House Price Crash Forum

W. T. F. !?!?!?!

Please share your examples of strange interior/exterior design... furniture... gardens.... etc

Nice garden

while not a fan myself that garden to some lazy gits is ideal and low maintenance.

Please share your examples of strange interior/exterior design... furniture... gardens.... etc

Nice garden

sod the garden, you can't swing even a rat in some of those rooms....

£200k?!?

Nice garden

Anyone with a dog or who's neighbours have lots of cats when they don't will understand why doing this makes sense in some gardens.

Paving/bricking over your garden should be illegal, for many reasons.

But the big one for me would be not having any birds visiting, and the awful aesthetics.

Of course there is idea of changing water flow patterns, adding heat to a micro-environment, etc...

But the big one for me would be not having any birds visiting, and the awful aesthetics.

Of course there is idea of changing water flow patterns, adding heat to a micro-environment, etc...

i think it is now, for hydriological reasons (water flashing off into the rivers via drains and promoting flooding)

you need polanning permission before paving over your garden these days, how much that is enforced I do not know, or whether it has come into force yet, it was certainly intended

Anyone with a dog or who's neighbours have lots of cats when they don't will understand why doing this makes sense in some gardens.

I'm ok, but my lady has neighbours whose cat sh1ts in her garden.

It's been photographed doing so, and I duly shovel it up and deposit the loose crap on their doorstep.

Yes they don't like it, but I don't like their feral animals eating songbirds and fouling the garden.

EDIT: When I lived in Halifax Nova Scotia Canada, they had a system where you could get live traps from the local vet, bait trap the damned animals as they came on your property, and you take it back to the vet. The owner would have to cough up, hmm, I think it was $75 to get the animal released, or it was put up for re-home, and if that didn't work, put down.

In Toronto Canada, cat's outside have to be on a leash in certain districts. They get used to it pretty quickly, despite the outcry from owners.

Edited by cashinmattress

I keep saying this but it hacks me off when I look and think thats a nice house then scan the pics to find the front garden is paved over and the rear has a great bloody garage in it. A front garden is for flowers and shrubs and to create a warm welcoming environment bounding a home and the world, the rear should have a grassed area for the kids and to hang the washing over and the rest should be filled with vegetables and strawbs/rasbs. Instant no from me, I'd have to pay to have the front concrete dug up and the garage demolished!!!!

Edit tipo

Edited by zebbedee

I keep saying this but it hacks me off when I look and think thats a nice house then scan the pics to find the front garden is paved over and the rear has a great bloody garage in it. A front garden is for flowers and shrubs and to create a warm welcoming environment bounding a home and the world, the rear should have a grassed area for the kids and to hang the washing over and the rest should be filled with vegetables and strawbs/rasbs. Instant no from me, I'd have to pay to have the front concrete dug up and the garage demolished!!!!

Edit tipo

+1

Edit tipo

yes indeed.

and currants and gooseberries.

that bricky one would be like sitting out in an office carpark, only more claustrophobic.

the worst of it is, the vendors will see this garden-destruction as improvements and add the cost of doing it onto their asking price.

Mind the step:

3272_1169145159_IMG_04.JPG

'Compact yet bijou' - 140k house near Coventry

5449_905538_IMG_01.jpg

Maybe they like rollerblading?

7304_HSP03624_IMG_07_0000.JPG

Your very own pub:

84494_200188747_IMG_01_0000.jpg

Imagine eating your Shreddies here:

13910_1787895_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.jpg

Mind the step:

3272_1169145159_IMG_04.JPG

'Compact yet bijou' - 140k house near Coventry

5449_905538_IMG_01.jpg

Maybe they like rollerblading?

7304_HSP03624_IMG_07_0000.JPG

Your very own pub:

84494_200188747_IMG_01_0000.jpg

Imagine eating your Shreddies here:

13910_1787895_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.jpg

I love the way they have 4 chairs grouped around that square foot of worktop to suggest it can actually seat four.

I love the way they have 4 chairs grouped around that square foot of worktop to suggest it can actually seat four.

And with the rest of the street watching!

sod the garden, you can't swing even a rat in some of those rooms....

£200k?!?

And all-over decking like that allows rats to breed like rabbits underneath. Nice.

Edit: Oh and this is my FAVOURITE WTF of all time:

8COHN.jpg

Careful getting out of that bath! A snip at wait for it ... £1.15m - oh yes you'd better believe it.

Edited by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond

Edit: Oh and this is my FAVOURITE WTF of all time:

8COHN.jpg

Careful getting out of that bath! A snip at wait for it ... £1.15m - oh yes you'd better believe it.

That is one of the most hilarious laugh out loud things I have seen in a long time.

That is one of the most hilarious laugh out loud things I have seen in a long time.

So eccentric I almost like it.. I'd sit in there with a pirates hat and telescope :D

I know... no twigs in vases

I think this place was repossesed for crimes against housing.

My link

Alien invasion in the kitchen...a pink line on the bedroom wall that looks like the perpetrator couldn't be bothered to move the furniture before they started...a shower that sprays as much water on the floor as it does in the bath...

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.JPG

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_05_0000_max_620x414.JPG

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_07_0000_max_620x414.JPG

Edited by mitchbux

I think this place was repossesed for crimes against housing.

My link

Alien invasion in the kitchen...a pink line on the bedroom wall that looks like the perpetrator couldn't be bothered to move the furniture before they started...a shower that sprays as much water on the floor as it does in the bath...

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.JPG

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_05_0000_max_620x414.JPG

57064_1573240A_73240_IMG_07_0000_max_620x414.JPG

again - missing those twigs in vases - no wonder it got repo'd