House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

You cheer on a speculative bubble and could be duping some posters. I;,m sorry but I find it a disgrace .

You can find it what you want, but people are free to make up their own minds, and the markets disagree with your opinion. Like you had free will selling out at $12 others have free will to educate themselves and DCA+HODL. 

HOLA442
Just now, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I didn’t know about it in 2011. I started buying in 2013 the day after I read the whitepaper. If I’d discovered it in 2011 my strategy would still be the same as today. The last thing I would ever have done is sell for $12. 😂

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

BTC is NOT meant to be an investment that will make you rich 

You're speculating and gambling 

As I said it won't end well for you or your followers ! 

HOLA443
2 minutes ago, Warlord said:

you're another johnny come lately who knows nothing of the history of BTC and now you "advise" others to do the same  as you in 2013 but at 2021 prices.

Followers? I haven’t got any followers you nugget. 

As I said before, I know more about Bitcoin than you. That’s exactly why I don’t sell but you sold out at $12. 

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, Warlord said:

What was bitcoin meant to be? A currency? Do you think 21 million at $12 per coin is enough currency for widespread use?

Do you think $252 million is enough money for the world?

I don’t think anyone here denies there are short term bubbles and short term oversold periods too. It’s a market and is often driven by sentiment in the short term. But it clearly needs to rise in value to have widespread utility.

And perhaps people speculate on it because other forms of money we have are deficient. If we had a non inflating government supplied money, much (not all) of the reasons for holding and speculating on bitcoin would vanish.

HOLA446
4 hours ago, Warlord said:

https://cryptoglobe.com/latest/2021/01/bitcoin-is-sound-money-peter-schiffs-bitcoiner-son-argues/?utm_source=vuukle&utm_medium=talk_of_town

Perhaps bitcoin is a generation thing. The dinosaurs cant get their head around electronic money. Even Spencer Schiff, Peters son, thinks his old man is a dinosaur.

The pro-bitcoin son of famous gold bug Peter Schiff, Spencer Schiff, has argued that BTC is “sound money” while claiming his dad’s understanding of money is “flawed.” Peter Schiff, it’s worth noting, is a well-known bitcoin bear.

On Twitter, Peter Schiff and TV personality Max Keiser were debating the use of bitcoin and gold as hedges against inflation and currency debasement. Responding to a tweet where Peter Schiff claimed that Keiser said he opposes bitcoin for being a “fiat addict” and pointing out gold is not fiat currency, his son said his understanding of money is flawed.

HOLA447
7 hours ago, Frugal Git said:

And all I’m saying is messing about buying and selling a bit of eth for a few quid sounds a bit pointless to me, but fair play if you enjoy it. It’s pretty close to pure gambling. I’d rather just back and lay on F1 qualifying or correct score on Betfair for such entertainment but each to their own. 

I sold, 600% profit after two years or so of hodling. I bought my BC at £750 and sold some at £10,6k (some at less) around 2018 or so.

I don't waste my time on crypto currencies and don't give a rats **** about them. Its not pointless if you don't do it. I do NOT trade or deal in cryptocurrencies. 

Understand now?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
7 hours ago, markyh said:

We all own stocks and gold and houses too, but they are not that exciting, except Tesla. 

SAV, up 25% this morning. I'm up  45% in the 4weeks I've hodled (lol)

EMH up 100% in a month 600% this year.

Both backed by £1bilion+ of physical assets and both valued far below that physical asset value.

HOLA4411
7 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

I sold, 600% profit after two years or so of hodling. I bought my BC at £750 and sold some at £10,6k (some at less) around 2018 or so.

I don't waste my time on crypto currencies and don't give a rats **** about them. Its not pointless if you don't do it. I do NOT trade or deal in cryptocurrencies. 

Understand now?

So if you kept your nerve and hodl your crypto would be worth 2.5x now, and 10x by December. Now you are out watching the price run away from you. Oh well. 

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
4 hours ago, dannyf said:

What was bitcoin meant to be? A currency? Do you think 21 million at $12 per coin is enough currency for widespread use?

Do you think $252 million is enough money for the world?

I don’t think anyone here denies there are short term bubbles and short term oversold periods too. It’s a market and is often driven by sentiment in the short term. But it clearly needs to rise in value to have widespread utility.

And perhaps people speculate on it because other forms of money we have are deficient. If we had a non inflating government supplied money, much (not all) of the reasons for holding and speculating on bitcoin would vanish.

Its impossible to use Bitcoin for money, its too expensive to use and cumbersome, absolutely nobody is seriously suggesting it. ETH derivatives are feasible in that respect.

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, markyh said:

So if you kept your nerve and hodl your crypto would be worth 2.5x now, and 10x by December. Now you are out watching the price run away from you. Oh well. 

I took the BC money and invested it in shares, I'm probably up 100%, but more importantly I did it at very low risk.

You have zero understanding of risk in finance, obviously.

The probability that money invested now in crypto will be up 1000% by December is 0.01%, probability its at 25% is 95%.

Thats a risk far far away from my pension funds. 100% per 5 years is considered high risk, I think I can make that in two. Thats all I need.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
15 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

When I plug it in it insists I update the firmware on the wallet before accessing it. Backup the eth first, otherwise you may lose it.. 😄

Activated mine, but never put anything on it. Did you not store the 24 seed words on the little card in the box when you set it up? 

HOLA4417
6 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

Another great video explaining the last few days. Weak hands giving their bitcoin to the "new" whales.  Mt favourite Crypto youtuber, Crypto Daily. 

HOLA4418
13 minutes ago, markyh said:

Another great video explaining the last few days. Weak hands giving their bitcoin to the "new" whales.  Mt favourite Crypto youtuber, Crypto Daily. 

Nice video. Was seeing big buys go through all day this api all the main exchanges

https://btcusd.aggr.trade/

There was also many miners sending coins over to the exchanges. If this was a institutional sale there really would have been blood, but they don't work like that. Half thinking btc is going from the little hands to the institutions. 

There's an article in the telegraph of ppl cashing out their long held btc to buy stuff, gym equipment, Xmas presents etc. that will be worthless in a few years, such a shame

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
2 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Understand now?

Yes you are salty about being a weak hand and bailing before this latest bull run. We understand.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425