House Price Crash Forum

Tolerating Annoying People

ken_ichikawa

HOLA441

Whenever I take a flight invariably there are multiple crying babies on board.... always on long flights to Asia as well.... Same thing with buses, trains etc... but this is sort of OK because I know that it will shortly end...

Question is how do you tolerate incredibly annoying people you WORK WITH.

The guy who sits opposite me is possibly the most annoying person in the universe.

Firstly I get to listen to his gut rumble constantly all day long because he doesn't eat properly. He thinks its funny, I find it unpleasant.

He will bang the desks with his fists randomly shaking my monitor. Will whistle and click his pen for the entire 8 hours I am there. While singing making love to the desks and give off noxious gas regularly...

Other than looking for another place of work (which I am doing for various reasons) how is it possible to tolerate this person? If it were one constant thing I would be able to tune it out but its not.

Any thoughts.....

HOLA442

Whenever I take a flight invariably there are multiple crying babies on board.... always on long flights to Asia as well.... Same thing with buses, trains etc... but this is sort of OK because I know that it will shortly end...

The guy who sits opposite me is possibly the most annoying person in the universe.

Firstly I get to listen to his gut rumble constantly all day long because he doesn't eat properly. He thinks its funny, I find it unpleasant.

He will bang the desks with his fists randomly shaking my monitor. Will whistle and click his pen for the entire 8 hours I am there. While singing making love to the desks and give off noxious gas regularly...

By 430pm I am ready to leap onto the table and stab him in the face repeatedly...which is the time he leaves work before I do.

Other than looking for another place of work (which I am doing for various reasons) how is it possible to tolerate this person? If it were one constant thing I would be able to tune it out but its not.

Any thoughts.....

Smile like a born again Christian, take up whistling and eat baked beans for breakfast.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Any thoughts.....

Just as well he isnt a dentist he would get sacked

HOLA445

Any thoughts.....

Nope the bloke who sits next to me is. :(

I know we all have habits and stuff - however most people only have one or two and you can cope with them. This bloke has 7 or 8. No kidding.

(1) This GERD stomach thing - he is fat as ****** and as a result his food comes half way back up and he coughs and chokes and splutters. This can last for 1 hour up to the entire day. It sounds like he is choking. I know it doesn't sound nice but I wish he was.

(2) He eats constantly. Apples, biscuits - you name it. And after eating he is one of these people who sits and sucks and picks at their teeth with horrible little slurping noises.

(3) He picks his nose constantly.

(4) He farts constantly

(5) His chair makes a huge 'smash' sound every time he gets up or sots down. Nobody else in the entire office has a chair that does this.

(6) He aaghhhhs and ummsss constantly. You know the sort of person who will have a sup of coffee and exhale a huge loud 'aaaaaaaggggh'. And does this for every sip. He also does this for everything he types, or every email he sends. Pretty much everything. Life is SO ******ing hard for him clearly.

(7) He is so dull and says the most boring random things.

That is just off the top of my head. There are a good few more.

HOLA446

I get annoyed with people like that if I don't know them or like them.

Just the same as how parents can see angelic children running around playing in the garden on

a summers day while the neighbour hears screaming kids ruining the first time they've had all

week to sit down and relax in peace. And that's before they light up the barbeque and ruin all

the washing you just hung up.

Perspective is everything with annoying people.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

ccc sounds like your colleague has antisocial personality disorder

http://en.wikipedia....nality_disorder

Suggest researching whether any co-worker support groups!

Could be. Then again perhaps he's just a fat pig. :lol:

I wont be there for long so I can cope knowing it wont be too much longer. And the one benefit ? Wherever I work in future the chances of sitting next to anyone this annoying is slim to none. That will be a good feeling when I leave this place for the last time.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Build a wall out of lever arch files and wear headphones. I imagine his exaggerated behaviour has amplified since it annoyed you. Itching powder would amuse. Constant scratching added to his other attention seeking habits would be insane.

I went for a job where the office environment would have been so bloody intimate it was hard not to run out of the door immediately.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sounds like a couple of my work colleagues.

