House Price Crash Forum

Insurer Aviva To Cut 2,000 Jobs Worldwide

HOLA441

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/04/18/uk-aviva-job-cuts-idUKBRE93H0G520130418

British insurer Aviva PLC (AV.L) will cut as many as 2,000 jobs worldwide in the latest cost-cutting drive aimed at revitalising its flagging fortunes, a source close to the company told Reuters on Thursday.

In an internal memo obtained by Reuters, Chief Executive Mark Wilson told staff the cuts would equate to around 6 percent of Aviva Group's global workforce and reiterated a commitment to deliver more than 450 million pounds in cost savings by the end of the year.

According to Aviva's annual report, the insurer employs around 31,200 people, as of December 31.

Cost cutting the way to success.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

feel sorry for the staff

years ago i had my car insurance with norwich union. when someone damaged the car the people they sent it to damaged the air con or it was never fixed. not quite sure.

because of this i will never have insurance with them ever again and tell everybody i know who ask me about car insurance.

Just wonder how many other people this sort of thing has happen to

HOLA446

feel sorry for the staff

years ago i had my car insurance with norwich union. when someone damaged the car the people they sent it to damaged the air con or it was never fixed. not quite sure.

because of this i will never have insurance with them ever again and tell everybody i know who ask me about car insurance.

Just wonder how many other people this sort of thing has happen to

everyone who works for Hire there is staff.

Which staff are you feeling sorry for?

• 2 years later...
HOLA447

Aviva staff left in tears after bosses announce closure of three sites in Greater Manchester and hundreds of job losses

15 June 2015

The company has confirmed a ‘large majority’ of its Greater Manchester workforce will be made redundant

Aviva staff were left in tears after their bosses announced the closure of three sites in Greater Manchester and hundreds of job losses.

There are 780 people employed at the insurance giant’s Stretford, Salford Quays and Manchester Albert Square offices, which are all due to close by the end of next year.

The company has confirmed a ‘large majority’ of its Greater Manchester workforce will be made redundant.

Hundreds of staff at the Stretford site were called into a meeting before lunch on Monday to hear the shock news.

...A 27-year-old employee, who didn’t want to be named, said: “We didn’t expect it at all. They said the lease was up on RAC House and there was a relocation to Norwich.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/aviva-staff-left-tears-after-9461093

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/aviva-job-cuts-unite-seeks-9459821

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/live-aviva-axe-hundreds-jobs-9458082

Edited by Venger

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Worst insurance co ever had the displeasure to do business with.

Dont deserve to be in business. Sack the board. Start with him.

Chief Executive Mark Wilson
Edited by R K

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I agree.

My car was insured by them. Was parked in a parking bay and got rammed hard by a car insured by Churchill (UK Insurance). The guy tried to do a runner but the Police caught up with him and he admitted liability.

It took 2 years to get my £350 excess back, I never got hire car or loss of earnings.

Between them, Aviva and UK Insurance stitched me up so I was unrepresented in court.

Now I have a CCJ and am paying UK Insurance £20 a month for their 'legal costs'.

Now (to quote Alice Cooper) I don't have a car, job, cable TV or a gun.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Aviva is weilding the axe down here in southampton today as well.......

http://m.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13334034.Uncertainty_over_future_of_jobs_in_Aviva_office_closure/

A FIRM that employs nearly 1,000 people at a Hampshire base has refused to rule out job losses there as it announced plans to combine two of its office buildings.

Staff at the Aviva base in Chandler's Ford have been told how the company intends to quit Natwest House, one of its two premises on the Hampshire Corporate Park.

Employees here will move into the remaining building at Chilworth House next door - a move that will be complete by the end of 2016.

This news came as the company announced plans to close a number of its offices at UK sites elsewhere.

Edited by workingpoor

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

And another win for the tractor boys.

alan-partridge.jpg

Tractor Boys are Ipswich! ;)

With these 5,000 new positions coming to Alan Partridge land I wonder what that will do to the housing market? <_< I'm already priced out big time.

I suspect most will be operational call centre jobs. I wish Norwich could do better than this.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Tractor Boys are Ipswich! ;)

With these 5,000 new positions coming to Alan Partridge land I wonder what that will do to the housing market? <_< I'm already priced out big time.

I suspect most will be operational call centre jobs. I wish Norwich could do better than this.

"get rid of it" LOL

HOLA4422

Signpost the 2000 to this recent HPC thread, and all will be well.

Generation Landlord - The Fastest Growing Type Of Self Employment Job In The Uk

I guess if I was made redundant and had a wad of cash then that would be the most logical route. Let's say your job was not needed anymore - moving across sectors is one of the hardest undertakings these days. You have to have a degree soon to just clean toilets - well, while you are paying £10,000 a year to retrain for the next 3 years, you need to have some income coming in that doesn't require a degree - LANDORDISM,

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/205115-generation-landlord-the-fastest-growing-type-of-self-employment-job-in-the-uk/

Edited by 200p

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I have recent experience, i got 3 weeks per year of service, this was from a large UK Defence Equipment Provider.

There were no ageist extra's for people over a certain age just 3 weeks per year across the board.

That's not typical though and i'd expect 1 week per year is the norm with possibly more for over 40's.

Could be made to work their 90 days notice also.

Edited by workingpoor