HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

ah well. Just another added to a huge list of pump and dump Alts. Yet Bitcoin persists. 

dead Alts only strengthen bitcoin, as long as there are fools in this world there will always be Alt coins. 

“a fool and his money are soon parted”

really it’s a poor show exchanges even entertaining Alts, it’s not very moral, it’s great that some exchanges still have moral high ground by only dealing with Bitcoin. 

I guess when you have ‘extreme greed’ phases, Alts can soak that up a bit, rounding off bitcoins potential peaks, but saving the most flighty investors panic buying the short term spikes up (which would be more pronounced if there was no alt money soaking up the fools money). 

perhaps now is a good time to really ping out 

“STAY AWAY FROM ALTS”

it’s better to say that now, so when I’m April 2025 when Bitcoin is on its next rip, and people start to get silly with Alts again. Spamming this thread. I can go back and say “said this would happen” 

just like I said can be better to wait for lows to buy - as I proved by calling the low. 

but it’s all screaming at the moon. Humans will human either way. We are emotional creatures. It’s all a big cycle between greed, panic, regret, missed opportunities, arguments etc. currently still in the long ‘bitcoin winter’ stage, much better to buy now than close to the next peak, yet people will still panic buy the peak. happens each time! 

HOLA449
16 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

ah well. Just another added to a huge list of pump and dump Alts. Yet Bitcoin persists. 

dead Alts only strengthen bitcoin, as long as there are fools in this world there will always be Alt coins. 

“a fool and his money are soon parted”

really it’s a poor show exchanges even entertaining Alts, it’s not very moral, it’s great that some exchanges still have moral high ground by only dealing with Bitcoin. 

I guess when you have ‘extreme greed’ phases, Alts can soak that up a bit, rounding off bitcoins potential peaks, but saving the most flighty investors panic buying the short term spikes up (which would be more pronounced if there was no alt money soaking up the fools money). 

perhaps now is a good time to really ping out 

“STAY AWAY FROM ALTS”

it’s better to say that now, so when I’m April 2025 when Bitcoin is on its next rip, and people start to get silly with Alts again. Spamming this thread. I can go back and say “said this would happen” 

just like I said can be better to wait for lows to buy - as I proved by calling the low. 

but it’s all screaming at the moon. Humans will human either way. We are emotional creatures. It’s all a big cycle between greed, panic, regret, missed opportunities, arguments etc. currently still in the long ‘bitcoin winter’ stage, much better to buy now than close to the next peak, yet people will still panic buy the peak. happens each time! 

Not sure what this is about, but you are aware Hex has it's own layer 1 now right on Pulsechain and it's own dex on Pulse X , and since the 1:1 split in May the value of e-hex ( Hex on ethereum traded via uniswap) had fallen to 30% of the price of the true Hex on Pulsechain.    

So this doesn't really do much. does seem odd though. And there is is still a uniswap ticker tracking the trading of e-hex and the price is going up!   

https://uniswap.hex.vision/?ticker=UniswapV2:HEXUSDC&interval=1

So my guess is something has happened for Hex on Uniswap v1 , but as all the volume is on Uniswap v2 and V3 it seems to be trading fine. 

I have no liquid e-hex right now, it's all staked earning yeild, but i went on I went on 1inch and connected my wallet and it would happily let me trade Ethereum for Hex if i wished.  

I guessing a contract address change for e-Hex on uniswap V1 or something?  That does not effect trading volumes and there is little liquidity on V1 , only v2 and V3. 

Time will tell.  Last i checked e-hex was still trading for about $0.0055 usd , live now.   

HOLA4410
2 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

I can’t say I disagree…

Looked into this, Uniswap.org frontend has some block on Hex trading but not listing weirdly.  But the defi smart contracts uniswap v1 / v2 and v3 and smart contracts are permission less, and e-hex is trading quite happily through several other defi frontends.  I use 1inch and it will allow me to trade e-hex for Ethereum right now if i wish. 

Nothing to see here, move along.  the Hex smart contract on Ethereum is still working flawlessly and the defi uniswap protocol smartcontract backend is trading hex with ETH, USDC, USDT and all manner of othe ERC20's.  

Trouble with being a BTC maxi is you dont understand Alts and DEFI / SMART contracts. 

I honestly have NEVER used Uniswap front end to trade any Alts, it's too clunky.  It is just a webpage frontend.  

Explains why i could find nothing about this on X hex related content i follow.  Literally no one uses the Uniswap front end anymore. 

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, markyh said:

Looked into this, Uniswap.org frontend has some block on Hex trading but not listing weirdly.  But the defi smart contracts uniswap v1 / v2 and v3 and smart contracts are permission less, and e-hex is trading quite happily through several other defi frontends.  I use 1inch and it will allow me to trade e-hex for Ethereum right now if i wish. 

