House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
Just now, Peter Hun said:

As I said, I've got another 6ETH locked in a hardware wallet that I cannot access. I don't want any skin in the crypto currency game, my job entails it to the extent that its too much risk to have my saving/pension in it as well. 

It sounds a bit useless if you can’t access it 🤷🏻‍♀️

HOLA444
3 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I didn't think they were worth 30 bucks never mind 30 grand and stand by that.

But that's factually incorrect - they ARE worth $30,000 as we sit here today.

That's like standing in the pouring rain, with water dripping down your cheeks, saying "I didn't think it was going to rain today, and I stand by that."

Now - whether they are a good thing to BUY at $30,000 - well that's a different question.  But today's market price is a matter of fact.

HOLA445
2 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

1.2360 eth, sold for the price of a medium spec gaming PC. 

who is that desperate for cash on here to p1ss about like this?

What a moronic thing to say.

I don't invest in cryptocurrency's. Because I'm not stupid.

5 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

I’ve probably 20% of a decent net worth now in dividend payers, and maybe 40% in growth stocks. And another 10% ish in PMs. I’d guess that *many* of us who hold crypto also have a reasonably diversified net worth. Your stunning insight above is not news to us 🙄

Maybe not you, but some people ..

HOLA446
Just now, scottbeard said:

But that's factually incorrect - they ARE worth $30,000 as we sit here today.

That's like standing in the pouring rain, with water dripping down your cheeks, saying "I didn't think it was going to rain today, and I stand by that."

Now - whether they are a good thing to BUY at $30,000 - well that's a different question.  But today's market price is a matter of fact.

It is in a mania / bubble. The true value is closer to $2.

Those who know their history or were around before even SILK ROAD made it famous would understand. 

YOU are caught up in the hype like everyone else

HOLA447
3 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

It sounds a bit useless if you can’t access it 🤷🏻‍♀️

That's Cryptocurrencies for you. Buy a super secure hardware wallet and they change the software to access it and lock you out. 

This is seriously presented as the future of money.. lol.

HOLA448
1 minute ago, Peter Hun said:

What a moronic thing to say.

I don't invest in cryptocurrency's. Because I'm not stupid.

And all I’m saying is messing about buying and selling a bit of eth for a few quid sounds a bit pointless to me, but fair play if you enjoy it. It’s pretty close to pure gambling. I’d rather just back and lay on F1 qualifying or correct score on Betfair for such entertainment but each to their own. 

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
16 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

You keep posting this, and yet no-one who has in actually invested in Bitcoin on this forum has in fact lost any money.

Everyone is entering it with their eyes wide open about the volatility of Bitcoin.

No-one who is concerned about Bitcoin crashing from 40k to 30k should be buying Bitcoin in the first place - and no-one here is concerned.

Plain and simple to understand I would have thought.

10 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

1.2360 eth, sold for the p😄rice of a medium spec gaming PC. 

who is that desperate for cash on here to p1ss about like this?

🤣 

10 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

As I said, I've got another 6ETH locked in a hardware wallet that I cannot access. I don't want any skin in the crypto currency game, my job entails it to the extent that its too much risk to have my saving/pension in it as well. 

Pin money.

HOLA4415
39 minutes ago, Warlord said:

After that media took an interest and others started bidding it up to the crazy levels

Its a floating sound money, of course its going to get bid up rather than printed to oblivion, thats the whole point. Back in 2014 in this thread I projected an eventual price range for bitcoin of £20,000 to £30,000. Everyone knew back then that it had to get bid up massively to succeed ... apart from you apparently.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 minute ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Dunno. I would've HODLed but everyone has different needs.

I guess if you’re a genius trader, then crypto is a very very decent place to be. But with those sort of stakes you’re not going to get rich. If it’s some sort of form of practice, fun, a second income stream or they are trading a lot then I guess fair enough.  

HOLA4418
12 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

That's Cryptocurrencies for you. Buy a super secure hardware wallet and they change the software to access it and lock you out. 

This is seriously presented as the future of money.. lol.

And I remember the early internet was not very user friendly or easy. That's why it's still early doors in crypto. 

HOLA4419
2 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

I guess if you’re a genius trader, then crypto is a very very decent place to be. But with those sort of stakes you’re not going to get rich. If it’s some sort of form of practice, fun, a second income stream or they are trading a lot then I guess fair enough.  

Trading bitcoin and crypto is like picking up pennies in front of the steamroller. Hoddling bitcoin is like driving the steamroller.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
8 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Its a floating sound money, of course its going to get bid up rather than printed to oblivion, thats the whole point.

It's not sound though and the original purpose of it goldbug has gone out of the window. 

The idea was we would all be buying cr*p in BTC instead of £ or $

THIS WAS STILL THE HOPE IN 2012 when I bailed.

The only place that used it as a medium of exchange were the drug dealers on SIlk Road and its  "genius" creator Ulbrict who got tracked down and arrested.

No one pays for stuff in BTC.  Well, maybe some do and there are legit uses but its very, very small and niche stuff or a novelty .

Somewhere along the way speculators bought them up and it went parabolic which brings us to the present . 

Wall street pumpers and dumpers are now in the market which i flagged up in previous posts. 

It is nothing but a speculative instrument, up 30% down 30% wild swings.  This is not a serious investment and should nor be seen as one. 

I wish you luck if you invest.. I Don't want ANYONE to lose their shirt.. but seriously, you need to listen to me and not the RAMPERS>

Edited by Warlord

HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, Frugal Git said:

Looks more like the wallet of someone curiously buying crypto to try out and see if they are comfortable with it or not. 

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, goldbug9999 said:

Trading bitcoin and crypto is like picking up pennes in front of the steamroller. Hoddling bitcoin is like driving the steamroller.

Completely concur. A great way to lose money fast. I stopped any form of short term trading years ago. It’s a stress I can well do without. Like I said, better to get those thrills staking a tenner on a 0:0, and laying it if there’s no goals after 22 mins or some such nonsense to make a match more interesting. 

HOLA4425
Just now, Warlord said:

It's not sound though and the original purpose of it goldbug has gone out of the window. 

The idea was we would all be being cr*p in BTC instead of £ or $

THIS WAS STILL THE HOPE IN 2012 when I bailed.

The only place that used it as a medium of exchange were the drug dealers on SIlk Road and its  "genius" creator Ulbrict who got tracked down and arrested.

No one pays for stuff in BTC.  Well, maybe some do and there are legit uses but its very, very small and niche stuff or a novelty .

Somewhere along the way speculators bought them up and it went parabolic which brings us to the present . 

Wall street pumpers and dumpers are now in the market which i flagged up in previous posts. 

It is nothing but a speculative instrument, up 30% down 30% wild swings.  This is not a serious investment and should nor be seen as one. 

I wish you luck if you invest.. I Don't want ANYONE to lose their shirt.. but seriously, you need to listen to me and not the RAMPERS>

Warlord please do not forget to breath between rants. Getting concerned for your blood pressure and heart rate. Just telling you as you are a good mate looking out for my financial wellbeing.