1 annoying bint opposite me is minted, she doesn't need to work (works part-time, hubby is a medical consultant), all she does is moan about how expensive everything is - how expensive the school uniform for diddums who goes to prep school is, how expensive the nanny is (dreadful, she's pregnant and she has to pay mat pay etc etc), how expensive petrol is for their f*ck-off huge 4x4 blah blah

I feel like stabbing her in the head as she's just such a self-absorbed cow with no interest in other people's perspectives.

I usually just put my earphones on, put the music loud enough so I don't have to listen to the dribble of my co-workers and rock out. Means I can get on with my work efficiently, complete it and p*ss off away from these annoying cretins.

Oh, that reminds of the worst of the lot, constant bellowing phonecalls about the marble kitchen tops for her chalet in Gstaad. The worst scum I have ever come across had more class. She use to complain about having to go to Nobu, I called her out brilliantly, she was supposedly the financial director and she could not work out the retail margin afer VAT. I was discreet on a post it note but she was so convinced she could not be wrong she loudly told everyone in the meeting, so I had to do some little baby math for her, in front of them all.

She shut up after that and disappeared to become Head of Communications at Sainsburys. So she said. twit.

HOLA4416

What is this? A thread for the socially inept?

If the behaviour of another adult annoys you, and you can't walk away, tell the bu66er!

"Any chance you could step outside/into the lavatory when your going to fart/belch?"

"Could you not discuss your financial woes with me in the workplace? I'm not interested, and your having an effect on my work."

Of course, the subject of your ire may be well aware of what they're doing, and might laugh in your face. If they do, I'd recommend theregister.co.uk for tips on office guerrilla warfare :ph34r:

btw, having a constant stream of truckers/warehouse labourers through you office, each one determined to bitch harder then the last, makes all your petty worries pale into insignicance!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

What is this? A thread for the socially inept?

If the behaviour of another adult annoys you, and you can't walk away, tell the bu66er!

"Any chance you could step outside/into the lavatory when your going to fart/belch?"

"Could you not discuss your financial woes with me in the workplace? I'm not interested, and your having an effect on my work."

Of course, the subject of your ire may be well aware of what they're doing, and might laugh in your face. If they do, I'd recommend theregister.co.uk for tips on office guerrilla warfare :ph34r:

btw, having a constant stream of truckers/warehouse labourers through you office, each one determined to bitch harder then the last, makes all your petty worries pale into insignicance!

Apparently he has been informed numerous times over numerous years of his issues. It seems to have zero affect.

Think we are gonna move to a different part of the office soon. I will be informing them I have done my shift next to this chumo and it is someone else's turn.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Any thoughts.....

It's hard to know without knowing your precise circumstances at work.

If you can't bring yourself to try the direct approach (as per AThirdWay's reply), is there any chance your boss would be sympathetic to your situation (assuming your boss isn't the guy sitting opposite to you)?

I guess it depends on what your relationship with your boss and how well you're thought of etc.

HOLA4424

It's hard to know without knowing your precise circumstances at work.

If you can't bring yourself to try the direct approach (as per AThirdWay's reply), is there any chance your boss would be sympathetic to your situation (assuming your boss isn't the guy sitting opposite to you)?

I guess it depends on what your relationship with your boss and how well you're thought of etc.

The problem is with the general view on these matters. Someone smokes like a chimney and does everyones head in by coughing all day. Someone is fat and unhealthy as ****** and does everyones head in by burping and coughing and spluttering all day.

Would these people ever be taken aside by HR ? Would any of them ever be reported for their actions ? I doubt it. If they were off sick due to an upset stomach, or chest infection or whatever - would they get their sick pay as usual ? Of course.

However what if I was found out to have called in due to a hangover ? Not lied to them but just said I had a dodgy stomach and wasn't feeling well ? Would be a very different story wouldn't it ?

However what is the difference ? In reality - absolutely nothing. Both are self inflicted and if one is to be allowed then surely the other should be to.

Why is this ? Why is it only short term self inflicted sickness that tends to warrant punishment ? Why are bosses not allowed to take huge fatties into the office and tell them off for their disgusting state ? If I was to come in reeking of booze it would happen. So why not someone reeking of burps and farts and the rest of it - for their self infilcted state ?

HOLA4425

Archived