• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
It's all very sad :(

How will we ever manage without them? It's not like this country has ever managed without uncontrolled immigration before is it?

But....but.... who will build our lovely newbuild estates??

Will someone please think of the housbuilders!!!!

HOLA446
HOLA447

A few months ago my local Tesco got rid of half of the previous 'ethnic' ingredients and replaced it with Polish branded goods, I thought at the time that they'd perhaps left it a little late :lol:

HOLA448
This has gone beyond the joke. Over the past 3 years we have seen an approximate 2 million Polish migrants come and live amongst us. We have shared our lands, jobs even roads with their left handed cars on them and on the most part things have gone relatively smoothly. But now especially in the North West where nearly 500,000 of them have settled, their leaving. I dont mean one or two, but convoys this weekend are heading for France & Belgium. It appears were not offering what they want anymore and they feel its time to move on.

article-0-00DD8CAC0000044C-209_468x286.jpg

Stop them. They just cant leave like that, we'll miss them wont we.

Like rats leaving a sinking ship.

I only wish I could leave with them.

i personally liked them. polite. friendly. hard working.

but why would any self respecting pole come here, to the rain and racism for anything other than to save and leave ?

it was very pompous for us to assume they were here to 'escape' from polish poverty and induldge in our media driven 'lifestyle' haha.

poland is probably richer in life than here in slavebox land. less knifings. less snoopy local government. probably less tax.

overall, im happy for them. good luck fellas !!!

HOLA449

The Polish shop in the small Borders town that I work in has suddenly closed. This may or may not be unrelated to the fact that all building work on newbuild flats/houses in the areas has ceased.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Does this mean farm owners will have to pay farm workers wages that actually reflect real British living costs now?

Not the slave wage, "living ten to a bedsit" wages the Polish were happy to earn, while still sending the occasional tenner back home which practically supported their whole family.

That means food prices will go up even more. But the good news is even less demand for homes/accomodation.

Nope, the wages are staying the same all that's happening is that the Poles are being replaced by other nationalities.

We have about one hundred acres of strawberry fields at the back of us, last year mainly worked by Poles. This year the pickers are mainly Bulgarian mixed with some of the former eastern most Soviet states - Kazakhstan ( Spelling?) etc.

I did read a story last year that Poland were having to replace all the workers who had gone to Britain by recruiting from more eastern countries - even as far a field as India, so I think there's a few more years of cheap labour to come yet

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Anecdotally this has been my recent experience. Last year lots of European languages in Tesco. This summer none.

On the plus side, it will help to absorb a chunk of the job reductions that are coming, although I imagine it will have an adverse impact on tax revenues, but that should be offset by demand on public services. As for GDP, I can never figure out what that is really telling us anyway so tend to ignore it.

HOLA4415
You know Africa is a very very big place,

If you're going to be a twit at least make some sense.

Don't let people like him wind you up - this forum is littered with racist trolls. It is clear to anyone who has actually spent considerable time dealing with people of black skin colour from all races, that in general Zimbabweans are very law abiding (excluding Mugabe's lot of course) hence why the ordinary ones do not rise up. Most of the gun and drug crime in c London is actually committed by young Brits of Jamaican origin, or by Jamaicans too (Operation trident).

HOLA4416

but why would any self respecting pole come here, to the rain and racism for anything other than to save and leave ?

it was very pompous for us to assume they were here to 'escape' from polish poverty and induldge in our media driven 'lifestyle' haha.

poland is probably richer in life than here in slavebox land. less knifings. less snoopy local government. probably less tax.

Me too. Of all the UK immigrants --- they are good people on the whole imo...

HOLA4417

What are you on about. I'll think you'll find the uk is one of the least racist countries going. I suggest you visit eastern europe, i.e. east germany home of renowned far right groups, as is russia, where immigrants have been attacked and killed. Get your facts right before spouting rubbish and denigrating the uk

HOLA4418
What are you on about. I'll think you'll find the uk is one of the least racist countries going. I suggest you visit eastern europe, i.e. east germany home of renowned far right groups, as is russia, where immigrants have been attacked and killed. Get your facts right before spouting rubbish and denigrating the uk

Each to his own...interesting signature BTW

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Agreed. In most (if not all) continental Europe countries racism is far (far) more widespread and normal than in the UK. I'm not British so I'm not trying to protect the UK here, only reality.

Edit: the Polish will definitely get a worse deal racism-wise in France or Belgium if that's where they're off too. But I guess what they're interested in is maximising the value of their time away from home and earning euros is better than earning pounds right now.

Edited by blackbear

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425