House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
7 hours ago, markyh said:

You want to use it for business transactions?  Bitcoin  / Fiat gateway as such.  The i believe Square or Strike are good for this. @MonsieurCopperCrutch may know more about it.  Maybe @Buffer Bear too. 

Yes but I need to explain it 

I know already how to accept it

https://www.kraken.com/en-gb/learn/buy-bitcoin-btc

This is perfect. Nice design and easy for the customer to get started

Thanks @markyh

I bought a hardware wallet for myself 

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
9 hours ago, sackot said:

https://swiss-bitcoin-pay.ch/

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

No personal experience of them, unfortunately.

Thar's like a card I dont think I'm looking for that 

BTC Pay Server is the best option for a business I think. No fees whatsoever and it works quite well (I've tested it) 

That's the one I want to work with anyway.

Then I can say "Go to Kraken to get your coins" > It's a beautiful website and explains things and looks easy to get started.

@markyh

HOLA445
3 hours ago, Warlord said:

@markyhI know I'm going to have to eat humble pie but I'm missing out if I dont take it. Seems like a no-brainer 

🤡

It's getting popular as a form of payment I notice. 

Bear in mind I haven't used it for 10 years it's now a lot easier to integrate/take and buy (Kraken). 

I’m really curious what industry it is where it’s getting popular as a payment method for your customers.

Im also confused why you have bought a hardware wallet when you were completely against it. You can use a payment provider to take the bitcoin and give you fiat and you never have to deal with it

HOLA446
7 minutes ago, dannyf said:

I’m really curious what industry it is where it’s getting popular as a payment method for your customers.

Im also confused why you have bought a hardware wallet when you were completely against it. You can use a payment provider to take the bitcoin and give you fiat and you never have to deal with it

you have to listen to your customers in business and the hardware wallet is more about security and peace of mind. Why else do they sell them? I'd rather have something physical computers can crash .

Edited by Warlord

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 hours ago, Warlord said:

BTC Pay Server is the best option for a business I think. No fees whatsoever and it works quite well (I've tested it) 

That's the one I want to work with anyway.

Then I can say "Go to Kraken to get your coins" > It's a beautiful website and explains things and looks easy to get started.

@markyh

The more important thing is with Kraken for GBP they own a company called Payward Ltd that is UK FCA registered for Crypto , and i have never had any of the UK Bank accounts used block it putting ££ FIAT in or out of it either as BACS / FASTER payments or debit card.  

Remember in October 2021 i withdrew £300k from Kraken into UK bank accounts with HSBC (First Direct) , Nationwide and Halifax (Lloyds effectively) .  Zero issues.  

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
26 minutes ago, markyh said:

The more important thing is with Kraken for GBP they own a company called Payward Ltd that is UK FCA registered for Crypto , and i have never had any of the UK Bank accounts used block it putting ££ FIAT in or out of it either as BACS / FASTER payments or debit card.  

Remember in October 2021 i withdrew £300k from Kraken into UK bank accounts with HSBC (First Direct) , Nationwide and Halifax (Lloyds effectively) .  Zero issues.  

Yes that is a big plus. I will send ppl there. 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
7 minutes ago, Warlord said:

Hey @markyhI got the Trezor h/w wallet. I want to be secure and off the laptop really. I just like to have something physical 

Are they any good ?

I have both a Trezor and a Ledger from 2018.  Both worked fine.  Might have been an issue with Trezors in the past, something bugging me. Google it.  I think there used to be a potential hardware hack it bad actors could physically get hold of it.  As far as remote hardware wallet off PC storage goes, both work fine. 

HOLA4415

Thumbs up to BTC Pay and a hardware wallet, I hadn't guessed you'd be wanting to get into the nitty-gritty.

You didn't mention what size or frequency of payments would be involved. If small and frequent, you must be set up to use Lightning. Unfortunately that requires a hot wallet, which will need to be swept often to your hardware wallet so you don't leave too much online.

If payments are larger on-chain should be fine for now but I do expect the fees to increase over time. Also, one of the commonest complaints from customers who expect the fee to be constant is "service X just charged me large fee Y WTF?".

HOLA4416
43 minutes ago, sackot said:

You didn't mention what size or frequency of payments would be involved. If small and frequent, you must be set up to use Lightning. Unfortunately that requires a hot wallet, which will need to be swept often to your hardware wallet so you don't leave too much online.

I will look into this thank you 

HOLA4417

I received an email from HSBC this week stating limits for sending money to crypto exchanges (no limit for receiving). I thought this was at least quite promising as before the indications were that they banned them. They wouldn’t even allow you to buy public shares in any crypto company which was just absurd.

I never had issues with HSBC myself although I sent via a clearing bank to an overseas exchange and, apart from last month, have not tried to do this for a long time. I’m happy that they are no longer threatening to close accounts for sending or receiving payments though.

HOLA4418
11 hours ago, Warlord said:

@markyh

The Swiss pay allows customers to pay with a bolt card so if you are accepting face to face payments this would be ‘good to have’ as it is a contactless payment system, a bit like ordinary bank cards. The cards themselves are incredibly cheap to produce at scale, a few cents I believe. I have one of them, but not many retailers accept them so never had the opportunity to use it yet!

HOLA4419
7 hours ago, Warlord said:

The hardware wallet thing costs 60 notes and is more about storage and portability for me. I thought it made sense getting one

Why do they sell them @dannyf? I'm guessing a lot of people want them for my reasoning ?

You didn’t get my point. If you’re keeping your own bitcoin then a hardware wallet is a great choice.

I was questioning why you need to hold any bitcoin if it’s just about taking payment in bitcoin from your customers. Payment providers can handle it all for you if you wanted.

HOLA4420
Just now, dannyf said:

You didn’t get my point. If you’re keeping your own bitcoin then a hardware wallet is a great choice.

I was questioning why you need to hold any bitcoin if it’s just about taking payment in bitcoin from your customers. Payment providers can handle it all for you if you wanted.

I prefer getting them onto a h/w wallet some of us remember MT GOX 

HOLA4421
43 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I prefer getting them onto a h/w wallet some of us remember MT GOX 

I would point customers towards other sources rather than give them advice like that. They’ll only blame you when they make a mistake and lose access to their bitcoin 

HOLA4422
4 minutes ago, dannyf said:

I would point customers towards other sources rather than give them advice like that. They’ll only blame you when they make a mistake and lose access to their bitcoin 

I'm going to use BTC Pay and put mine onto the wallet not advising customers to do that. 

It's for storage 

F**k third parties. I dont trust any of them 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 minute ago, dannyf said:

Fair enough 😁 welcome to the club 

Ironic isnt it....

It's all interesting having to re-learn.  Not much has changed except everything now has an app .

I think sending customers to Kraken for coins is a good idea the website is top notch and customers should like it

I am looking into what @sackotsaid about Lightening though. 

HOLA4425
On 07/08/2023 at 07:16, markyh said:

My Crypto sales and purchases are documented on here, Sale was October 2021,  BTC and HEX , $500k disposal.   I paid £38k tax last year, mainly CGT.  Try trolling harder please. 

You got shafted and went super quiet for months afterwards. Don’t try and change the reality. Plenty of historical posts prove the point.

Both PulseX and PulseChain are completely screwed (down around 90%). You missed out on your 1 chance to make it big on scam coins and messed it up.

Don’t be giving out advice to other posters because you aren’t a professional investor and have no clue what may or may not occur. 

Edited by PalmerEldritch