & trade. 

Bearing in mind it's still a complex thing for many people.

Wait, what? You are buying Bitcoin now!!!! What happened to your sick gainzzz gold fanboism? 

Just buy on Kraken. No app required. But get a hardware wallet at least to store them offline. 

WELCOME BACK TO THE FOLD!!!

HOLA444
HOLA445
8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Wait, what? You are buying Bitcoin now!!!! What happened to your sick gainzzz gold fanboism? 

Just buy on Kraken. No app required. But get a hardware wallet at least to store them offline. 

WELCOME BACK TO THE FOLD!!!

I'm not buying them to speculate im taking them for business transactions with BTC Pay.

Complicated but interesting   

HOLA446
HOLA447
4 minutes ago, Gbob said:

In what sector are customers asking to pay in Bitcoin?

Are you selling pizzas?

🤣🤣🤣

you know it's funny you say that last time I was into it there was one bloke who paid for a pizza for 1 BTC or something.

Crazy.

That was a long time ago,.  🤦‍♂️

HOLA448

OK so now i'm looking at "onboarding" which can be integrated so instead of having to send users to Kraken I can use a widget and allow them to buy coins directly from an exchange 

Very clever stuff. 

The best part is some of them offer no need to KYC (no checks) up to 500 euros or something under their jurisdiction's law. (mostly Swiss).

How genius is that for a solution ?  I like it.

They only do bank transfers though no debit card. But that's fine most people have a banking app or whatever.

So this can all be integrated and made to look superb without the user having to faff around on an external exchange/site 

@sackot

Edited by Warlord

HOLA449
7 hours ago, Warlord said:

OK so now i'm looking at "onboarding" which can be integrated so instead of having to send users to Kraken I can use a widget and allow them to buy coins directly from an exchange 

Very clever stuff. 

The best part is some of them offer no need to KYC (no checks) up to 500 euros or something under their jurisdiction's law. (mostly Swiss).

How genius is that for a solution ?  I like it.

They only do bank transfers though no debit card. But that's fine most people have a banking app or whatever.

So this can all be integrated and made to look superb without the user having to faff around on an external exchange/site 

@sackot

You're rampaging away with the research, good job.

For doubtful users I agree simplicity is a virtue and KYC a PIA, so if your Swiss setup works that will be great. ISTR from my slight dealings with Swiss institutions that they assume you can do a free SEPA transfer which might not apply for UK.

Maybe not relevant for your purposes, but my experience of setting people (friends not customers) up with Lightning was that the absolute simplest approach was Wallet of Satoshi. If you are sitting with someone and want to show them how easy it is to pay with Lightning, you can have them download it and be up and running in a couple of minutes. Transfer a few satoshis from your own phone, send them off to buy the  coffee. WoS allows in-app bitcoin purchase via something called Moonpay, which takes Visa etc. Not integrated in the way you want,  I assume the exchange rate will not be great, and WoS is pretty limited, but a way of getting people started.

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, sackot said:

You're rampaging away with the research, good job.

I have hired help but I need to write the spec out so have to do my research so they know what to do or what the idea is at the very least.

It's quite a complex thing isnt it but nothing is impossible. It can all be figured out.

I'm trying to make it seamless and look superb like the Kraken site. That is so user-friendly.

The clever thing with on boarding the exchange is you use an "Iframe" and integrate a widget right there on your website! So they don't need to leave or you can make it a pop-up. I dont know what's best yet.

Got to look good on the phone too. It's a challenge...

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4411
On 13/08/2023 at 08:11, Warlord said:

🤣🤣🤣

you know it's funny you say that last time I was into it there was one bloke who paid for a pizza for 1 BTC or something.

Crazy.

That was a long time ago,.  🤦‍♂️

It was so much worse than that.  He spent 10,000 bitcoin on 2 Papa Johns pizzas (woth $40 at time I think)

OUCH.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 8/16/2023 at 5:39 PM, Bear Necessities said:

It was so much worse than that.  He spent 10,000 bitcoin on 2 Papa Johns pizzas (woth $40 at time I think)

OUCH.

I didn't realise that but do remember at the time Bitcoin was just a fun/novelty thing it used to be "gifted" all over the place especially on IRC among friends and such. No one really could have thought it would be worth what it is - in just a few years. 

As for OUCH I have plenty of those considering what I got out at (not as bad as your very early example!).

You live and learn....

Now i've gone full circle and trying to see opportunities again (not speculating or HODling). 

I just wonder if people will actually pay for goods and services in it.

Although I've had requests I dont know until I actually go live with the gateway

It needs to be made as easy as possible for the general consumer because it's complex even for me for Christ sake!

