House Price Crash Forum

W. T. F. !?!?!?!

HOLA441

I am about to buy a house again after 8 years of renting (and 3 years of falling prices) and my area is infested with noisy and free-shitting seagulls. They are supposedly a protected species so some innovative counter-measure will need to be deployed.

Old CDs - cheap ones you get from the front of the daily mail. Hang them from some string and they move in the wind reflecting sunlight and put them off.

A friend of mine has a small vineyard and he uses them for the same reason as you.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Old CDs - cheap ones you get from the front of the daily mail. Hang them from some string and they move in the wind reflecting sunlight and put them off.

A friend of mine has a small vineyard and he uses them for the same reason as you.

Thanks--have noticed this in a few houses. The downside is that they look a bit tacky.

Some have pet barn owls that seem to clear the area for several hundred metres- Apparently, the owls go out at night and lay waste to nesting gulls or their progeny. The problem is that they sometimes help themselves to the occasional small dog or cat and that can get you into trouble with neighbours.

HOLA443

Years ago my garden became any cat's worst nightmare. In order to protect my flower beds I buried moustraps just below the surface beneath a thin layer of peat. A handy air-rifle would send pellets whistling over their ears if they were lucky and the occasional banger left over from the 5th struck terror and fear into many preventing a return visit for many months. Its war and every means possible should be deployed.

I am about to buy a house again after 8 years of renting (and 3 years of falling prices) and my area is infested with noisy and free-shitting seagulls. They are supposedly a protected species so some innovative counter-measure will need to be deployed.

that's a bit deranged tbh, I'd rather have a cat as a neighbour whatever their leavings than an air-gun firing firework thrower

"hello uncle arthur I'm going to play in the garden..... ah *snap* my fingers"

*runs across garden path wailing*

RB: "Claymore mutha******a!"

*KAboom*

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA448

I have just been clicking through the new additions to my saved Property Bee properties... with a hangover.... and found this:

Dear god no

:blink:

I've nothing against cheerfully painted cottages, terraces etc... but it just does not work with mock frickin tudor.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I have just been clicking through the new additions to my saved Property Bee properties... with a hangover.... and found this:

Dear god no

:blink:

I've nothing against cheerfully painted cottages, terraces etc... but it just does not work with mock frickin tudor.

Strange that they don't show any pictures of the interior... :unsure:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The Conference room, you must mean?

Living room looks like a hotel lounge/lobby.

Roomy, though.

It was the pheasants hanging next to the dining table that got me.

Is it that:

-fake pheasants (real ones stuffed? entirely artificial ones made in China?) are the new must-have accessory?

-he has been shooting and is very proud and wants everyone to know it?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I think this place was repossesed for crimes against housing.

My link

Alien invasion in the kitchen...a pink line on the bedroom wall that looks like the perpetrator couldn't be bothered to move the furniture before they started...a shower that sprays as much water on the floor as it does in the bath...

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_07_0000_max_620x414.JPG

So with the height of the mirror and the distance of the toilet roll holder from the toilet - to fully appreciate this bathroom, you'd need to be a short person with really long arms.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Years ago my garden became any cat's worst nightmare. In order to protect my flower beds I buried moustraps just below the surface beneath a thin layer of peat. A handy air-rifle would send pellets whistling over their ears if they were lucky and the occasional banger left over from the 5th struck terror and fear into many preventing a return visit for many months. Its war and every means possible should be deployed.

Strangely enough, clear plastic bottles full of water put near the places where cats get into your garden scares them off. Don't ask me why - go to Japan and you'll see these everywhere. We've got one in our garden that has seen the number of 'visits' we get down by 90%.

• 11 months later...
HOLA4425