House Price Crash Forum

Gypsies On Benefits And Proud

awaytogo

HOLA441
HOLA442

Combines I they will be drawing less than the Royal Family, MP's, Than Bankers and Directors of Monopolies. Why the heck whould we care what a couple of dozen spongers are getting for free?

It's propaganda of the highest order and so many HPC'ers fall for it time and time again.

You people should be looking at the real issues and not be getting distracted by conservative HQ propaganda divide and conquer tactics.

HOLA443

Combines I they will be drawing less than the Royal Family, MP's, Than Bankers and Directors of Monopolies. Why the heck whould we care what a couple of dozen spongers are getting for free?

It's propaganda of the highest order and so many HPC'ers fall for it time and time again.

You people should be looking at the real issues and not be getting distracted by conservative HQ propaganda divide and conquer tactics.

Too true my fellow scarecrow. I haven't seen the program, but no don't the scapegoating is on a par with last night panorama

HOLA444

The Royal Family costs about £30 million a year.

Parliament in total costs about £500 million a year.

For perspective, the luvvies at the BBC suckle about £3.5 billion per year from the taxpayer's teat and the housing benefit bill is running at about £20 billion per year these days. It's more than just "a couple of dozen spongers" who are running up the benefits bill.

Further, the banks should never have been bailed out, but then the financial services industry does pay about £65 billion in tax per year (a bit under 12% of total tax revenue in the UK) so the £120 billion odd cash bailout of the banks represented around two years of tax contribution. The only reason the UK is able to afford the welfare bill it currently supports is because the country has been sold off to the banking industry. No more bankers = no more welfare state.

HOLA445

Didn't realise it was a simple binary argument of opposing either the plutocracy or excessive benefit claims. Thanks for putting me straight; I was labouring under the misapprehension that it was possible to be annoyed by both.

HOLA446
No more bankers = no more welfare state.

If you add up the costs of the bailouts, 5 years of ZIRP, QE, Frauds such as Libor manipulation ect ect and the ongoing collateral damage inflicted on the economy by the Bankers it's not that clear which of the two represent the greater cost.

Perhaps less 'financial innovation' might lead to less people needing to claim welfare in the first place.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I just don't like scum and object paying for them sort of old fashioned I know in your race to the bottom view of the world.

It is also more than a couple of dozen but I guess that's ok because it's magic money from higher tax payers and mid sized company tax receipts

HOLA4410

I've submitted my program idea's to Channel 5

MP's on expenses, and proud

Landowners on Benefits

Corporations on Subsidies and Proud

Landlords on Housing Benefit and Proud.

Bankers on QE and Proud

Bankers laundering drug cartel money and Proud.

Heres hoping for a favourable response!

HOLA4411

Didn't realise it was a simple binary argument of opposing either the plutocracy or excessive benefit claims. Thanks for putting me straight; I was labouring under the misapprehension that it was possible to be annoyed by both.

+1

HOLA4412

This is the stock answer to anything like this, as we saw on the Benefits Street debate a couple of months ago ("a handful of people who do not represent typical unemployed") and the housing benefit cap a year or so ago ("they may get £1000 p/w but there is only one family like that in the whole of the country and it is at a total cost to the taxpayer of £7.50. Compare that to bankers' bonuses!"

The logic of the argument is thus:

"There is something happening that is not good. However, there is something else happening that is not good and in my opinion, worse. Therefore it is improper to do anything about the former or even talk about it."

The question we should ask is do we have a benefits system that is very easy to exploit by people who have little or not connection to the country and no intention of working? If so, we should seek to change it, and not start talking about MPs' expenses or some other unrelated topic to distract attention and maintain the status quo of a flawed system.

HOLA4413

All aboard the Gypsy outrage bus is leaving the depot!!

outragebus.jpg

That program was either designed to make UKIP win every seat or to kill every Daily Mail reader with a massive heart attack....

HOLA4414

All aboard the Gypsy outrage bus is leaving the depot!!

outragebus.jpg

That program was either designed to make UKIP win every seat or to kill every Daily Mail reader with a massive heart attack....

It was on Channel Five. I doubt anyone saw it.

HOLA4415

I just don't like scum and object paying for them sort of old fashioned I know in your race to the bottom view of the world.

It is also more than a couple of dozen but I guess that's ok because it's magic money from higher tax payers and mid sized company tax receipts

How do you define scum?

There really is no point in talking about people as if they're not people - you end up misunderstanding what they do and what your relation to them is.

HOLA4416

The Royal Family costs about £30 million a year.

Parliament in total costs about £500 million a year.

For perspective, the luvvies at the BBC suckle about £3.5 billion per year from the taxpayer's teat and the housing benefit bill is running at about £20 billion per year these days. It's more than just "a couple of dozen spongers" who are running up the benefits bill.

Further, the banks should never have been bailed out, but then the financial services industry does pay about £65 billion in tax per year (a bit under 12% of total tax revenue in the UK) so the £120 billion odd cash bailout of the banks represented around two years of tax contribution. The only reason the UK is able to afford the welfare bill it currently supports is because the country has been sold off to the banking industry. No more bankers = no more welfare state.

Yes it seems there are a lot on this site will sell this country down the pan as long as they can fill their BTL, to suggest its a couple of dozen people is just unbelievable.

• 4 months later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

As i see it, 'travellers' are people who are not fortunate enough to have inherited land.

Dwell on that when you consider how much* taxpayer's money Ian Duncan Smith's farming family is awarded through the Common Agricultural Policy, for the onerous self-sacrifice of having to own thousands of acres.

* in case you are wondering, well into seven figures.

HOLA4419

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11030571/Double-shooting-husband-killed-wife-after-battle-against-gypsy-camp.html

The other thing about gypsies.....not sure if it was the loss of housing equity or the nuisance. The 500k bit seems to get prominence.

Idiot, he would have done better to shoot the local councillors; that would have made people think twice before proposing such schemes.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I've submitted my program idea's to Channel 5

MP's on expenses, and proud

Landowners on Benefits

Corporations on Subsidies and Proud

Landlords on Housing Benefit and Proud.

Bankers on QE and Proud

Bankers laundering drug cartel money and Proud.

Heres hoping for a favourable response!

They pretty much are as you describe! :blink:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Well after listening to all your arguments, Judge XYY has come to a verdict.

Pikeys should not qualify for benefits as they are, in reality, actively seeking scrap-metal rather than actual work.

But I also rule that the BBC should be stripped of the licence fee, and this entire fund be redistributed to the fledgeling PBS channel (Pikey Service Broadcasting) as their shows are much funnier - especially the Ceefax subtitles... ;)

XYY

Archived