House Price Crash Forum

Cyprus levy --- merged threads

HOLA441

GAME ON.

Banking is about confidence.

they blew that confidence out of the water by announcing their plans up front.

NEXT TIME....they wont....

Still, I dont see why they didnt add the levy to borrowings too?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Banking is about confidence.

they blew that confidence out of the water by announcing their plans up front.

NEXT TIME....they wont....

Still, I dont see why they didnt add the levy to borrowings too?

Because they know it won`t get paid back, dipping accounts that are ripe with money now is far easier?Although it is not really as this mess shows. This will be the start of a disorderly break-up IMO. Almost as if that is the plan with this obvious stiring up of the sheeple.

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

It is not a game.

Unless you think being homeless, hungry and without hope is trivial.

If you think you're immune to what may or may not happen in Cyprus then think again.

Well if you do not want the status quo these are necessary steps required for change. Bring it on IMPO.

HOLA448

Should armed forces and government employees really be compensated if they go ahead with this?

Fortunately Osborne has walked back a bit. Only going to compensate reasonable amounts in current accounts.

It's one thing compensating squaddies and their monthly paycheck. Another the brigadier general who's stashed 100k in high interest accounts.

Daily mail is predictably outraged...

HOLA449

Because they know it won`t get paid back, dipping accounts that are ripe with money now is far easier?Although it is not really as this mess shows. This will be the start of a disorderly break-up IMO. Almost as if that is the plan with this obvious stiring up of the sheeple.

I'm not sure that there really IS a plan.. this scheme reeks more of a banking class who consider it obvious that savings in a FR bank are basically a loan to the bank (What? You didn't know? Your fault..).

I think that the only real plan is to try and protect the wealth of the top <1% no matter what the consequences.. plus dismantling welfare states and selling off government assets regardless of the opinion of the electorate, under the guise of 'Austerity'. The fact that this 'Austerity' doesn't actually achieve it's intended aim is a bonus, since it allows for.. wait for it .. more Austerity.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

All of the above.

People should learn about medicine, design, engineering, science and technology: things that actually improve our lot, things that you can show the little green men and be proud of, should they exist and ever arrive.

In a sensible, righteous and proper world all advantages to be gained from learning about "the system" would be outlawed and their usage made punishable by imprisonment. Instead we value such knowledge above all else and in doing so make all other occupations seem worthless by comparison. Unsurprisingly our progress remains glacial.

Amen to all of that.

HOLA4412

So you won't object when your Government confiscates a percentage of your money overnight if that is a necessary step for change ?

I would quite happily lose everything if I thought we would get rid of our completely corrupt ruling classes.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'm not sure that there really IS a plan.. this scheme reeks more of a banking class who consider it obvious that savings in a FR bank are basically a loan to the bank (What? You didn't know? Your fault..).

I think that the only real plan is to try and protect the wealth of the top <1% no matter what the consequences.. plus dismantling welfare states and selling off government assets regardless of the opinion of the electorate, under the guise of 'Austerity'. The fact that this 'Austerity' doesn't actually achieve it's intended aim is a bonus, since it allows for.. wait for it .. more Austerity.

Yes. Spot on.

Also, the 'elite' have got away with so much since 2008 - they were not jailed but instead have continued to get big bonuses and other benefifs - that they just think they can do whatever they want now. Why not take some of the 'little people's' savings?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Breaking news is people with less than 20,000 euros will be exempt.

Ahhh well thats alright then!

I wouldn't be surprised if their plan all along was to shock the population of Cyprus and then back track to something like this hoping that most people will just breath a sigh of relief and blindly accept whatever comes next.

HOLA4417

Interesting. Spoke to one of my work colleagues who's parents live in cyprus (for work), living on the Turkish side, apparently his mum asked him about transferring money to a Cyprus bank, apparently you can get 18% interest there. Lots live off the interest! Not sure if this impacts just the Greek side or the turkish side, or even if there still is that split there these days???

I would imagine the money would be denominated in Turkish Lira rather than Euro.

HOLA4418

Yes. Spot on.

Also, the 'elite' have got away with so much since 2008 - they were not jailed but instead have continued to get big bonuses and other benefifs - that they just think they can do whatever they want now. Why not take some of the 'little people's' savings?

its like they were sat around a table, trying to work out how far they can push the population. and each country has a bet on how far they can go.

Italy: cant we just steal the money from the people?

Greece, Er what?

Italy: you know, just take it out of their bank accounts

France: good idea, but how?

Cyprus: "i bet i can get up to 10% of the public's cash in all of our banks"

Germany: i bet you cant

Cyprus: Really? i'll bet you 1 Euro i can

Germany: Go on then

HOLA4419

its like they were sat around a table, trying to work out how far they can push the population. and each country has a bet on how far they can go.

Greece, Er what?

Well, I laughed.

HOLA4420

All of the above.

People should learn about medicine, design, engineering, science and technology: things that actually improve our lot, things that you can show the little green men and be proud of, should they exist and ever arrive.

In a sensible, righteous and proper world all advantages to be gained from learning about "the system" would be outlawed and their usage made punishable by imprisonment. Instead we value such knowledge above all else and in doing so make all other occupations seem worthless by comparison. Unsurprisingly our progress remains glacial.

Indeed.. no activity is allowed unless it directly involves and profits the financial sector (which will not take any risk in the process). This is generally termed 'private sector efficiency'.

Think PFI, student loans, building society conversions, QE operations.. as well as the selling of of public housing. Oh, and everyone has to have a pension fund to skim... and insurance for everything.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It is not a game.

Unless you think being homeless, hungry and without hope is trivial.

If you think you're immune to what may or may not happen in Cyprus then think again.

I didn`t say I was immune, I said GAME ON. The EU is undemocratic, the sooner it breaks up the better, and for that to happen sheeple need to get the sense that they have a reason to react and cause change. Taking a few hundred/thousand out of the bank in Cyprus as soon as it was obvious the banks were screwed should have prevented anyone with money being hungry or homeless. Save "hungry, homeless and without hope" for war zones and stop being melodramatic.

HOLA4423

Greece, Er what?

trading_places02.jpg

HOLA4424

Maybe, the EU stooge on Bloomberg earlier visibly twitched every time "voters" were mentioned, but he also looked a bit shaken and stirred, IMO they know their little game is unravelling fast.

HOLA4425

Maybe, the EU stooge on Bloomberg earlier visibly twitched every time "voters" were mentioned, but he also looked a bit shaken and stirred, IMO they know their little game is unravelling fast.

Must be annoying if you've spent time and effort buying up all the politicians in all the main parties, and then those annoying voters go and vote for someone/anyone else...

What's that bet that subtle barriers to standing in elections start to get raised.. 'Yes anyone can stand, as long as they have a £10k deposit and 500 signatures..'