Nothing to see here, move along.  the Hex smart contract on Ethereum is still working flawlessly and the defi uniswap protocol smartcontract backend is trading hex with ETH, USDC, USDT and all manner of othe ERC20's.  

Trouble with being a BTC maxi is you dont understand Alts and DEFI / SMART contracts. 

I honestly have NEVER used Uniswap front end to trade any Alts, it's too clunky.  It is just a webpage frontend.  

Explains why i could find nothing about this on X hex related content i follow.  Literally no one uses the Uniswap front end anymore. 

Thanks for the update.  Have you reconsidered your position ie get out rather than take counterparty risk or are you comfortable with your position having been successful w/ your ‘trades’ so far? 

ps absolutely correct. I’m a bitcoin maxi which you were part responsible for creating. 🧡🔥I’m bitcoin only and have no understanding of any other chain as all my focus is elsewhere.  I fail to understand the value prop of Hex or most $hitcoins especially when most are centralised entities. These are risky as how do you determine the winner among the 20,000 or so in existence?

I don’t have the time or motivation to look more deeply  not least as the solution to most ills is staring at us in face. Trading is not for me.  I like simple: buy and hodl. I hope you still hold bitcoin. The best savings technology on the planet. 

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4412
7 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

Thanks for the update.  Have you reconsidered your position ie get out rather than take counterparty risk or are you comfortable with your position having been successful w/ your ‘trades’ so far? 

there is no counterparty risk with Hex. its a finished launched smart contract, both Ethereum and Pulsechain would have to "disappear"  for it to cease functioning.  

Still have BTC, still have Eth , Still have Hex, and yes the $500k i sold in 2021 was a 2013-2021 lifes goal , the rest could go to zero, i wouldn't be devastated. it hasn't yet. 

the yeild on both Hex is still earning me around £600 pcm. So i'm not moaning. Roll on 2025. A rising tide lifts all boats. 

HOLA4413
On 02/08/2023 at 23:35, markyh said:

there is no counterparty risk with Hex. its a finished launched smart contract, both Ethereum and Pulsechain would have to "disappear"  for it to cease functioning.  

Still have BTC, still have Eth , Still have Hex, and yes the $500k i sold in 2021 was a 2013-2021 lifes goal , the rest could go to zero, i wouldn't be devastated. it hasn't yet. 

the yeild on both Hex is still earning me around £600 pcm. So i'm not moaning. Roll on 2025. A rising tide lifts all boats. 

Isn't PC at risk if Hex is?

Will be interesting to see this play out.  Even Eric Wall has doubts albeit I'm blocked from his and Udi's tweets.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On 07/07/2023 at 09:29, 70PC said:

This thread started in 2013 and has 1268 pages. My comments related to Bitcoin security and does not need to be in a new thread. Grow up. 

So much innovation in this area.  Even Dorsey is making a low cost HWW and in time, there will be far less friction.

As for network security, according to Saylor, to carry out a 51% attack, the attacker would need at least 2 earths energy.  Pointless overall as any nation state attack cannot be sustained.

HOLA4416
On 07/07/2023 at 07:35, 70PC said:

Fair comment but inferences to security were the issue. Pass words that can be hacked might not be a weakness in the block chain but it is a weakness. People also lose passwords and I read about someone who wanted to retrieve an old computer buried in a rubbish dump. 

As before this is not having a go bitcoin. It is about not overclaiming on matters like security, particularly when it can be done remotely. Money under the mattress reduces the pool of crooks to people within driving distance of your home and you don't need a password.

So be self-sovereign at the cost of learning how to secure your bitcoin.  Tiny trade off to secure a seedphrase & passphrase  especially when the process becomes seamless...

HOLA4417
On 12/07/2023 at 17:24, jiltedjen said:

just had some 403 errors. time to buy was when I last posted, the lows. will be higher than now around April 2025, however it’s probably fairly unlikely now that we will surpass the previous peak, that was a pretty special (one off) set of circumstances.

not the same situation in 2025, no more free stimulus cheques, and lockdowns, and people working from home, interest rates up disproportionately effecting the younger generations (who are most likely to buy bitcoin) I have kept a DCA up, but won’t be greedy or deluded with my sell limits, going to be a lot of resistance around previous highs, where people just try to exit whole. 

also it does seem there is a much stronger will to crack down on bitcoin than ever before. 

by all means buy, just don’t expect massive returns from here, not like the olden days.

and god help those who entered the market at the last peak, will have a heck of a job to bring their average positioning down. Bad timing. 