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4416

One thing that helps is that PayPal let you buy crypto in their App although they wont allow it for a business account.

I can simply direct people to purchase crypto in their PayPal App and then point them to the gateway. 

Huge that and makes things easier I feel.

There is also the "onboarding" option with an exchange so they dont have to even leave the site and only have to enter a phone # (I think... Not tested this yet).

@sackot

If looking to take crypto payments then it has to be designed and explained very carefully or I feel it will lose most folk. The technology is not a problem just explaining to potential newbies. It's challenging for sure...

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
27 minutes ago, Warlord said:

As for OUCH I have plenty of those considering what I got out at (not as bad as your very early example!).

Apparently someone on here, can't remember the name, sold 700-odd Bitcoin when they hit a few hundred quid in 2013ish and bought a house. He was in at super early prices and while it's not a bad outcome, he sold all of them and kept nothing in reserve, which is a bad move IMO.

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, Huggy said:

Apparently someone on here, can't remember the name, sold 700-odd Bitcoin when they hit a few hundred quid in 2013ish and bought a house. He was in at super early prices and while it's not a bad outcome, he sold all of them and kept nothing in reserve, which is a bad move IMO.

That is interesting because had they been going up and at that level at the time I would have kept some. I was out very early circa 2011/12. I hate thinking about it. I'd be richer than @markyh 🤡

The "gainz" have been incredible.  The thing for me now is trying to accept them as a form of payment rather than speculation. This will be the true test of Bitcoin/crypto and its future beyond being just something you speculate with 

There is a quote I hear often: " Bitcoin fixes this " 

HOLA4422
17 hours ago, Warlord said:

I didn't realise that but do remember at the time Bitcoin was just a fun/novelty thing it used to be "gifted" all over the place especially on IRC among friends and such. No one really could have thought it would be worth what it is - in just a few years. 

You live and learn....

Now i've gone full circle and trying to see opportunities again (not speculating or HODling). 

I just wonder if people will actually pay for goods and services in it.

Although I've had requests I dont know until I actually go live with the gateway

It needs to be made as easy as possible for the general consumer because it's complex even for me for Christ sake!

I wouldn't worry about any of those people, they are all ok. They were mining BTC for free using off the shelf computers and had tens if not hundreds of thousands. An enthusiast who spent 10k BTC on a pizza had a whole lot more than that and will be one of the OG mega whales.

HOLA4423
On 11/08/2023 at 06:35, Gbob said:

Maybe. But there's never been a halving during a recession. Which we may well be in by spring next year. 

True but there are so many factors this time around including inflation.  If you listen to what is happening in the space, HNW individuals are waking up as are institutional investors.   Also, FASB accounting rules are due to be revised and this will drive institutional and company adoption.

On 11/08/2023 at 07:45, markyh said:

Bitcoin Winter is over, we are in early spring now, the bottom is in @ $15500, the bottom marks the end of Winter. 

Exactly. And I bought at this price. 😁

HOLA4424
On 11/08/2023 at 13:44, Warlord said:

You won't believe this @markyhand @MonsieurCopperCrutchbut im getting loads of requests to take Bitcoin.

So many I am now thinking about it again 

What is the best place to buy coins ? Where do you direct people ? What's the best app? 

I haven't looked at in years and a lot has changed.  I want it to be as easy as possible for them to buy coins & trade. 

Bearing in mind it's still a complex thing for many people.

Good for, @Warlord 

You responding to customer need.  Being open-minded on this issue will provide many benefits that are simply impossible to imagine until you do the work.  I would never trade my bitcoin.  It is too precious. The developments in the bitcoin space blow my mind.

It depends is the answer to your question.  So many options.  As @markyh @MonsieurCopperCrutch suggest, Kraken is tried and tested although KYC/AML.  I opted for Kraken too.   Out of principle, I will not use Coinbase.

The banks are attempting to stop funds flowing out into bitcoin/crypto. NatWest, like many banks has set the maximum transfer limit to an exchange of £5k in 30 days.

https://www.businessexpert.co.uk/business-banking/crypto-friendly/

If you prefer KYC-free bitcoin, decentralised exchanges include Peach Bitcoin (mobile), Robosats (lightning - desktop),Bisq (desktop) or HodlHodl (desktop)and Azetco (voucher) although these are not necessarily straighforward. 

HOLA4425
On 11/08/2023 at 15:06, Warlord said:

Trading as in commerce not trading as in instruments if you know what I mean

I want the easiest solution for folk to get coins and spend them [with me]. I will also need to write a little blurb/explainer. 

Fortunately I'm experienced with it but I haven't looked at it in years. 

I will have to eat some humble pie in the process.....

Respect. 🧡