the kinds of people who got dragged in near the last peak just won’t have the same ammo near the next peak, and it’s the same set of people come the next peak, nothing drastically has changed. there is no additional huge flood of first time Bitcoiners, it’s the same pool. And of course there will be those who have a bad taste from last time, it’s going to 100k laser eyes type people, who genuinely have been burnt badly, I even know a few people who in real life sold perfectly at the lows, like the perfectly worst time to sell.

times have moved on a bit. there are no early investors anymore, not even those who bought just before the last bubble. just late comers now. 

imagine the head-winds facing the required mania, it requires lots of people to have some ‘gambling money’ and these days, even if people do start to make some good returns like 50% returns, we are no longer in a world where it’s appropriate to brag about it anymore, and that bragging is a critical requirement in building up a bubble, these days you would be called out really quickly ‘just trying to pay my mortgage mate, and feed the kids, don’t really need to hear about your gains, I couldn’t take part even if I wanted to’

back when I first got involved in bitcoin it was due to the huge injustices the young were expected to endure, so it was a way of creating your own reality (and it worked!) 

but now if you think about it, gen z are not facing the same situation as millenials are in quite the same way, they are not looking into the future right now and seeing HPI forever, they are looking at cheaper houses and a chance to buy. 

they don’t need to create their own reality anymore, as reality is looking much brighter for them.

Bitcoin no longer is the only possible hope of surviving this world for gen Z. You don’t need a lottery win if you think prices will fall. 

Back in 2011-2013 houses stopped gradually falling. Hope was being lost, and millenials were looking to actually tear the system down. 

now bitcoin doesn’t have the same allure. Especially now big banks have a stake. so it’s lost another key driver. 

and if those wishful early Bitcoiners no longer have their zeal anymore, your just left with flighty speculators. The early investors like myself got their fill. We have been placated, we got our lottery win. we were proven right. and that core of early investors are needed to keep the movement moving forward. 

I think the game over point was the laser eyes £100k people. those people who did endure before the feckless masses jumped in, they got their moon. It happened. 

In short, it's BTC is always cheap, if you know what you own.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On 25/07/2023 at 09:47, Data Dave said:

So is it not a race to buy and hold BTC in the fiat currency that is inflating(/expandingM2) that same currency the fastest then? As BTC will be 'worth more' relative to that? 

21M BTC (eg) 4Tn in USD circulating. If that increases to 8Tn USD in circulation there is still only 21M BTC. 

So is this not where arbitrage could appear to? Or is ab's only apparent due to liquidity, availability and exchange pricing?

Im asking out of naivety fyi...im not fishing for something just enjoy a chat round the subject.

Going back to point about is there any advantage to BTC being priced in anything other than FIAT. Could it ever be? I guess no right?

So eg the dollar ends today. What then happens to the dollar price of BTC? 

Just stop pricing it in fiat but against the stuff you wish to buy...

HOLA4420
On 25/07/2023 at 17:53, jiltedjen said:

but honestly no-one knows where Bitcoin is in its life cycle. Has it only found half its value? Has it already passed its maximum value? 

personally I think it has a bit more to go, maybe 20-50% gains from here at a guess, but the days of serious returns are past us.

True, no one knows for sure but c'mon.  There is $900t of global wealth. Bitcoin holds a miniscule percentage.  With the perfect storm brewing, and the mathematical fact that fiat will continue to debase, it's clear to many where this is headed.  It's plausible to believe bitcoin will be valued in excess of $100k after the next halving and could well go way above this and then volatility will hit.  The question is, where will the next low reach before it strengthens for its next cycle.  Pretty predictable given it is based on its monetary policy.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

For those holding a load of bitcoin, this could become very important and its best to address this issue before the next bullrun.  For those that don't take a lesson and be informed.  So much happening for those following along...I found this discussion fascinating 

@MonsieurCopperCrutch

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
10 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Many think it will go much higher than Adam's forecast as it is likely to go on a bullrun for 15mths -18 mths following the halvening.

FYI something i forget to mention. My 2020 Microstrategy shares in my SIPP have fully recovered their paper losses from 2022 and are trading higher than ever, and one of my best performing holdings in 2023 , that and Tesla. 

HOLA4425
On 17/05/2023 at 19:52, markyh said:

I did it with Bitcoin, i did it with Eth , I did it with Hex, i will do it again with Pulsechain and Pulse X.

You got scammed big time on these scam coins. I love how you try to change the reality. If you’d sold out on HEX you’d have made it big time and that would have been lucky but you got greedy and you’ve got a lifetime to reflect on that now.

Couldn’t happen to a nicer poster.

Maybe you can get a job at a supermarket now and tell everyone how you spent all your gains on a Tesla clown car.